Author Topic: In memory of Rocky...  (Read 705 times)

Offline SilverTycho

• Posts Too Much!
In memory of Rocky...
« on: October 25, 2011, 11:31:27 PM »
This is my first post in a long time, but I thought I had to post it.

I don't know if I've posted since I adopted Rocky. I got him last year at a shelter. He was a gorgeous tri-colored blue eyed boy. A short time ago on a Friday, he started showing signs of illness. He was puking and not eating. I wasn't panicked but concerned. He was sent home from the vet Saturday. On Sunday when I got home, he showed lack of energy. He was a very playful boy so for the next couple hours I watched him. He got to the point where he couldn't walk. At midnight, I had my mom's help in driving him to the emergency vet about an hour away in the city. It was my first time going there. Later that night, they released him saying it wasn't an emergency. That Monday, he ended up at a holistic, more advanced vet in the city. After blood tests, they said they had good news. It wasn't diabetes but a pancreas problem. I was so relieved. By later that week, I got a call asking if I'd approve them to surgically insert a feeding tube. I told them to do anything. He ended up being put to sleep about a week later when the feeding tube wasn't helping and all options failed.

So, at 6 years old, Rocky died. It was a shock. Since I moved in June, he was my only cat. I remember telling someone a week before he got sick, "I don't know what I'd do if something happened to Rocky." I felt responsible. Since then, I've accepted it and know I tried everything. But, I'll always miss him. Everyday, I felt loved when I'd come home to a meowing furball. I always said I didn't have human children so he was my baby. I had him cremated, and I'm waiting to get a permanent urn.

Since then, I took one of my original kitties back from my parents- Peru. He loves being an only kitty, and I'm so happy I have him. He will never replace Rocky, but I've always loved Peru and glad to have him.

My baby boy will always be remembered. I plan to get a teddy bear urn for him.

I'll cry if I look at this picture long enough, but this is Rocky on his last morning home with me right before I left for the last vet. I didn't realize it'd be the last photo of him at home.

Erin

Offline applecavy

• Posts Too Much!
  • Think adoption first! :3
Re: In memory of Rocky...
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 11:57:16 PM »
I'm so sorry for your loss. I feel for you so deeply.  :heart:
He was a beautiful, and loved boy.

It's wonderful that you are going to share your home and heart with Peru now.

Offline gramma2jaakk

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2011, 06:12:50 AM »
I'm so sorry for your loss of Rocky.  He was a beautiful kitty, and from your description I know he will be very missed.

Offline Marybelle

• Magic Wizard of Everything
  • Global Moderator
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Weird, and proud of it!
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2011, 02:45:56 PM »
I know you miss him terribly, and I'm glad you were able to realize that you did everything you could for him, and that you weren't responsible for what happened to him.  *hugs*