Author Topic: I'm gonna get a bunneh.  (Read 6137 times)

Offline JesB

• Posts Too Much!
Re: I'm gonna get a bunneh.
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2012, 07:49:40 PM »
Leo is right around a year old right now ... what is considered 'teenage' years for rabbits?  He's never tried humping anything ... the worst thing he does is rub his face on the outside of his cage when he's out ... and on the rat cage.  lol

Offline CarrieD

• Posts Too Much!
    • Yale Road Adoptables
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2012, 08:04:33 PM »
Hormones kicked in with mine at about 5 months, so I'd say you're past it. lol That face rubbing is actually marking, though, too. Sounds like you have a very sweet boy. Even if you get another one that's a bit more aggressive, they might get along okay if your guy is willing to be number 2. If you go with a rescue, they may let you try one out to see if it will work.

Offline JesB

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2012, 09:00:46 PM »
That's a thought.  I don't know if we have any bunny rescues around.  Like I said, I'm not against neutering at all, I just want to at least check out the vets around here.

Offline CarrieD

• Posts Too Much!
    • Yale Road Adoptables
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2012, 09:21:53 PM »
Nope, not against it here, either, but I always weigh whether the risk of surgery to the little ones is worth it. If I have to, I do - if not, I don't.

Offline JessicasZooCrew

• My blog
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2012, 10:02:56 PM »
I would never put 2 unaltered male rabbits together ever. Even keeping 2 unaltered females together can be a tad risky but can be done, if done carefully and at the right age. I'm not even sure I would put in an unaltered and altered male together.

Rabbits go through the teenage years from about 3-4 months until 9-10 months, depending on the rabbit.

None of my rabbits have ever "marked" their territory like a dog, but I have had experience with spraying. Does can be worse about spraying then bucks, and it could be a fear thing (I have 1 doe that will spray any man that walks by her, even my husband... just one of her quirks).

Alot of rabbit rescues will not adopt a second rabbit to you unless the first is fixed, but still contact them. If nothing else they can usually lead you to the best vet.

~~Jessica And Crew~~