Author Topic: All our kitties  (Read 2712 times)

Offline Kitsch Slapped

• Posts Too Much!
    • All About Rats
All our kitties
« on: March 25, 2012, 01:47:11 PM »
Here is our crew of cats.  :) (I usually only post in the rat section but I have ventured off into the other sections now lol)

I'll start off with Mama Kitty. She's the one rubbing her chin on the soda box. The Siamese-looking one. (The other 2 I will introduce later) I've had her since I was around 6 or 7 years old. As a kid I was always on the lookout for neighborhood cats to bring inside. Lol. Well one day I found her and we have just never parted. She's an old girl but still very feisty.  ;D

This is Dexter. One of our more recent rescued kitties. Found him outside living in the drainage holes under the road. Coaxed him over and found he had been declawed. Promptly quarantined him in our garage for a month and made him a vet appointment. He's a healthy cat except his kidney is on the small side and his 2nd eyelid is a little large/swollen. But he has become my little baby since we found him. He loves his tummy rubbed which I find very odd for a cat lol.

This is Simon, aka: Fat Cat. He was dropped off as a small kitten by a neighbor who said they were moving but they'd be back to get him... yeah, they never came back for him.  ::)  (They thought he was a girl cat. His name WAS "Chloe"...) He's a 20 pound sweetheart.

And this guy here is Oliver. One day when my mom was taking our other cats to the vet they asked her if she wanted another cat. They told us someone just dropped this cat off in their office, said he had been "squished", and walked out... The vet told us they were surprised he made it through his surgeries alive, but if they can't find him a home he might have to be put to sleep. Well my mom brought him home that day. Oliver has some problems with his back legs, he also can't meow from his accident, but he's a very very sweet cat. He doesn't much get a long with the other cats though, but he loves nothing more than our attention and some play time with a string.

This is Salem. He and his 2 brothers would roam the streets as teeny tiny little kittens. One day I saw some people grabbing the kittens by all 4 legs and swinging them in the air... We were only able to find 2 of the 3 kittens unfortunately. Salem came to our house and his brother, Bandit, went to my uncle's house. Salem is another one of my "baby" cats.

This is Sebastian. He was from the 2nd litter of kittens my cat Mama Kitty had. He's the biggest baby out of the lot but he is the alpha surprisingly. Lol.

Our latest additions include Princess and Chewy. They were given to us by our neighbor when she passed away... One day we got a phone call from our neighbor's daughter in law letting us know that she has passed away and she wondered if we wanted her cats. We of course said yes we would love to take the cats. And thats when the daughter in law told us of their plans to just put Chewy to sleep because he was "mean". My mom had practically begged the daughter in law to change their mind. That we wanted BOTH cats. There is no need to put to sleep a perfectly healthy cat. So what if he's a little grumpy? I told my mom maybe we should call the vet and ask the vet not to put him to sleep because we want him. So she called the vet and the vet was in agreement that he SHOULD be put to sleep! Well turns out our neighbor probably knew what her families plans were for her cat chewy and put it in her will that she wants us to have her cats. So Eventually we got them both. And let me just say, chewy is a loveable ball of fur. He has had no problems with anger or anything. And I am disgusted that a vet would put a perfectly healthy and fine animal to sleep.
Here is Princess

And Chewy (The black fluffy one. The orange fluffy one is Oliver.)

Not pictured is Sylvester. He is a grumpy old man cat who spends all his time in my grandma's bedroom under the covers. He's a sweety. He also came from Mama Kitties 1st litter of kittens.

Rattitude - Hammocks & Treats
rattitudehammocks.etsy.com
youtube.com/allaboutratschannel
facebook.com/allaboutrats

Offline Kitsch Slapped

• Posts Too Much!
    • All About Rats
Re: All our kitties
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012, 01:48:32 PM »
Here are some more pictures. :)

« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 01:50:37 PM by Kitsch Slapped »

Offline Kitsch Slapped

• Posts Too Much!
    • All About Rats
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012, 01:49:42 PM »

Offline Winterlest

• A balanced person has a rat on each shoulder.
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 08:42:20 AM »
All of your cats are gorgeous! Sebastian is my favorite with that big tummy :D
Mommy to:
1 cat - Cece
1 rat - Nino

Bridge rats: Oscar, Boo, Maurice, Moe, Rodney, Marley, Remy and Nestle. I'll keep you forever in my heart <3

Offline MiserySmith

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2012, 08:49:42 AM »
Omg! I love your cats, they're all so so so gorgeous.

This is my favourite, kitty snuggles are the cutest.
"The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?"-
Edgar Allan Poe

Offline LeroysMama

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2012, 11:32:53 AM »
Your Mama cat seems to be an almost perfectly marked specimen of the Snowshoe breed. Very pretty :D

Offline Maltey

• Posts Too Much!
  • I'm gonna kiss that rat, that's what I'm gonna do
    • The Relaxed Rat
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2012, 02:49:13 PM »

You have a -ton- of cats! I love this picture though- it looks like he just had a big meal :yelcutelaugh:
♥Courtney and the ever-growing mischief♥

My Blog!

Offline gramma2jaakk

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2012, 05:22:03 PM »
Such pretty kitties!!!

Offline Garavar

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2012, 07:06:25 PM »
All of your kitties are adorable! And I just have to ask-- How much cat hair do you have on your couch??  :o
I only ever have one or two cats at a time and our couch was ALWAYS covered in little fur hairs...

Offline AnnieB

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2012, 01:55:56 AM »
All of your kitties are adorable! And I just have to ask-- How much cat hair do you have on your couch??  :o
I only ever have one or two cats at a time and our couch was ALWAYS covered in little fur hairs...

I always tell people 'that's why it's called FURniture, duh!'  :yelcutelaugh:

Offline Kitsch Slapped

• Posts Too Much!
    • All About Rats
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2012, 02:21:25 PM »
Thanks everyone :D

Our couch surprisingling doesn't get much cat hair on it, however our chair that matches our couch can get MOUNDS of hair on it  :yelcutelaugh: I think it's because no one sits on the chair except the cats so everyday when we sit on the couch our clothes help pick up all the hair  :yelcutelaugh:

Offline Kitsch Slapped

• Posts Too Much!
    • All About Rats
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2012, 11:41:12 AM »
We rescue animals and re home them. :)

Offline missamy

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2012, 02:06:24 AM »
This is Simon, aka: Fat Cat. He was dropped off as a small kitten by a neighbor who said they were moving but they'd be back to get him... yeah, they never came back for him.  ::)  (They thought he was a girl cat. His name WAS "Chloe"...) He's a 20 pound sweetheart.

I *love* this picture!!  One of my kittie, Norman, is a 17-18 pounder and he loves to lay like that too.  ALL of your kitties are so adorable!
I am only one, but I am still one.  I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.  - Edward Everett Hale