Author Topic: Aggressive female mouse...  (Read 1176 times)

Offline tailfirst

Aggressive female mouse...
« on: March 30, 2012, 01:07:31 PM »
I work at my local humane society and we had gotten a female mouse in, which has bitten everyone who trys to examine it.  I've been asked to foster her until she calms down.  Would getting another female mouse that is well socialized help her out?  Or just stick with her for now?

Offline Stacy M

• Posts Too Much!
  • Missy always in my <3
Re: Aggressive female mouse...
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2012, 11:06:27 PM »
Mice are very social.  I'm not as familiar with them as rats but I know social animals become neurotic when kept alone so to me a friend sounds like a good idea.

Offline RattiesSix

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 10:24:05 PM »
There's a 99.9% chance that some mellow cagemates will help mellow her down. I usually go with trios. So maybe get a pair of young girls to introduce to her?

Offline MiserySmith

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2012, 12:20:24 PM »
My first rats were a timid/agressive pair. One was so bad it lunged at my hands when grabbing for their dishes, it would wake up from the sound of the top opening and be waiting. Her sister was super skittish and would nibble but not bite hard. She definitely was more comfortable with her evil sister around. When I had them out of their tank for cleaning they'd be in two seperate container things and the shy girl was definitely worse by herself.
"The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?"-
Edgar Allan Poe