Author Topic: R.I.P. my beautiful hallow-cat...  (Read 705 times)

Offline Nari Caution

• Posts Too Much!
  • Rats, the fanciest of pets~
    • Etsy~
R.I.P. my beautiful hallow-cat...
« on: November 05, 2011, 05:15:36 PM »
I know I haven't posted in this section before but I'm hoping it will at least help...

I got my cat when I was 14. I'm about to turn 20 now. I adopted him from a PETsMART after moving 3 times in one school year and my other cats had ran away. I moved with my mom into her boyfriends house who was nice enough but I think he let them out or left the door open... I've always adored cats so this on top of moving around so much was pretty difficult. Going into the PETsMART after moving back with just my mom and me, I walked in hoping to find a nice little kitty to call my own. I even paid for him myself which was a lot of money for me at the time. My mom saw a cute Siamese girl who looked still young but I had my eye on another. I've always thought that black cats were gorgeous and the fluffier, the better. Well, sitting right there was my perfect cat. Completely black except for a small white spot on his ear (vet said it wasn't a problem more like a birth mark), the softest fluffiest fur, and beautiful orange eyes. I asked the employee if I could open the door to his cage and once i did the first thing he did was put his paws on my shoulders. That's the closest thing to a hug I've ever gotten from a cat. Turns out he was quite the hugger.

He was everything i thought my perfect cat would be. Never ever had accidents, super affectionate, his favorite place to sleep was in your lap. He would cuddle with me in bed but would always scoot over a little to sleep which i appreciated. When i would come home, he would be waiting at the door or window and follow me around meowing for me to pick him up. He always wanted to be held, even if i tried putting him down. He was there for me during the hardest, most hectic part of my life so far. Everyone who met him would love him and he had many names. I always just called him Cat, and he would always come when i called him. As time passed and situations changed, i couldn't keep him when i moved over a year ago now and my mom took him in. She lives in a fairly wooded area with wild deer and turkey and he and her new boyfriends 2 cats loved it out there. I figured it was best for him to be out there and he was even quite the hunter even though he was declared. (i protested the declawing to no end but moms couches were free game as far as he was concerned)

I visited him once after he went to live with my mom who took excellent care of the cats. Better care than i could afford for sure. Even though it was months since i saw him, he ran right up to me like nothing had changed. He did have this new hair cut as did their other fluffy cat because the woods were full of stickers so it was kind of necessary. His fur was so fine he still got em even with the hair cut...

I tried to find a place to live which allowed cats but I didn't have time to really search and living in the bay area in California, I couldn't afford to live without roommates... I was just happy knowing he was well and enjoying life.

About a month ago now my mom comes to visit and tells me he went outside one day and she hasn't seen him for over a week... I've only seen my mother cry a handful of times, and this was one of them. I've been holding onto the hope that he would show up or someone would find him but with the weather getting so cold, my hope has gone with the sunshine. I dont want to thin about what took him from me, but he was taken... Someone or something stole my baby and I'll never know what.... I dont even have a place to mourn and always planned to have him cremated. I couldn't stand the thought of completely losing him. Every time I see a cat, even on TV, I tear up. I plan on getting a tattoo once I have the funds but until then, I just wanted to do something in his memory, even if its just this sad tale...

Rest in peace, my beautiful boy. Wherever you are, mama loves you and even though you're gone, maybe forever, and even though you never had a real name, you will never be forgotten.. Wherever you have gone, you took a piece of my heart with you and that will always be yours.

Offline Marybelle

• Magic Wizard of Everything
  • Global Moderator
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Weird, and proud of it!
Re: R.I.P. my beautiful hallow-cat...
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2011, 05:18:54 PM »
I'm so sorry.  I hope that he does someday come back to you.  Cats have taken some amazing journeys to be reunited with their people.  *hugs*

Offline Nari Caution

• Posts Too Much!
  • Rats, the fanciest of pets~
    • Etsy~
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2011, 06:40:36 PM »
Thank you. I've been hoping that somehow he'd find his way here to me which is crazy. I'm like 2-3 hours drive away... I just hope that if anything, someone else fell in love with him. I curse whatever took him from his safe loving home and his future home with me, but its all i can hope for at this point.

This is him. My words couldn't really do justice for just how cute he was...

He was such a silly butt. He's the one under the rug.

Offline Marybelle

• Magic Wizard of Everything
  • Global Moderator
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Weird, and proud of it!
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2011, 06:54:05 PM »
He's gorgeous.  :)