Author Topic: getting new ferrets soon cage recomendations please  (Read 2149 times)

Offline ss_liloutlawssilverfox

• I <3 my ratties!!
getting new ferrets soon cage recomendations please
« on: January 03, 2012, 10:39:14 PM »
I will soon (as in like a couple of months LOL) be getting a couple of ferrets and was wanting a few cage recomendations so feel free to post pictures of your cages or website links  ;D thanks for your responces

Offline crazy_anna

Re: getting new ferrets soon cage recomendations please
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2012, 04:44:41 PM »
Ferret Nation and Critter Nation are both good, you can also get nice cages from Martin's.  I personally built my own using a heavy duty shelving unit.  Ferrets actually seem to have the same 2 square foot per ferret recommendations that rats have but I personally don't agree with that unless the ferret is getting plenty of out-of-cage time everyday.  My ferrets get 5-8 hours out everyday and my cage is 6ftx4ftx2ft which I have five ferrets in.  You're going to love having the little fellas   :thumbsup2:

Offline *CARRIE*

• 2 kids and a menagerie :-)
    • Pics of my rats
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2012, 09:51:29 AM »
Get a cage that you will be able to reach every corner to clean.  They can be trained, but they will probably "go" in every corner. Make sure the cage is big enough. Mine are out most of the time but the cage is large for when they are in it.

Offline BreezyPitBull

• Rat Girl
    • Key to a Rat's Heart Rescue
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 08:46:02 PM »
Ferret Nations are great! I can fit my whole upper half in it to clean it, and I use litter boxes in the corners and towels as "bedding". I just buy a bunch of towels from Goodwill, tuck them under the trays in the FN, throw them in the washer when they get stinky, and reuse them until they are no longer re-usable. ;)
Here's a picture of mine...