Author Topic: Emergency cat rehoming help needed in the Baltimore area!  (Read 844 times)

Offline Marybelle

• Magic Wizard of Everything
  • Global Moderator
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Weird, and proud of it!
Emergency cat rehoming help needed in the Baltimore area!
« on: April 22, 2012, 03:46:39 PM »

Got the story from a friend on another forum, and offered to post it here:

My niece has to find a home for 6 cats in the Baltimore area...immediately!

Long story but here's the Cliff notes:

My niece is hired to petsit 6 cats while their owner travels to Dallas for job training.

Cats' owner was expected to be away for 8 weeks and left only one bag of food and litter.

My niece also notices that the apartment has almost nothing in it but the cats.

Cat's owner texts her that he is being evicted from Baltimore home and will NOT be returning.

The eviction will be finalized any day and she has not been able to secure homes. The cats are already traumatized from their owner's disappearance.

The SPCA is the ONLY one that will take any of them and they can only take one each week as they have no room Horrible situation.

The contact info for the lady who is trying to rehome the cats is here:

Email * prancing_pooches @ yahoo.com  (take out the spaces to get it to work)

Facebook http://facebook.com/PlayLoveWag

If you can help, or know anyone who can, please contact her ASAP.  It looks like Monday is the last day she'll have to find a place, and she can't take them to her house due to allergies in her family....

Offline Marybelle

• Magic Wizard of Everything
  • Global Moderator
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Weird, and proud of it!
Re: Emergency cat rehoming help needed in the Baltimore area!
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 10:28:18 PM »
The landlord gave a bit of a reprieve, as she's worried about the kitties, too, so they're still looking for a home!

Offline AnnieB

• Posts Too Much!
Re: Emergency cat rehoming help needed in the Baltimore area!
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 01:51:41 AM »
How awful!  :(  Sending good thoughts to the kitties (and the responsible humans trying to find homes for them).

If they could only be mailed here, I'd take at least a couple  :heart: