Author Topic: *MRR Center of Attention: Shawn and Zander (New England, NY, and NJ)*  (Read 473 times)

Offline ferretluver11697

• Posts Too Much!
Shawn and Zander are our Center of Attention at Mainely Rat Rescue! They have been with MRR for a long time and really deserve to go to a new home. Will you take them home with you?

Shawn and Zander are now living happily with Kerri Oki and Dusty Rhodes and would love to be taken home either all together or as girl and boy pairs. Shawn and Zander were part of an accidental litter that happened when a young girl took home some rats without her parent's permission. Before she could find homes for them, one of the girls had a litter. The owner's aunt wanted to make sure they found good homes and called MRR. Shawn and Zander are two amazing boys who have missed out of stability in their lives and are ready to settle down with a permanent family.

Their foster family describes Zander as more reserved than Shawn, but since adding the ladies he has really blossomed. The girls love to groom Zander, and Zander thinks that he has gone to rattie heaven! Zander loves playing with toys, but out of the cage he believes that it makes much more sense to wait for treats to come his way.

Zander with Dusty

Kerry is always the first to the cage door and following close behind is Shawn. Shawn has become known as the "big squish" and is definitely a two handed rat. Shawn loves being out of his cage and he loves to hang out on the couch, especially if there is a blanket. He also loves to run around, creating and discovering tunnels. Like Zander, he loves his yogis and will do anything to get one.

For more information on Shawn and Zander go to:
http://mainelyratrescue.org/rattieblog2/?p=779

It is definitely time for these boys to go to a loving home! Wouldn't you love to bring them home to make your Valentine's Day complete? The adoption fees will be waived for this group, but we would ask for a monetary donation of your choice since Shawn and Zander are neutered. For more information email us at adopt@mainelyratrescue.org or go to our website at http://mainelyratrescue.org/rattieblog2/

Offline BellaBooks

Re: *MRR Center of Attention: Shawn and Zander (New England, NY, and NJ)*
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 07:41:35 AM »

This is beautiful Kerry. She is always ready to come out of the cage and hang out. I take her out practically the moment I get home from work every single night. There's something about her unconditional love, showering of kisses, and pure joy of being alive that takes all of the work-stress away immediately. She's a special girl!

This is a pretty awesome foster group, and I'm sure that MRR is going to find them the perfect home!  :heart:

Offline MomRushlau

• Posts Too Much!
    • Mainely Rat Rescue, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 06:18:56 AM »
 :poke: We are still here, patiently waiting for the perfect forever family!   :heart:
Adoption and Foster Care Coordinator
mmrr.robin@gmail.com

Offline MomRushlau

• Posts Too Much!
    • Mainely Rat Rescue, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 08:19:09 AM »
Hmmm.....   We are SO sweet, just waiting for the right family to find us!
Adoption and Foster Care Coordinator
mmrr.robin@gmail.com

Offline ferretluver11697

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2012, 02:57:03 PM »
*bump*

Offline ferretluver11697

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2012, 10:21:31 AM »
*bump* These sweet boys would love to come home with you!

Offline BigBen

• Posts Too Much!
  • Rattos habeo, ergo sum
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2012, 10:44:18 AM »
Oh, Shawn and Zander were the pair that first drew me to MMR, but Robin felt that the ratties I ended up with would be better for a first-timer.  I would still love to take them, but eight ratties . . . !  Four keep me on my toes, as it is.  But still . . . maybe I could find a Critter Nation real cheap, and then Robin might let me have them!  (Oh, my GGMR is flaring up so bad!)
What is a rat?  King-sized love in a pint-sized package.
Rat Code:  6m2f22r !B C? D+ F S-- ocA reC sM a+++ e++++ n