Author Topic: Wheels  (Read 876 times)

Offline chelsea12

Wheels
« on: November 23, 2015, 09:21:19 AM »
Hello- Does anyone have any suggestions on wheels? I was looking at the wodent wheel, but I have a bunch of chewers who have recently chewed through a plastic litter box, igloo and space pod and are working their way through the shelves on their critter nation. I'm wondering if the plastic wheels will last more than a week.

I currently have a metal mesh one in their cage, but it got bent. They were only using it every once in a while (and hardly ever to actually run in), so they didn't mind. I adopted a new boy on Saturday and he's been busy on the wheel so I'm thinking an upgrade is in order.

Offline Vonda Z

• Posts Too Much!
    • Ratropolis: Life with Rats
Re: Wheels
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2015, 09:34:42 AM »
I don't have a wodent wheel, so I don't know how resistant they are to being chewed. My Silent Spinners have never been chewed - they are a pretty hard plastic, and not soft like the igloos and litter boxes and such. But then again, my litter boxes and igloos and space pods have never been chewed aside from some raggedness around the exposed edges. My rats have chewed the Critter Nation pans, however, and still left the wheel alone.

You may want to consider the Magnum Wheel if you are really concerned about chewing. It is like the Stealth Wheel, but it has a metal mesh running surface instead of the plastic mesh of the Stealth. http://atticworx.com/1Magnum.htm