Author Topic: what would your cat do?  (Read 4043 times)

Offline rlynn1025

• rawr! >;3
what would your cat do?
« on: February 28, 2012, 09:42:10 PM »
Today I watched Garbage cautiously inspect my bags I brought home for shopping for stuff for my new job. And I couldn't help but wonder what she would buy? She would definitely come home with a mouse with feathers for a tail. And maybe a couple of crickets because they are her friends. Maybe a new blanket too. I'm not sure!

My question to you is:what would your kitty buy if he/she got to go shopping? Whether at the pet store or the grocery store or forever 21?!  :)
"Son, life just ain't that hard."

Offline applecavy

• Posts Too Much!
  • Think adoption first! :3
Re: what would your cat do?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 09:54:11 PM »
Oscar would get food and chasing toys, Trinity would get hundreds of hairties (she plays fetch with them! There is a video of it on this part of the forum somewhere. Called...Fetch Cat? I think.)

Offline GhostMouse

• Posts Too Much!
  • Ghost, Mouse, and Buster. Together once again. <3
    • Rats. Rest well, sweet boys. <3
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 10:31:39 PM »
Cardboard boxes, definitely. And those fuzzy blankets that have been everywhere recently, Juno "nurses" on them.  ::) Figgy loves spaghetti with tomato sauce, so he'd probably grab the ingredients for that. Maya might want a new stereo to sleep on, or any toys she can chase. Oh and catnip, lots of catnip.

Offline Marybelle

• Magic Wizard of Everything
  • Global Moderator
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Weird, and proud of it!
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 10:38:30 PM »
The boys would buy catnip.  They'd all want Greenies!  Beaker would buy twist ties.  He LOVES to chase them around the house...

Isis would just be happy with the plastic bags it all came home in.   :yelcutelaugh:

Offline HowlsOfAngels

• Posts Too Much!
  • Did everything just taste purple for a second?
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 10:39:39 PM »
Because she's blind, I can only presume that her purchases would reflect that. She'd probably get some swat-able toys (with a tag or a bit of string to make noise), rattle balls, and catnip filled toys, along with plenty of cushy kitty beds and a cat tower so that she can hover over everyone. She frightens guests when she climbs to the back of the couch and 'watches' everyone.
"Optimus Prime says 'No,' to promiscuos sex." - Alex Murphy

Offline rlynn1025

• rawr! >;3
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2012, 11:14:44 PM »
Asses I love kitty people (: definitely entertaining answers. I forgot she would probably buy Mac n cheese. She LOVES the cheese and cat milk for sure. And the little rings that are under the caps on the milk! Thoseare her favorite!
"Son, life just ain't that hard."

Offline maesie

• Posts Too Much!
  • 100% Aussi
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2012, 12:16:43 AM »
Willow would buy a box of tampons. She loves hitting them around the house (unwrapped, still in plastic). She'd also get a bag of dog food, because it's so much yummier than her cat food... of course!!! She'd also get some ribbon, feathers and she'd bring it all home in paper bags or boxes.

Offline JustJessii

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2012, 02:12:28 AM »
DC would buy catnip, several soft fluffy pillows, a fuzzy blanket or two, and macaroni salad ingredients (my grandmother would have to make it, he only likes hers). Tricks would buy everything sparkly, ribbon, purina one (large breed), a million balls/mice/fun things to chase, and all the junkfood she could get, and top it all  off with a gallon of milk.

Offline binkyhoo

• Posts Too Much!
  • I Kissed a Rat
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2012, 03:17:59 PM »
If Binks went to the store she would come home with a paper bag.  :yelcutelaugh: She is an easy keeper!

Offline Dragonfly

• Posts Too Much!
  • I ME MINE
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2012, 03:40:29 PM »
Curry would sit back and watch the other kitties buy stuff hoping against hope that one of them would buy mommy and daddy a 12 pack so she can have the box with the little hole when they were done drinking it .

The rest would probably go for the cat nip and crickets.
Love the Creatures. Love the baby. Love the life.

Offline Rattilove

• Pick up a pencil, and write something today!
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2012, 12:07:36 PM »
Gussie would probably get that gigantic cat post that he's wanting!!!
http://www.fictionpress.com/u/828893/

writing rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Offline Winterlest

• A balanced person has a rat on each shoulder.
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2012, 08:40:14 AM »
Cece would definitely buy all the cat food she can carry back home and some tuna. Also she would probably get cardboard boxes and fill them with chasing toys.
Mommy to:
1 cat - Cece
1 rat - Nino

Bridge rats: Oscar, Boo, Maurice, Moe, Rodney, Marley, Remy and Nestle. I'll keep you forever in my heart <3

Offline MiserySmith

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2012, 08:54:41 AM »
Waffle would like a ball, or some kind of hanging toy. And probably a bed, seeing as he always steals the bunny's bed.

Batman would want EVERYTHING. Show her the toys, and she'd lose it. She's my little derp. Anything shiny, or hitable is batted around. She's also probably want a plastic grocery bag as she likes nothing more than to chew on them :doh:
"The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?"-
Edgar Allan Poe

Offline gloom

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2012, 01:03:43 AM »
Daisy would buy yarn...lots of yarn. Wobbles wouldn't get to buy anything because he would crawl into someones shopping bag to play and be carried away, and Whiskers would buy out the toy section plus she would want beef jerky.

Offline Rzrwyre

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2012, 01:52:19 AM »
"Cat fishing" toys.

Lazer toys.

Those phoney mice made of I think rabbit fur (but I pull out the plastic eyes)

Some love the various balls but make sure they can't eat anything in them.

Offline Rzrwyre

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2012, 07:03:22 PM »
Also...a whole lot of cats really do like some of the "beds" they make.  I always wash mine first so no obvious chemical issues.  My grrly's favorite was kind of shaped like a baby thingie...deep and had one end that came up high so she could really curl up in it.  I went YEARS thinking that they weird places they slept and snuggled were just fine for them, but they really liked the beds!
- Raaz.

Offline Lovely Rita

• Ritten
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2012, 04:13:08 PM »
My cat would buy food, food, and more food. She's such a little piggy!
Proud furMom of:
Zeppelin (Rottweiler/Lab mix)
Bueller (Calico/Tortie mix)
Lucy (Dumbo rat)
Prudence (Dumbo rat)

Offline Rzrwyre

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2012, 06:45:26 PM »
But cardboard boxes and paper grocery bags ALWAYS do the trick, too. 

I'd get medium sized boxes and cut a cat sized entrance and then a couple of smaller (paw) sized holes and my otherwise mellow boy would become his viscious beastie!

People would see my apartment and just thought I'd left it a mess (which...well...it often is) but THOSE were THEIR toys!

The the boxes are otherwise intact (retaped) and really the right size and sturdy, they'll even go from one level to the other (my max three).  They give out evenemtually, but:

One time I finally bought my kitties' dream "kitty tree," locally make from old (and well cured) driftwood and all the good stuff.  Boy just lived to climb to the top and attack me now and then and girl kitty was actually, I found out, too clumbsy to negotiate it!   (It was lets say as much a decent car payment!)

So, the cheap stuff.  And the rabbit fur mice with their eyes removed for safety.  (I know, I feel guilty) all go!

;D  - Raaz.

Offline binkyhoo

• Posts Too Much!
  • I Kissed a Rat
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2012, 09:41:34 PM »
I used to have the rabbit fur mice toys for the Kitty. I got rid of them too. Other than the  Yuck factor, I did not want the  cat to focus on small furry things after I got the rats. A good decision.

Offline Rzrwyre

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2012, 01:07:37 AM »
I used to have the rabbit fur mice toys for the Kitty. I got rid of them too. Other than the  Yuck factor, I did not want the  cat to focus on small furry things after I got the rats. A good decision.

My kitties were mousers from the start, so the little fuzzy things they'd always be fascinated with.  I had to be careful when I had baby rats as they sort of fit the look of mice, but after they'd get bigger, the cats knew the difference, not that I'd really just let them all romp together unattended.  The fascination was gone, though.  - Raaz.