Author Topic: Poopy butt :( poor old lady  (Read 616 times)

Offline Chelsea

• Posts Too Much!
    • My Blog
Poopy butt :( poor old lady
« on: December 13, 2011, 09:23:18 AM »
For the last day or so Willow has had poop stuck to her butt. It must have been somewhat soft because it got stuck to her fur and dried there, and I think that's the reason why she won't let me help her get it off. This happened one other time almost a year ago and I managed to coax her into holding down/laying still while I snipped the fur off, but she won't let me do that this time, she starts rolling all over and growling and then trying to do lick it away herself, and I haven't seen her do it yet but she's dragging her butt on the ground too (as can be expected).

Just so we're clear... it's not an issue with her litter box per se. I clean it every day, but she has really long fur on her butt and it was only ever a problem in her life once before this happened, so I've never taken her to get groomed or anything. But on that note, I can't afford to, and I don't get paid until Thursday so even if I could it would be a few more days of this. Also I didn't notice it until it was dried because I'm fairly certain I was at school when it happened so there was really nothing I could do.

Either way I don't want her eating poop, much less dragging it around, but I have no idea what I'm supposed to do with her. ): Please tell me this happens to other older cats (she's 15) and that someone has been successful in removing it and there is a trick or something because it's making me so sad to see her like this.

♡ 2010-2013 | rip Luca, Louie, Toph,
 and my best friends, Mishka & Willow ♡

Offline forkyfork

• Posts Too Much!
    • DANANI
Re: Poopy butt :( poor old lady
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2011, 12:04:22 PM »
Ive used hairball stuff on the fur to soften the poop so it comes off. It wont hurt her to clean off the small bit thats on there. The big chunks they spit out.  :-X  If you dont have hairball stuff you can use olive oil or cooking oil, you want something oily that they can eat.

Offline maesie

• Posts Too Much!
  • 100% Aussi
Re: Poopy butt :( poor old lady
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2011, 01:41:34 AM »
Can you get someone to help you? Get a towel and one person hold her as the other snips it off. Try and do when she's asleep or just woken up then she won't be quite as feisty.