Author Topic: Pinkies?!?! (Dracut, MA, will be looking for homes!)  (Read 20848 times)

Offline loveforrats16

• Posts Too Much!
  • Dont Own An Animal If You Cant Take Care Of It.
Re: Pinkies?!?! (Dracut, MA, will be looking for homes!)
« Reply #75 on: October 11, 2011, 08:21:41 PM »
 :puppy_dog_eyes:
The third picture, the one to the left.
I'm pretty sure he's calling out to me.
Dont wait around for someone else to do something that needs to be done.
Adopt, Love, Take Care, Take Charge.

Informational Websites;
http://ratguide.com/health/basics/advanced_health_check.php
rmca.org/Resources/rmcafaq.htm
ratfanclub.org/firstaid.html
afrma.org/rmindex.htm
quite.co.uk/rat

Offline BostonRatLady

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #76 on: October 11, 2011, 09:40:35 PM »
:puppy_dog_eyes:
The third picture, the one to the left.
I'm pretty sure he's calling out to me.

Well... :poke: :cheeky: Where are you located? Want him? LOL!
I'll be starting individual photos of the bubs soon, trying to drum up a more solid list of interested people in homes. I'll be keeping the 3 girls and 2 of the boys (one being my Pumpkin-rat, "Punkin"/"Punkin-butt"---he's the chubbiest of them all, with the only stripe of the boys that doesn't go all the way down to his butt). That leaves 5 boys to be adopted. I will, of course, offer a kind and open home to any of those 5 who don't find new homes, no worries there, for as long as they need one. It will be a stretch, financially, for new cages and heaven forbid if they all got sick or injured at once for vet bills, but they won't be dumped or given to just anyone (i.e. possible snake food). 

Pet's name: Gerald

My current rats: George, Pumpkin, Alfie, Valentino, Franky, Buddy, Olivia, and Dash

Offline Rascalcat23

« Reply #77 on: October 11, 2011, 10:02:34 PM »
How precious! They just get cuter and cuter every day  :yelcutelaugh:

Offline loveforrats16

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #78 on: October 11, 2011, 10:35:40 PM »
I dont think that'd work very well with you being 10 hours away and all or I totally would

Informational Websites;
afrma.org/rmindex.htm
quite.co.uk/rat

Offline erbusbee

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #79 on: October 12, 2011, 12:32:27 AM »
Hey, we did a 10 hour rat train before, so it's possible.  I'm game to get them from Dracut MA to CT at least.

Offline BostonRatLady

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #80 on: October 12, 2011, 12:41:33 AM »
Hey, we did a 10 hour rat train before, so it's possible.  I'm game to get them from Dracut MA to CT at least.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! And for the southern New England/New York area that would be a great start. Loveforrats 16 is out in Ohio, though. If others chime in, and the stars align, it might still work. However, I'll definitely keep you apprised if I get any CT homes. I can meet you in the area where you mentioned your horse is kept, since I grew up there, to save you on gas from going all the way up to Dracut.

My current rats: George, Pumpkin, Alfie, Valentino, Franky, Buddy, Olivia, and Dash

Offline MaatAset

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #81 on: October 12, 2011, 02:28:26 AM »
OMG They are soooo cute.  I love baby rat hands  :heart:  Reminds me of when Rosie had her little bubs years ago.

Offline applecavy

• Posts Too Much!
  • Think adoption first! :3
« Reply #82 on: October 12, 2011, 08:26:49 AM »

Thank you, thank you, thank you! And for the southern New England/New York area that would be a great start. Loveforrats 16 is out in Ohio, though. If others chime in, and the stars align, it might still work. However, I'll definitely keep you apprised if I get any CT homes. I can meet you in the area where you mentioned your horse is kept, since I grew up there, to save you on gas from going all the way up to Dracut.

Well I make a run out to Pittsburgh every few weeks, so if someone could get them to NJ. /shrugs
I believe she is on the wrong side of Ohio from Western PA though.

Offline BostonRatLady

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #83 on: October 12, 2011, 11:13:28 PM »
Days 12 and 13: "We have feets, we have teats, and we have teefs!" Yup, that's right: the babies are up and walking/running, the girls are developing nipples, and they have sprouted the beginnings of their teeth and are taste-testing everything. And I mean everything! Nothing is safe: not your fingers, not my fingers, not human fingers, not rat fingers...or, in the case of their littermates, ears, noses, tails, hands, or feet. If it fits, it gets tasted. It is particularly important to watch them carefully now, since they run on a whim and without warning. "Dash" actually even did a little hop-jump! They are running around the cage, tunneling under the paper towels and shavings, and chasing after their mamma for their next meal. Poor Mia---they are so big that she ends up totally splay-legged when they all go to nurse at once. This weekend, they graduate to their "big kid" cage.

FULL PHOTO ALBUM HERE (63 TOTAL PHOTOS)

Offline BostonRatLady

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #84 on: October 12, 2011, 11:43:43 PM »
Days 12 and 13- posting more pics since, technically, these span two days' worth

Offline BostonRatLady

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #85 on: October 13, 2011, 08:18:54 PM »
One peed tonight while out for playtime. All on his own.  :hyper:

Offline loveforrats16

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #86 on: October 13, 2011, 08:31:15 PM »
Thanks guy! :)
I love Dots tail. I've never had a rat with a completely black tail :heart:

Informational Websites;
afrma.org/rmindex.htm
quite.co.uk/rat

Offline applecavy

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #87 on: October 13, 2011, 08:34:21 PM »

This is one of the first and last times that is likely to make you happy!  :yelcutelaugh:

Offline BostonRatLady

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #88 on: October 13, 2011, 08:38:00 PM »

This is one of the first and last times that is likely to make you happy!  :yelcutelaugh:

Gosh, I know, right?! It just so happened to be on one of my cousin's couch throw pillows, so I don't know how happy she was about it. I just hope that territorial/possessive "leaking like a sieve" stage doesn't hit them just yet!  ;)

Offline BostonRatLady

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #89 on: October 13, 2011, 11:55:38 PM »
Pictures and descriptions have been added to my Adoptions thread here.

Offline BostonRatLady

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #90 on: October 15, 2011, 12:10:30 AM »
Days 14 and 15: Pictures to come, I promise! Between yesterday and today, the babies sprouted "real" ears (i.e. their ears are more developed)! We tried moving the little family to my spare Martin's R-680, since the babies seemed to be ready: they were more active and alert, they could run and climb, and they seemed to enjoy the space. However, their human mom, me, got worried that they weren't getting fed, they were scattered about, and were a bit chilled. So, we will try the "big kid" cage a little later on, once their eyes open.

Offline BostonRatLady

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #91 on: October 15, 2011, 12:15:20 PM »
Day 16-Photos to come! Today we have eyes! The babies have started to open their eyes and have been moved back, on a trial basis to start, to their "big rat" cage. They love exploring the additional space, and some even made it to the very top right after we put them in. They have tubes to crawl through, cage sides to climb, and a hammock to catch them if they go for a tumble. Their heads are becoming more shaped like an adult's and they're nearly always on the go!

Day 14 photos are their adoption photos.  :)
Day 15, I was too busy setting up their new cage to have taken any.  :(

Offline BostonRatLady

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #92 on: October 15, 2011, 10:10:07 PM »
I hope I'm not being annoying with all of the updates. If I am, somebody please tell me!

Day 16 Photos

Mamma Mia

Offline Sailorgrrl

« Reply #93 on: October 15, 2011, 10:21:22 PM »
OH! Eyeballs! They are so adorable. I can't wait til I see eyeballs on Evie's bubs - not long now!

I'm not annoyed... I like seeing their progress!

Offline applecavy

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #94 on: October 15, 2011, 10:47:08 PM »
Gods they are precious.

Offline Rascalcat23

« Reply #95 on: October 15, 2011, 10:52:01 PM »
Annoying? Of course not! They're adorable  :BlueDumboSmile:

Offline BostonRatLady

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #96 on: October 15, 2011, 10:57:22 PM »
I'm glad everyone is enjoying them as much as I am!  :heart: Now that I found this additional R-680 that I forgot I had, it takes mounds of stress off, knowing that, while not ideal for long, long-term, it's still better than cramming them into an R-670 as they grow!

Offline BostonRatLady

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #97 on: October 17, 2011, 12:03:02 AM »
Day 17-Today Pi tried her first bit of oat from an apple crisp crust! They are chasing after Mia when they get hungry, running off on STURDY little legs during photo shoots, and their eyes are fully opened. Though they still sleep a lot, they pack a lot of action into those short little bursts! I needed help to wrangle them tonight for photos. It's very hard to get a good picture of them now. The babies officially look like mini-rats, instead of mini-aliens!

Offline Sailorgrrl

« Reply #98 on: October 17, 2011, 12:12:35 AM »
OMG  :eek: Is there anything cuter than a baby rat? - and your bubs are gorgeous! What little dolls they are!

Offline Been to the Mountaintop

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #99 on: October 17, 2011, 01:42:17 AM »
LOVING the updates and pics! Hope MIA is getting plenty of breaks and cuddles, and there's somewhere in the cage she can get to that they can't reach her. Also, do you know how to supplement feed her and start feeding the babies? Maybe you are already... I just posted my favorite rattie baby mash recipe on another thread.

It's great you've gone from very understandable dismay to being so TOTALLY into being a rat mommie!
--Best, Mountaintop--