Author Topic: Floo and the Fabulous Four  (Read 1982 times)

Offline BayouBird

• Singing that Bayou Song!
    • Bayou Bird Songs
Floo and the Fabulous Four
« on: March 08, 2012, 10:38:35 PM »
So I'm sure you all remember Floo, right?   We had hoped we'd get taxes done fast enough and get her to the vet quickly but it wasn't meant to be.  (Instead we got our tax return back on Tuesday and we got this surprise on Monday)

The hubby woke me up early Monday and said the words I'd been dreading.  You see, I'd been counting the days and we were officially past nine weeks, but I was holding my breath for an extra week just to be safe...

"Baby?  I think there's some strange squeaking noises under the bed..."

One moved mattress and box spring later...

**sigh**

I then began the emotional roller coaster, because kittens are sweet and adorable and just plain cute, but there's also frustration due to more mouths to feed and finding them good homes.  The arguments started in my head, mainly being mad at myself for bringing her in the apartment, but then that other side of my head reminded me that this means these guys will get loving homes and be well taken care of and won't be increasing the cat population in the parking lot.  Because the worst case scenario means any un-adopted kittens will go to the no-kill cat shelter that's about 30 miles away and Floo will be getting fixed after the kittens are weaned and she's dried up.

So I'm sure you all want to see the adorableness that are the kittens, right?   Here's some individual shots I got of them earlier today now that they're a bit "sturdier"

Girl #1 

Boy #1 

Girl #2

Boy #2 

Offline Marybelle

• Magic Wizard of Everything
  • Global Moderator
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Weird, and proud of it!
Re: Floo and the Fabulous Four
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 10:44:24 PM »
Beautiful mama, and beautiful babes!  I know it's not the best case scenario for you, but it certainly is for these little bubs. 

Offline BayouBird

• Bayou Bird Songs
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 10:49:26 PM »
DH and I are growing quite fond of the little brown tabby boy, but unless we move or win the lottery (preferably both and we'd have to start buying tickets) we'll be doing out best to find them good homes.  I'm trying to convince my brother to take one.  His wife has been hinting that she wants to get a cat for the girls to grow up with but they travel a lot and he's a bit resistant to taking one.  I'd rather him take his time about deciding than a few months down the road break his daughters heart because they have to rehome the cat.

Offline tfaetroutercrout

• flame and nayme *rb*
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2012, 09:40:45 PM »
how adorable! my cat had her kittens on tuesday, lol, we have 5 here tho, good luck in your search for homes, i will 2 lol.

Offline BayouBird

• Bayou Bird Songs
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2012, 10:24:36 PM »
I had a nice lovely post all ready to go and then the internet ate it... so instead I give you kittens who can't quite stand up yet xD

Part One -- http://youtu.be/f0QEFyM4fYE
and
Part Two -- http://youtu.be/OJ9F54jSUgk

Offline MiserySmith

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2012, 09:13:53 AM »
Aw, how cute. I love the brown stripey one, and Floo is very pretty.
"The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?"-
Edgar Allan Poe

Offline Rzrwyre

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2012, 11:00:04 PM »
I don't know quite how I missed this one.  Any updates?  (Sometimes it seems that older posts just sort of "pop up" here and there!)

(I did love how the precocious stripey one was like, "this is your head, I'll just walk on it!")

;D - Raaz.

Offline BayouBird

• Bayou Bird Songs
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2012, 11:46:55 PM »
Wow, completely forgot about this website for a while xD

Life has been a bit hectic and the answer is yes... we have updates.  Hubby finally bent and I got to keep the brown tabby boy.  Not to replace our baby we lost back in October, but my heart grew to fit another furry face.  Plus, Simon (as he's now known) claimed me, and as he reminds me daily (by running and "pouncing" on me) that he claimed me and not the other way around.

We did find a home for the other little boy (and Simon was neutered this past week) so the rush to rehome finally died.  We're going to try the no kill shelter that's about an hour away.  I'll try to get some new pictures up of them soon :)  It's hard to believe that they're 5 1/2 months old

Offline Rzrwyre

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2012, 10:35:40 PM »
Yeah, Simon's got to be practically a "teenager" by now!  Pics...of course.

- Raaz.