Author Topic: Bunnies being killed in Utica NY  (Read 3259 times)

Offline JesB

• Posts Too Much!
Bunnies being killed in Utica NY
« on: January 29, 2012, 07:14:49 PM »
Alright ... so my gf knows some one who is killing off 17 (as of right now) rabbits in Utica NY with in the next 24 hours.

I have no idea of gender/age/breed.

However, this kid is posting pictures of it all over facebook ... he wants $20 a rabbit ... contact me if you can help at all ...

:help: :help: :help:

Offline Kikoh

• Posts Too Much!
Re: Bunnies being killed in Utica NY
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 08:17:23 PM »
I am not Upstate, I am down on Long Island, if transport could be arranged I could foster 1, I am at my animal limit but this sounds pretty dire...

Offline AnnieB

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 01:48:46 AM »
So this is a sort of '$20 or the bunny gets it?!' thing?

People can be such idiots.  I really think there should be tests before you can have kids or own pets.... *sigh*  (not really.. but sheesh!  >:( )

Good luck!

Offline JesB

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 02:43:19 AM »
Yea ... it's a no good situation ... I guess several of his friends called the cops/animal control on him ... I don't know what happened, if anything.  He was posting pictures of what he was doing to them and everything.  When people started complaining, he took them down.  However, my gf saved some of them ... and posted them on my wall from her phone for safe keeping ... Something will happen.

Offline AnnieB

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2012, 02:50:43 AM »
Yea ... it's a no good situation ... I guess several of his friends called the cops/animal control on him ... I don't know what happened, if anything.  He was posting pictures of what he was doing to them and everything. When people started complaining, he took them down.  However, my gf saved some of them ... and posted them on my wall from her phone for safe keeping ... Something will happen.

That is horrific! :( Jeez.. it was worse than I thought.

I hope someone does an intervention or keeps this person from being responsible for another living creature in future.

How awful!  :'(

Offline JesB

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2012, 02:56:00 AM »
Yea ... he seems a little ... not all there ... guess he's gotten in enough trouble that when she called the cops all she had to do was give them his name ... they knew right off the bat who it was ...   :doh:

Offline Rascalcat23

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2012, 08:36:49 PM »
Anything new?

Offline JesB

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2012, 05:51:10 AM »
I haven't received any sort of update.  I'm going to assume that he probably killed them all ... Hopefully he gets in some trouble for this ...

Offline Rascalcat23

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2012, 06:06:36 PM »
If he doesn't get into trouble then there's obviously something wrong with the government.

Offline Lace_and_Buttons

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2012, 06:31:44 PM »
If he doesn't get into trouble then there's obviously something wrong with the government.

Either way there's something (or should I say some things, or multiple things) wrong with this government.

That does sound like a horrible situation. I don't understand people that can do things like that to living creatures.
Taking care of animals is a full time, fulfilling duty, and I wouldn't have it any other way. AR Rescue and Sanctuary: http://www.facebook.com/pages/All-Rodents-AR-Rescue-and-Sanctuary/268227383214728

Offline smallpawsinthegarden

• Ritten
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2012, 10:24:00 PM »
I wish I lived near there I would totally take one in (sigh) this boy is so cruel! :puppy_dog_eyes: :'( :worry: :help:

Offline K Rat1417

• Posts Too Much!
    • K's Kritter Kreations
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2012, 01:34:39 AM »
Where the heck are this kids parents! Unless he's out on his own?