Author Topic: I can't save them all, but hopefully I can save this one...  (Read 8532 times)

Offline MiserySmith

• Posts Too Much!
Re: I can't save them all, but hopefully I can save this one...
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2012, 06:29:52 PM »
Aww! He's looking so good! Yay
"The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?"-
Edgar Allan Poe

Offline Marybelle

• Magic Wizard of Everything
  • Global Moderator
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Weird, and proud of it!
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2012, 10:04:52 PM »
He looks quite contented to be king of your house.  :)

Offline Been to the Mountaintop

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2012, 07:57:51 AM »
Wow he looks just like a little panther!
--Best, Mountaintop--

Offline Been to the Mountaintop

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2012, 04:00:21 AM »
I love him happily turning his face to the sun with squinty eyes.
--Best, Mountaintop--

Offline Meatball

« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2012, 03:16:00 AM »
What a handsome man!!!

Offline ZooKeeper83

• Donor
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Meep
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2012, 09:21:28 AM »
Thanks again everyone!  :)

I thought I'd share a little Hap story from a few days ago.  I leave for work first and my fiance about 15 minutes after.  As he was heading to his car, he glanced back in our driveway and sees a black cat heading towards our house from past our garage.  After a double take, he realizes that's OUR black cat.  The only thing is - I had just let OUR black cat into the basement to hang out with the girl cats as I was leaving for work.

He called to Hap and told him to come while pointing to the ground.  Hap came right over - yeay training!!  Hap didn't appear to have an injuries, but he was completely poofed and agitated (something I've never seen from this laid back cat!).  He got Hap back in the house and then went in the basement to try and figure out what happened and make sure the girls were still there!  Luckily, both girls were accounted for, but Mike found a pane from our old basement window literally pushed outward into the driveway and broken into two pieces.

We believe that an outdoor cat that had previously been coming around and fighting with our girls through the window came back again.  Our big tough Hap man charged the window, popped it out, and then chased that mean other cat off of our property!  Also, it looks like he was headed back home when Mike found him.  He does love us!  :heart:

I'm still very grateful that Mike noticed him heading back to the house.  Because of that this story still has a happy ending!
Owned by: Dopey the basset; Lacey the border mix, Stinky, Lila and Happy the kittehs; Diesel the ball python; Rosie the dumeril's boa; Chili the children's python; Angus the bearded; Petri the leopard gecko; Addy the crested gecko

Offline Marybelle

• Magic Wizard of Everything
  • Global Moderator
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Weird, and proud of it!
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2012, 09:09:16 PM »
Hopefully that outdoor kitty has learned his lesson, and will stay far far away now!   :yelcutelaugh:

Offline applecavy

• Posts Too Much!
  • Think adoption first! :3
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2012, 10:20:21 PM »
It's awesome that he came back! That is such a big fear of mine.
I know my cats love me...but, how much? If they got out...would then come back?

Offline ZooKeeper83

• Donor
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Meep
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2012, 09:06:17 AM »
Haha! I hope so Marybelle!  My chasing him off sure didn't work, but now we busted out the true muscle of the house!  :yelcutelaugh:

One my kids getting out and not finding their way back home is a huge fear of mine too!  I could never have an indoor/outdoor cat.  I'd be too worried about where they are and what could be happening to them.  Hap is actually my first cat that has an interest in going outside - he demands it, actually.  I ablige him, but only with a collar and harness on in our fenced yard. 

If it had been one of my skittish girls that ended up outside, though, I'm worried I wouldn't see them again simply because of their own confusion and fear.  :-\

Owned by: Dopey the basset; Lacey the border mix, Stinky, Lila and Happy the kittehs; Diesel the ball python; Rosie the dumeril's boa; Chili the children's python; Angus the bearded; Petri the leopard gecko; Addy the crested gecko

Offline Lynke

• <3
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2012, 05:56:12 PM »
Happy is too cute <3 I love how his face and ears look XD my old 2 cats were indoor/outdoor but I would never do it again. They would pretty much give us no choice, being ferals before, after the busted screens up several times and found a way outside from inside the house(which we never did figure out x.x) we gave up. Our current cat kalvin thinks he wants to be outside but... e.e he actually is terrified once he gets their on a harness and leash. Best of luck with hap :D it seems like he found the perfect human :3

Offline SchönDers

« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2012, 03:49:53 PM »
It's always awesome when you can save a homeless kitty, or any animal. There is a gorgeous kitty near my apartment. I tried so hard to earn her trust so I could bring her in and give her a warm home before it got too cold outside, but I never accomplished that. I have been putting food out for her, but she doesn't seem to be coming around anymore. I hope somebody else saved her because it breaks my heart thinking she's out there in the cold. But, the kitty I have now is one I found outside, so that makes me happy.