Author Topic: Hello  (Read 6853 times)

Offline SSTFLFPS

• Posts Too Much!
  • The more people I meet, the more I love my dogs...
Hello
« on: September 30, 2011, 08:08:33 PM »

Say the girls.

Offline applecavy

• Posts Too Much!
  • Think adoption first! :3
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2011, 08:39:35 PM »
How do you tell them apart?  :)

Offline SSTFLFPS

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2011, 08:41:57 PM »
R is chunky.  Pure grey. And nothing but trouble.

M is a runt.  Has Tabby markings.  And is sweet and quiet.

ETA: R is the one on top.  M is the one on the bottom.

Offline SSTFLFPS

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2011, 10:06:07 PM »
The girls met the pups and turned into little balls of pure evil.  The pups were quite confused.  Guess I'll have to be working on intros, because of who, the four week olds.

Offline SSTFLFPS

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2011, 08:03:20 PM »

We are eating, playing and pooping like champs today.

Offline Marybelle

• Magic Wizard of Everything
  • Global Moderator
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Weird, and proud of it!
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2011, 11:00:19 PM »
I love little fuzzy gray kitties!  Squee!

Offline Rzrwyre

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2011, 01:42:47 AM »
Blues/greys rock.  I almost had one recently but my crazy grrly told me she was happy being the freaky queeny of the household.   :doh:  - raaz.

Offline SSTFLFPS

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2011, 12:31:55 PM »
I'm pretty in love with the little psychopaths myself.  Warm and fuzzy not so much, but d*mn if they can't make psychosis cute.  And yup they totally rock!  It's amazing what a couple of days will do.  They attack their food with a frenzy and already realize that I am the provider of the yumminess and start yowling up a storm the moment they sense my presence.  They are already filling out quite nicely and the difference in energy is amazing.  It's so funny to watch them play.  They are the size of fleas yet they love playing Jungle Cat like they're little lions.  I'll have to try to get video of the antics.  Two issues though, and I'm hoping you guys can help:

1. Food aggression - not toward me, but oh boy toward each other and any other kitty that gets near them.  The neighbor's doofus has already learned that when they are eating they do not desire to  play with him as a matter of fact they do not even desire to see him with in a mile radius.  Once the meal is over, then would he please come and play tolerant jungle gym.

2. Dog aggression - this intro is not going well.  The dogs are behaving beautifully.  The little divas, however, want nothing more than to eat them.  I've never had this issue before.  Our kittens in the past have been around dogs since birth and therefore it hasn't been an issue.  My boy was about the girls age when he came home, but he was the world's most laid back cat ever and had no issue accepting the dogs and befriending them.

Offline LOTR_Ratties

• Posts Too Much!
  • Life ends when we become silent about what matters
    • Zoe's Hammie Haven
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2011, 02:06:57 PM »
Oh my! :BlueDumboBigEyes: What cute little trouble-makers you have there, LOL :wink5:

Offline SSTFLFPS

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2011, 06:24:52 PM »

Getting pictures is getting much more complicated.  Wow what a difference sufficient food makes!  Another question, while I'm not sure it's right for my dogs, I'm thinking RAW might be the way to go with the kitties.  Can anyone break it down for me?  Right now they're getting:

1. Wet food
2. Meat flavored baby food (Turkey, Chicken, Beef)
3. Goat's Milk
4. Kitten Chow (I'm not a fan of free feeding, but them being so little I wanted them to have access to as much food as they need.  Although, due to fighting this is now supervised free feeding.  It's only available during play time when I'm there to supervise.)

Offline SSTFLFPS

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2011, 06:58:31 PM »
I thought I should be more specific in my RAW question:

Can anyone give me a sample menu of what your cat eats in say a week?

Offline SSTFLFPS

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2011, 11:46:59 PM »
The girls reached two big milestones today:

1.  They now groom themselves and each other.  No more need for constant baby wipe rub downs.
2.  They can now escape their box.  :eek:  This is a blessing and a curse.  It means they are much stronger, healthier, and more energetic than when they arrived, but containment - I no longer have containment.

A week and half until shots and deworming.  Seven and a half weeks until spays.

Offline SSTFLFPS

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2011, 08:33:37 PM »

The first picture really depicts why there were no pics yesterday and why so few today.  They DON'T. STOP. MOVING.  It makes me happy though because like I said it means they're stronger.  They still despise the poor dogs, but the food aggression is improving.  I think it was a case of starvation meets food, and they're starting to realize that food is going to come every day in a quantity large enough for BOTH of them.  They still try to muscle each other out, but the yowling/hissing/spitting has stopped.  They are also letting the neighbor's cat closer during meals before flipping out.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 08:40:54 PM by SSTFLFPS »

Offline applecavy

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2011, 10:18:19 AM »
When I was in kindergarden my sister "adopted" a kitten from a local hoarding situation. Amie (the kitten) was so starved that if we were making anything in the kitchen, even months after having had enough to eat with us, she would yowl and try to climb up our legs.
Even just toast.  :(

Hopefully your kittens just have crazy-baby-cat energy.

Offline SSTFLFPS

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2011, 02:50:45 PM »
I wish it were that, but I'm pretty sure this is the first time time they have enough to eat.  The improvement is just way too drastic.  They've gained major weight in just a few days and are so much more energetic.  They look big in the pictures, but are TINY.  They were about the size of the palm of my hand without my fingers.  They also aren't bloated anymore.  I'm still going to deworm them at six weeks.  It just makes me so happy to see them so much stronger, but at the same time sad to think how hungry they must have been.

Offline SSTFLFPS

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2011, 07:17:37 PM »
Today the girls learned an important lesson in life:

Cats HATE baths.
Mommy hates poopy babies more.
If they are to avoid the indignaty of a bath, they are NOT to roll in their own poop.

In other milestone news:
- R has been renamed O as she will be moving in with my mom once she's bigger.
- O killed her first bug.  She was quite proud.
- They are both expert pouncers.
- O has figured out climbing.
- The Divine Miss M is not far behind.
- The are slowly but surely learning to play nice, and we finally got to play without me looking like a cutter.
- The are eating nicely.  No more fighting with anyone, other than me  ;D.  If I take too long to present the meal, I have a kitty climbing up my leg and the other one attempting to in order to speed up the process.

Offline SSTFLFPS

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2011, 08:34:46 AM »
 :doh: Hi, my name is SSTFLFPS, and I'm a total spaz.  Just realizized that updating the "1 kitten or 2?" only happened in my head and therefore you don't know the story behind the girls.  That kitten didn't happen.  The mother moved the litter to an unknown location.  I realized that my back and forth plus two failed attempts to adopt probably meant right now wasn't the right time, and decided to enjoy the neighbor's kittens  and my beloved dogs.  I have been trying to excercise and decided to go for a bike ride.  Came home and apparently the universe had changed its mind.  On the doorstep were two tiny, cold, underweight kittens.  I'm assuming they were dumped.  There is no sign of the mother and none of the intact females in the neighborhood show signs of recent nursing.  Grandma is intrigued but the timing of her last litter and age of these two make her a noncandidate.  Their weight or.lack there of on arrival reaffirms it.

Offline SSTFLFPS

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2011, 09:52:34 PM »
Together

Miss M

Miss O

Today's theme has been progress.  They played before they ate.  There was no frantic eating.  M whomped O twice.  She's defending herself finally.  The first time O was playing musical plates M finally decided she was done moving over and whomped her over the head, with wait for it - SHEATHED claws.  Then little Miss O pounced a little too rough and Miss M whomped her cheek.  Miss M has learned to climb finally, and Miss O learned how to come back down.  I also got purrs out of both of them.  Miss M falls asleep in my hands easily that hasn't happened since before they gained their strength.  All it took was a scruff and grooming.  Turns out it really turned on her your my Mama and I can trust you completely button.  This is the one area where Miss M is ahead of Miss O, but Miss O had her own breakthrough today.  We've been doing consistent 10 second holding breaks during out time.  Today I pushed her to 20 seconds.  The last time, she totally chilled.

Offline maesie

• Posts Too Much!
  • 100% Aussi
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2011, 11:19:22 PM »
Awww... they are too cute! Loving the progress up dates AND photos =D

Offline SSTFLFPS

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2011, 11:47:09 PM »
Miss O

Miss M

The girls are now 5 weeks old.  We saw the vet today.  The girls have a little more than doubled their weights.  Miss O is now measuring just a week behind schedule, and little Miss M is measuring about 2 weeks behind.  Both girls have, however, not only caught developmentally but surpassed their 5 week old peers in some areas with Miss O taking the lead.  She's generally the first to do anything and Miss M follows suit a couple of days later.  They are climbing up and down, jumping, pouncing, the whole nine yards.  They love their box and jump back in it on their own when they're ready to stop playing.  I'm going to have to incorporate it into whatever I come up with next because it no longer swallows them.  Unfortunately, they are at exactly the wrong size.  They are outgrowing the box already, but they are still too small for too much freedom - so this Mama is going to have to do some major brainstorming.  Other than the dogs, Miss M is doing fabulously with her socialization lessons and today Miss O had breakthrough number two and actually came looking to me for lovins'.

Offline SSTFLFPS

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2011, 03:17:56 PM »
Miss O gave me quite the scare this morning.  She's super skinny.  I freaked out thinking you saw the vet yesterday and were doing fabulous, how on earth did you lose so much weight so fast and how soon can the vet see you again?  Then I made my nervous nelly self breathe and really looked at her.  The brat had a growth spurt.  She didn't lose weight (weighed her to double check) she's slightly taller and longer so she looks skinny, and the way they eat I have no fear that she will quickly fill out her new frame.

Offline SSTFLFPS

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2011, 09:08:14 PM »
And we officially have the beginnings of color change.  It appears the girls are going to be green eyed beauties.

Offline BayouBird

• Singing that Bayou Song!
    • Bayou Bird Songs
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2011, 09:32:07 PM »
I absolutely love green eyed cats!  Allegra has the prettiest eyes to me and her eyes are spring grass green  :heart:  Garfield has "normal" golden eyes while Charles seems to fluctuate between amber and brown.

Offline SSTFLFPS

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2011, 10:23:59 AM »
My joyous little headaches:

Miss O

Miss M

Video

Offline applecavy

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2011, 12:02:54 PM »
Aw, the pictures are getting to be so much clearer.