Author Topic: After Whiskey and Bailey, meet Koda, our newest angora baby just adopted !  (Read 2181 times)

Offline Dynamisa

Here he is, our new little ball of fluff :love5: ! He is an angora ferret, and I just LOVE his puffy hair ! It's so soooft... :heart:. He is 10 weeks old, and still very clumsy, so cute !
Whiskey is being a good "teacher" and play friend, but Bailey is kind of aggressive so I don't let him with Koda yet (Bailey weights 2kg and is a big ferret, so until Koda can defend himself, I will keep him apart from Bailey).

Resting after the travel home from the animal shelter :

Asleep :

With Whiskey :

Offline Jourdaine

Ahh he's so cute!! :hyper: Especially the last photo with the size comparison! I've always wanted ferrets and now I'm obsessing over angora. Another thing to beg the S.O. for! :thumbsup2:
RIP Magenta 07/30/12
RIP Gypsy 06/28/12 <3

Offline Dynamisa

Ahh he's so cute!! :hyper: Especially the last photo with the size comparison! I've always wanted ferrets and now I'm obsessing over angora. Another thing to beg the S.O. for! :thumbsup2:

Thanks Jourdaine ;D !! I must say that I really :heart: his long soft hair ^^ ! And funny that you should talk about the size comparison, because since I posted those pictures, he has doubled his size and weights :rattysmiley: ! He weights now 1kg and is almost the same size as Whiskey ! But you see that he is still a baby, one ball full of energy, jumping around all the time :yelcutelaugh: !

Here some new pictures to give you an idea :
- Whiskey & Koda

- Koda trying to reach our cat, Akira (good luck with that ^^)

Offline Jourdaine

Oh wow, he got big really fast. He looks so happy and healthy. :) You can definitely tell he's still a baby, regardless. It looks like he has the "baby fur/hair" that puppies and kittens get, but I'm not sure if that's the angora or what, lol. These pictures just aren't helping me with wanting ferrets. The boyfriend doesn't like them because a friend's ferret was a biter and also kept stealing socks off of his feet. :laughing11:
RIP Magenta 07/30/12
RIP Gypsy 06/28/12 <3

Offline Dynamisa

For the hair, I think it's still his baby fur indeed. I saw an adult Angora at the shelter (he was from the owner of the shelter), and the hair was longer and a bit thicker. So I guess he still has to grow haha :yelcutelaugh: ! I understand your boyfriend, mine is like that too. But it's ok for him since I am the one who is playing with them everyday, taking care of them, etc... He enjoys them but more from a distance ;D. He never had animals before so he is a bit scared I guess..  And for the socks : it seems like ferrets LOVE men feet ! :doh: