Author Topic: Mice looking for a home: WI  (Read 2224 times)

Offline KatnRat

Mice looking for a home: WI
« on: December 18, 2011, 01:47:27 AM »
I adopted a mouse to keep my old lady mouse company and of course, she was pregnant. (surprise! ;) ) So now I have 10 cuddly babies. I'm going to keep a few of course, but 14 mice is a bit overwhelming for me so I'm hoping to find good homes for some of them. I haven't decided If I'm keeping the boys or a couple of the girls so at this point any of the babies are potentially available (and there are for sure girls available!).

The girls (4 agouti and white, 2 black and white):

The boys (3 black and white, 1 agouti and white):

Let me know if you're interested in any of these adorable babies! There will be a small adoption fee (which I will be donating to a local shelter) and new home interview just to make sure they are going to a good home.

rats: Kenny, Enrique, Harvey

Offline KatnRat

Re: Mice looking for a home: WI
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2011, 12:21:42 AM »
First pick on the boys has been reserved!

The babies are starting to blink! No eyes open yet, but we're getting close. The babies are starting to get "popcorn-y." I'm still handling them every day and they are responding very well so even though it's a large group I'm sure all of these babies are going to be wonderful and cuddly pets. :)

Pictures coming soon!

Offline KatnRat

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2011, 08:00:25 PM »
Updated pictures from Wednesday!

The boys:

The girls:

And pictures from today:

WE HAVE OPEN EYES!  :hyper:

I'm handling the babies every day, so even though there are a lot of them they should have a good start on being socialized to be friendly pets. I have possible homes interested in three of them. That means there are at least 7 yet unspoken for if anyone is interested. :)

Offline applecavy

• Posts Too Much!
  • Think adoption first! :3
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2011, 12:11:47 AM »
When they were tiny babies did they make the same peeping noises that ratlets do?

Offline KatnRat

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2011, 11:46:24 AM »
When they were tiny babies did they make the same peeping noises that ratlets do?

They do! Isn't that the cutest noise? :)

Offline applecavy

• Posts Too Much!
  • Think adoption first! :3
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2011, 12:20:39 PM »
Yes, yes it is!
I love the baby "bird" noises.  :)

Offline RachsRatties

• Posts Too Much!
  • Be a hero. Adopt a Rat!
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2011, 06:13:32 PM »
I really really wish I wasn't so far away, I would certainly take a few girls from you! They are adorable little babies :heart:

Offline KatnRat

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2012, 12:22:24 AM »
I really really wish I wasn't so far away, I would certainly take a few girls from you! They are adorable little babies :heart:

Thanks. :)

Update!

Today the boys were separated from the girls. Look at what we have... a bit of angora!

Offline KatnRat

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2012, 07:46:50 PM »
A quick update:

The chocolate boy went to his new home! :) The remaining 2 boys are staying with me. :P

All the babies are just so adorable! I'm still planning on traveling up to the twin cities the first weekend in February to bring the two reserved girls to their new home (weather permitting... hopefully we won't get a surprise snowstorm that weekend!). If anyone else is interested, I can bring up some of the other girls for them that weekend as well. Any remaining mice after that date will stay here with me. :)