Author Topic: Raw feeding with Peru  (Read 531 times)

Offline SilverTycho

• Posts Too Much!
Raw feeding with Peru
« on: November 18, 2011, 07:43:51 PM »
When I switched Peru from Acana kibble to Nature's Variety canned, I noticed something. He's not too fond of new food, but he'll start to eat anything if hungry enough (which doesn't take long.. Peru is hunger driven). That got me thinking. Nature's Variety raw is an expensive raw diet, but Peru's my only animal and it's similar to his NV lamb canned so not too bad. So, I picked him up a bag of the NV raw lamb patties. Well, he's actually eating it! Plus, the cat food store said if he'll eat the raw, I can exchange the rest of my cans for it so I won't be out any money.

It actually surprises me because I got Peru as an adult, and he had always eaten kibble before I adopted him.
Erin

Offline Auntie Crazy

• Posts Too Much!
  • How could you NOT love those furry little faces?
    • CatCentric.org
Re: Raw feeding with Peru
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 03:06:27 AM »
Good for Peru!!!!!

And you're very lucky, Sunshine. Kibble fed cats often become addicts and transitioning them to a healthy diet becomes a major exercise in patience. Looks like Peru knows exactly what's good for him!  :thumbsup2:

AC
AC's Crew: Allen, Rachel, Meghan, Spencer, Heather & Ralph

CatCentric.org: A raw feeding, feline nutrition, health and general cat care blog, article and resource site.