Author Topic: Dakota's Sweet Dreams  (Read 24984 times)

Offline gullideth

• Posts Too Much!
    • Blind Melon Forum
Dakota's Sweet Dreams
« on: February 23, 2012, 07:54:18 PM »
Pre-Made Hammocks and sets available.  All Proceeds donated to Dakota's Dream Animal Rescue to help build our shelter.  The Hammocks will be good quality, I was a professional seamstress for 3 years with Unitog (uniforms, you may have seen my handiwork on a postal worker), and 1 year with a company sewing stretchers for the military.  I will also be adding cat beds to the store.  Keep checking back, new sets will be added every week.  Make sure to check the measurements, my first cubes were smaller than my more recent cubes.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/gullideth

Offline gullideth

• Posts Too Much!
    • Blind Melon Forum
Re: Dakota's Sweet Dreams
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 07:53:19 AM »
I just added a couple of unique cubes to the shop.  Our rescue got a donation of scrap fabric from a woman who makes costumes for fairs, plays, etc.  So I got some nice expensive fabric, Ill be making some cubes and stuff from them, and once they are gone....they are gone.  Ill be adding to the shop as I finish them.

Here are some pictures of some of the stuff in the shop.

I love this cube!  It says Mr. Tickle right above the entrance and it makes me laugh...

Remember, all proceeds are for Dakota's Dream Animal Rescue!  We are raising money for our shelter project.  We have our land donated and our modular building ready for delivery.  (we just need to pay for the building)

Offline gullideth

• Posts Too Much!
    • Blind Melon Forum
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 09:10:53 AM »
Enter Coupon Code:  TRYOURBEDS   for a 10% discount.  Promo will run all through March.

Offline gullideth

• Posts Too Much!
    • Blind Melon Forum
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 12:26:36 PM »
On Friday I will be pulling some of the sets from the Etsy site to sell in a local pet store, if you had your eye on anything now is the time to buy it.  I will be adding new items soon, just got some new fabric in. :)

Offline gullideth

• Posts Too Much!
    • Blind Melon Forum
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2012, 08:04:14 PM »
New set added, this one is probably my favorite.  Added a few more flats too.

I had enough fabric to make two of the green sets.

Remember...all proceeds go to Dakota's Dream Animal Rescue.  We are trying to raise money to build our shelter.

Offline KGriffith

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2012, 10:35:29 AM »
If you get something pink I would probably like to buy it (anything but hello Kitty and any pink and brown combo) I wear pink a lot and my girls are starting to go towards pink things (pillows blankets they go in the pink hut more than the blue)

Offline gullideth

• Posts Too Much!
    • Blind Melon Forum
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2012, 05:06:11 PM »
I have a gorgeous pink diva set on the etsy site, the lining is very snuggly on that one.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/93718083/diva-hammock-set

I also just got some really cute pink material, I have cupcakes, Little Miss, and some other patterns with pink.

Offline gullideth

• Posts Too Much!
    • Blind Melon Forum
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2012, 08:18:51 PM »
Just added!

This set has a nice big tube!

Offline KGriffith

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2012, 08:24:35 PM »
Does it come with clips and such (I'm a newbie to rats) I made a temp hammock and the girls don't like it... Maybe because unstable?

Offline gullideth

• Posts Too Much!
    • Blind Melon Forum
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2012, 08:39:23 PM »
I have ribbon loops on them, some people have different preferences with clips, so I usually don't include them. 
However, if you send me a note on an order, I can include clips.  I have the big silver shower hooks, small lanyard clips, and binder clips that all work well.

I prefer the small lanyard clips for my martins because the bar spacing is tight. 

Offline KGriffith

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2012, 09:13:17 PM »
How much and do all rats like them?

Offline gullideth

• Posts Too Much!
    • Blind Melon Forum
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2012, 12:30:40 AM »
My prices vary...  This particular set is 20.00 and is listed on my Etsy shop.  Most of my hammock sets are less than 20.00.  The proceeds are donated to Dakota's Dream Animal Rescue.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/gullideth

I find that most rats LOVE hammocks.  I fostered some boys once, and I was warned that they didn't like hammocks.  Within a week they were all snuggled into the cubes together.  I have a foster rat now who never saw a hammock before, he is an older rat too. He didn't trust the hanging beds, so I started by placing a cube bed in the bottom of the cage.  He loved sleeping in the cube, and after a week of it on the bottom of the cage, I hung the cube up and he started using it.

I never met a rat that didn't like some sort of hammock or bed.

Offline KGriffith

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2012, 01:13:42 AM »
Do you have pink zebra print? (odd I know) pink cucakes sounds cute. Too p

Offline gullideth

• Posts Too Much!
    • Blind Melon Forum
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2012, 11:03:48 AM »
Do you have pink zebra print? (odd I know) pink cucakes sounds cute. Too p

What a funny coincidence, I found some pink zebra print yesterday!  Just enough for a hammock set. I also picked up some really awesome realistic zebra stripes on sale.  Here is some fabric I have available.  Let me know if you like any of them and I can work something out.

I am always on the hunt for cute fabric.  Since the proceeds go to our rescue our budget is limited on buying fabric, I am always in the remnants bins or waiting for a good sale. So what I have is pretty limited, and once it's gone it's usually gone.

I will post some more fabrics...I think we have a ten photo limit in threads.

Offline gullideth

• Posts Too Much!
    • Blind Melon Forum
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2012, 11:05:03 AM »
This one is so adorable...I can't wait to make a set out of this!

One more with pink...

« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 11:06:53 AM by gullideth »

Offline KGriffith

« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2012, 11:30:49 AM »
Pink zebra looks great id love that (with black if you need a second color) can you give me a guess price and shipping (I'm in fl)

Offline gullideth

• Posts Too Much!
    • Blind Melon Forum
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2012, 11:50:42 AM »
Pink zebra looks great id love that (with black if you need a second color) can you give me a guess price and shipping (I'm in fl)

What kind of hammocks would you like?

Small cubes (5 inch)- fits one large rat $6.00 (sometimes my large male and baby get in together)
Large Cubes 7 inch- fits 2 large or 3 medium sized rats- $8.00
Small Flat Hammocks- 5.00
Large Flat Hammocks- 7.00
Double Hammocks- regular- $8.00
Double Hammock- XX- 10.00

I also do tubes and hanging pouches...I don't have a standard size or price for them yet...but depending on size they would run between 6.00 and 8.00 each.  I haven't done any custom orders yet, everything so far has been pre-made and I price them after they are put together.

This is a price estimate...and I usually take a couple bucks off for a set of three or more.

Shipping depends on how much you order.  On my etsy site I charge 5.00 shipping for a hammock set. For just one hammock I charge 1.50, and for just a cube it's 3.00.  I do give a break with combined shipping.

Offline KGriffith

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2012, 02:29:29 PM »
wow uhm hm I'm not sure wahat each looks like

Offline gullideth

• Posts Too Much!
    • Blind Melon Forum
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2012, 04:39:57 PM »
wow uhm hm I'm not sure wahat each looks like

I took some pictures using an old cage I use for fosters (which is empty right now) and a life-sized robot rat toy.  Hopefully this will help demonstrate how they look when in use.

I also picked up some more pink zebra fabric today, this one is a flannel...you might like it better than the cotton. 

This is a Large Flat Hammock...3 of my boys can fit on one easy.

Here is an example of a hanging pocket, this is a small one, I can make them larger...I just wanted you to get an idea of how it worked.

This is a HUGE tube I just made...again, just so you get the idea.  I can make them smaller, without or with peek a boo holes.

Here is a cube hung up.

Here is a double decker hammock, they can sleep on top or on the bottom, my boys love these.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 04:42:01 PM by gullideth »

Offline gullideth

• Posts Too Much!
    • Blind Melon Forum
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2012, 04:44:41 PM »
I just got these fabrics today...

Flannel

Cotton

« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 04:47:08 PM by gullideth »

Offline KGriffith

« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2012, 10:53:13 PM »
The pink zebra fabrics have my heart as wekk as the owld (not sure why) Can I order a Double hammock, a large cube, and a small flat? Whats the price for those?

Offline gullideth

• Posts Too Much!
    • Blind Melon Forum
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2012, 08:05:24 AM »
The pink zebra fabrics have my heart as wekk as the owld (not sure why) Can I order a Double hammock, a large cube, and a small flat? Whats the price for those?

Did you want a set in each fabric or just one set?

I can  do the Large Cube, Double, and Small Flat for 23.00 with shipping included.

Offline KGriffith

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2012, 12:07:45 PM »
I want one set. The zebra if you have enough and if bot use some owl. How shall I pay you

Offline gullideth

• Posts Too Much!
    • Blind Melon Forum
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2012, 12:23:25 PM »
I accept pay-pal, or will take a check or money order.  The items will ship with a tracking number as soon as payment is received.  Your set should be finished tonight or tomorrow.

my pay-pal is gullideth@hotmail.com

Did you like the teal colored owl print or the owl with a black background?

I have plenty of pink zebra fabric to do the whole set in. 

Offline gullideth

• Posts Too Much!
    • Blind Melon Forum
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2012, 08:01:03 PM »
The set is ready, here is a picture of it.