Author Topic: My precious Emerald  (Read 1765 times)

Offline Kitsch Slapped

• Posts Too Much!
    • All About Rats
My precious Emerald
« on: March 25, 2012, 02:24:19 PM »
Let me see if I can type this without crying too much...
Well, this is Emerald. She was one of the two ferrets I had. The other ferret was her mate and his name was Cinnamon. These pictures were taken after Cinnamon died so I unfortunately do not have any of him.  :'(
At some point during my childhood I wanted a ferret. I don't know why I wanted one or how I learned about them, but I did. And I begged my mom for one. She told me I could get one if I made straight A's on my next report card. (Let me tell you that I was usually a C student back then so I'm sure she wasn't too worried about having to get my a ferret) Next report card came in the mail and I had straight A's! How I did it I will never know. So I found Emerald and Cinnamon soon after.
We had a lot of fun together, until about a year, maybe 2 later Cinnamon started to get very sick. He was getting thinner, not being able to control his bowels, or move around too well either. We took him to the vet and found that his liver/kidney was failing, but if we thought he was happy at home, we could just go ahead and keep him, or if we thought he was suffering too much we could have him put to sleep. We took him back home until we thought it was time...  :'(
Emerald lived by herself after Cinnamon passed. And a couple years later Emerald went down the same road as Cinnamon did. Liver/kidney failure... This was an extremely hard thing to watch happen to them. Extremely hard... And I will never ever have any more ferrets because of what happened to them both. I can't look at another ferret without seeing my Emerald and Cinnamon and just crying. They weren't like a dog or a cat. We have had cats and dogs who have passed, but we were always able to take in more without me being reminded of my old dog or cat. But my ferrets were different and I don't think I'll ever get over their passing.

Rattitude - Hammocks & Treats
rattitudehammocks.etsy.com
youtube.com/allaboutratschannel
facebook.com/allaboutrats

Offline Hammocks and Hideouts

• The Little Red Ladybug
Re: My precious Emerald
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 01:44:57 AM »
lol I love the last couple photos.
Aimee @ www.TheLittleRedLadyBug.com
Quality Cage Sets and more!
Serving the exotic pet community safe affordable  bedding since 2005!

Offline NuclearMuse23

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 06:38:51 AM »
She's beautiful. :) I love her face. I'm very sorry about them, though. Losing a pet is very sad. :( When my dog died 7 years ago I cried every night for like a week.  :puppy_dog_eyes:
Girls: Opal, Olivia, Vivi, & Dot (RIP Izzie)
Boys: Ziggy, Stubby, & Jast

Fosters: Oscar & Felix

Offline ohhaiimeg

• <3
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2012, 03:36:22 AM »
so beautiful!
sorry for what happened. losing a beloved pet is NEVER easy!

Offline Brearune

• Foster Rattie Mum
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2012, 12:44:38 PM »
the last few photos are so precious! I felt that way as well about my previous rats, Sootie and Monkey. I ended up volunteering as a foster for MRR 5 years later, and it has really helped me. I think that maybe, once I've done this fostering for a bit, I might take on some ratties of my own! And continue fostering, because I'm loving it <3 I think finally the 'pain' is gone, and only the good memories remain. I hope you can find that peace. Good luck
Current Fosters: Serenity and her 'firefly' litter of 9
Past Fosters: Basin, Gulley
RIP: Sootie, Monkey

~Bree~