Author Topic: The Ghostmouse Mischief Thread  (Read 14005 times)

Offline GhostMouse

• Posts Too Much!
  • Ghost, Mouse, and Buster. Together once again. <3
    • Rats. Rest well, sweet boys. <3
The Ghostmouse Mischief Thread
« on: March 03, 2012, 09:21:50 PM »
I figured it's finally time that my boys have a thread of their own.

First we have Ghost. He's what I call my "little alpha," he weighs a little over half what his cagemates do, and yet he bosses them around and, as far as I can tell, has always been the alpha.

Here he is eating a strawberry.

And spinach.

He's also my champion veggie-fisher. Here he is with some carrots.

And here he is in alpha-mode, showing poor Buster who's boss.

Next we have Mouse. He's my scaredy-rat. He's not afraid of people, specifically; rather, it's more a general fear of sound and movement. He's also very submissive to both his cagemates.

He loves carrots.

And spreading spinach across the bathroom floor.

He's also fond of extreme closeups.

Here's his usual scaredy-face.

Finally, we have Buster, who I actually found on this forum. He was about 12 months old when I got him (which puts him at about 18 months now). He loves to arrange his cage and to stash food. One of his favorite things in the world is for me to hold the recently filled food dish for him, while he grabs as many pieces of food as he can and runs to stash them. I've seen him get two or three lab blocks in one go before. He also is the most cuddly of my three, although he's usually too busy exploring to settle down. He is always ready to get out of the cage.

As far as I'm aware, Buster never lived with other rats until I got him. It took some time and patience, but eventually he learned how to get along with other rats, and Ghost and Mouse learned that he wasn't a threat. Now you'd never know they'd ever been apart.

With his buddies.

Obligatory spinach picture.

Stealing the popcorn.

He absolutely melts when you pat him. (Sorry for the terrible quality, but it was too cute not to post.)

So, there are the boys!

Offline Chaosbadgerling

• Posts Too Much!
  • Currently ratless
    • Aywas
Re: The Ghostmouse Mischief Thread
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 09:45:55 PM »
awwwws.  Cute boys.  I  :heart: your black hoodie so bad.

Offline coeurfragile

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 09:53:43 PM »
What a cute crew! :)
Owned by three kittehs (Raja, Adrian and Audrina), and two pups (Sunny and John). Currently on a break from ratties.

Offline RattusNorvegicus

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2012, 11:44:48 AM »
Such mushy boys, I want to rat-nap them all! I'm not good with putting my feelings into comments, but I really do enjoy seeing them, and I really look forward to updates.  :heart:

Offline K Rat1417

• Posts Too Much!
    • K's Kritter Kreations
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2012, 12:59:56 PM »
Oh they're adorable.  :heart: Mouse  :BlueDumboBigEyes:

Offline critterchic

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2012, 09:59:18 PM »
Cute boys!
"This is the beginning of a new day.You have been given this day to use as you will. What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it.When tomorrow comes,this day will be gone forever; in it's place is something that you have left behind, let it be something good."

Offline GhostMouse

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2012, 08:33:53 AM »
Thanks everyone!  ;D  I got some new pictures last night during playtime, I just have to sort through them to find the in-focus ones. Or at least the ones with more than a tail in the frame.... I swear they sit still and cute until I'm just about to take a picture, and then immediately bolt just before I press the button.

Offline piccologurl86

• I don't own r-a-t-s, I own s-t-a-r-s!
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2012, 09:38:45 AM »
I think the run away is due to the thought process of......
We are cute, lets act cute and make mommy love us........
Ok acting cute gets us treats and more time out of the cage......
Keep it up, soon we will have everything we need to take over the world ........
Hey check out that expensive looking thing.....
OH NO!!!!! That is the thing with the evil flashy thingy .......
RUN, HIDE!
owned by: Trixie, Karnage, Jasper, Esme, Alice, Jane, Moki, Nibbles
at the bridge: Baby Girl, Shadow, Mary, Thereca

Offline binkyhoo

• Posts Too Much!
  • I Kissed a Rat
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2012, 12:31:52 PM »
Very sweet rattums.

I have a new gal who I have been calling 'Ghostmouse', which I am sure snuck into my brain from reading your screen name. She is my first light colored rat.  :rattysmiley: I am trying to come up with something different, I don't want to plagiarize.  Hubby likes the name Angel, but I still call her Ghostie.  :yelcutelaugh:

Offline GhostMouse

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2012, 01:01:46 AM »
Haha, that's awesome Binkyhoo. I like the idea of having a rat named after me.  ;D  Seriously, feel free to call her that if you feel it suits her. I named my Ghost after a direwolf in G.R.R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire books, and I know I'm not the first to do so.

Offline Maltey

• Posts Too Much!
  • I'm gonna kiss that rat, that's what I'm gonna do
    • The Relaxed Rat
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2012, 08:29:05 AM »
I have a little alpha too! She's the second smallest and definitely half the size of the biggest, but she pins them down no trouble!

You have such a cute crew- I especially love Mouse  :BlueDumboBigEyes:
♥Courtney and the ever-growing mischief♥

My Blog!

Offline sampson2010

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2012, 02:55:34 PM »
They are soooo adorable!!  I am in love with Mouse! :heart:  But they are all cuties!
Crystal

Offline GhostMouse

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2012, 08:57:50 PM »
I didn't get many pictures this weekend, and the ones I did get were primarily of hammocks (check out the hammock making thread for those). However, I did re-introduce the Sputnik this weekend, and got this one of Ghost enjoying it.

Yes, that is Mouse underneath him. I guess they're comfy?  :yelcutelaugh:

Offline GhostMouse

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2012, 07:53:40 PM »
Got new pictures during my lunch break today. I caught Mouse sleeping like this...

He kept that foot up there the whole time, too. Well, at least until I couldn't resist any more and tried to rub his belly. Then he rolled over.   :(

Offline Maltey

• Posts Too Much!
  • I'm gonna kiss that rat, that's what I'm gonna do
    • The Relaxed Rat
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2012, 07:55:24 PM »
Mooooooooooouse  :heart:
♥Courtney and the ever-growing mischief♥

My Blog!

Offline ibinitch

• It's funnier in Enochian.
    • The Creative Owl
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2012, 10:39:09 PM »
Mooooooooooouse  :heart:

Diddo! He looks so fudging adorable :love10:
Bri, furmom to chihuhuas Princess & Daisy, rats Ruby & Piper & ferrets Penny, LD, Chester & Willow.
Rest Peacefully Maggie, Charlie, Minnie & Butters.
~ My Etsy Shop

Offline Kabbie

• Posts Too Much!
  • ibrux iboggle irat
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2012, 04:36:11 PM »
That pic of Mouse with his foot up is so stinkin' cute!!!!  I want to snorgle his belly and foot so bad! 

Offline coeurfragile

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2012, 12:05:41 AM »
That pic of Mouse with his foot up is so stinkin' cute!!!!  I want to snorgle his belly and foot so bad! 

Agreed!!
Owned by three kittehs (Raja, Adrian and Audrina), and two pups (Sunny and John). Currently on a break from ratties.

Offline GhostMouse

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2012, 12:04:09 AM »
Buster helped me fold the rat laundry this morning.

That's the best recent picture I have of him right now. I got a couple of good ones during yesterday's bathroom playtime, but my silly face is in them so my brother is going to clean them up before I post them, since he's good with picture-related stuffs.

He also had a really sweet moment during some one-on-one time this weekend. I was just going to let him run around the sofa while I played a video game. Usually he likes to run around on his own and just come check in with me occasionally, but this time he wouldn't leave me alone. He was absolutely bounding up and down the sofa, and then snuggling into my arm. I gave up playing games pretty quickly and he snuggled right up into my elbow and let me pat him. He'll usually tolerate this for a little while and melt a little bit, but this was the biggest rat-puddle I've ever seen. He was practically comatose, and he stayed there much longer than usual. When he did get back up to play, he kept running around like he was really excited. I mean, he usually acts pretty excited, but this was a level of excitement I've never seen from him before. It was absolutely adorable and I wish you all could have seen it.

Moving on, I found Ghost sleeping like this earlier. He looks happy, but I have no idea how his foot is comfortable like that.

I got a pretty cute shot during playtime, too.

And finally, we have Mouse, who once again steals the spotlight with his unfairly photogenic little face. I was really excited to see him using the run-about ball as a nest, even if he did shove all the fleece out first.

And here he is fishing for fresh spinach during playtime.

Offline Saphire

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2012, 02:32:03 AM »
Your rats are extremely cute! Mouse is sooooooo photogenic!! I love these pics! :heart:

Offline Kabbie

• Posts Too Much!
  • ibrux iboggle irat
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2012, 11:15:00 AM »
My boys like to "help out" with laundry, too.  lol.  I love the story about Buster wanting to snuggle...definite "aaawwwww" moment.  Sweet.

Offline GhostMouse

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2012, 05:00:54 PM »
It's about time I shared some new pictures!

First of all, I tried to get a nice group picture for World Rat Day. I really, really tried. This is the best I got with the nice background...

So I moved them to the basket we keep next to the sofa, and moved it away a bit. I was hoping that limiting them to a smaller space would help me get a picture without them running off in different directions. You can see how successful that was...

But then Buster decided he was done with the photoshoot, and...

Jumped!

He repeated it for me a few times while I tried to get a mid-air shot. My camera is too slow for that, but I did get a few more good pictures, and even a video.

The jump!

Bonus pictures:

A closeup of Mouse's cute face.

Mouse feets!

Offline abmama

• Posts Too Much!
  • Love my pests... oops, I mean pets :P
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2012, 05:04:12 PM »
Love these pics especially the last one ! Somebody was pooped ! :D
R.I.P. Margeurite, Shorty, Peach, Drusilla, Zeus,  Paco,Twitchy, Kirby, Ricky, Ticky, Tavi,  Alladin,  Chuchip, Jasper and Anoki <3

Offline RattusNorvegicus

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2012, 05:48:57 PM »
They's won't even hold still for treats?!  :yelcutelaugh: Cute pictures anyway!

And Buster. I just can't. I don't.

Offline GhostMouse

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2012, 05:56:53 PM »
Nope! They have to run away and block any view of the treat with their body, lest another rat see it and want to steal it. And sometimes Mouse gets too nervous to eat anything outside of the cage. I don't really know why. The only thing they will sit down and eat immediately is a Yogie, but I don't even have time to focus my camera before they've devoured it!

Speaking of Yogies, I forgot to include this story in my earlier post.

For those who missed my other thread, Buster recently had an abscess. It was yucky, but we were able to drain it and it's been healing nicely. I spray it with a saline solution twice a day, to keep it clean, and I give Buster a Yogie each time when we're done. Today, I made the mistake of opening the Yogie container on the counter next to him; he had his head in there so fast that I didn't have time to stop him! That little thief stole two before I got him out of there!  :yelcutelaugh: