Author Topic: Moneypenny & Company (Image HEAVY)  (Read 1972 times)

Offline Lizz

• My apartment has rats!
Moneypenny & Company (Image HEAVY)
« on: April 05, 2012, 11:21:23 AM »
I think it's about time my girl got her own thread.  ;) Moneypenny came to me from a friend who found her dumpster-diving in our apartment complex. She had stitches from her spay when she was found, and after about a month of trying to locate her owners I ended up adopting her myself (or rather, she adopted me). Penny is a rotund gal with the personality of two cats and the vocal cords of three. Cuddling, talking, and eating are by far her favorite activities. She is a DSH white mitted ticked torbie and sometimes I think she uses her good looks to manipulate me into getting what she wants.  ::) Soon she will be joined by a roommate (tomorrow!  :hyper: ) but for now this thread is just for her. She turns 2 on July 4. And now, the flood of pictures:

Mom/Servant to:
1 cat (Moneypenny)

Offline Marybelle

• Magic Wizard of Everything
  • Global Moderator
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Weird, and proud of it!
Re: Moneypenny & Company (Image HEAVY)
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 11:35:42 AM »
She's beautiful!

Offline tfaetroutercrout

• flame and nayme *rb*
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 11:56:29 AM »
LOL, so cute! does she really enjoy car rides? my chester doesn't mind cars, but I've never tried to take him anywhere. Looks like such a baby :)

Offline Lizz

• My apartment has rats!
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012, 12:02:32 PM »
Thanks!  ;D Yes, she loves riding in the car, as long as she's out of her carrier (she has a phobia of being confined, I suspect it has something to do with how she ended up as a stray). I make the 8 hour trip to New Jersey a few times a year and she rides either where she is in the picture or in my lap for the entire trip.  :)
Mom/Servant to:
1 cat (Moneypenny)

Offline abmama

• Posts Too Much!
  • Love my pests... oops, I mean pets :P
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2012, 12:53:42 PM »
gorgeous kitty , looks like a big ball of luvin :)
R.I.P. Margeurite, Shorty, Peach, Drusilla, Zeus,  Paco,Twitchy, Kirby, Ricky, Ticky, Tavi,  Alladin,  Chuchip, Jasper and Anoki <3

Offline Lizz

• My apartment has rats!
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2012, 02:39:40 PM »
Thank you, and yeah she wrote the book on being a lap cat.  ;)
Mom/Servant to:
1 cat (Moneypenny)

Offline poppyP

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2012, 04:49:52 AM »
All she needs now is a friend called James Bond   :)

Offline Lizz

• My apartment has rats!
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2012, 10:54:08 AM »
Funny that you say that, the summer before I left for college we found a black and white tuxedo kitten in our garage. We kept him and named him James after 007.  ;) I'll have to see what fits but I'm thinking about naming her new friend Q.  :P
Mom/Servant to:
1 cat (Moneypenny)

Offline gramma2jaakk

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2012, 12:03:15 PM »
She is a very pretty kitty!  The pic taken in the car kinda threw me for a while, I had to keep looking at it to figure out what it was!!   :doh:

Offline Lizz

• My apartment has rats!
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2012, 12:30:45 PM »
That she is. And I can see how it would do that! I had to snap it really quick since we were at a stoplight.
Mom/Servant to:
1 cat (Moneypenny)

Offline Dynamisa

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2012, 07:29:03 AM »
Oooow, what is she pretty ! And she seems so cuddly :love5::heart:
I'm glad you adopted her, she looks like the happiest cat with you ;)

Offline applecavy

• Posts Too Much!
  • Think adoption first! :3
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2012, 12:02:31 PM »
What a looker! /swoon

It's possible that she was part of a TNR, which is why you never found her owners.
It's odd though, because usually vets won't preform those speuters on adoptable cats,
and it looks to me as though she makes an awesome pet!

Offline Lizz

• My apartment has rats!
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2012, 12:15:52 PM »
Oooow, what is she pretty ! And she seems so cuddly :love5::heart:
I'm glad you adopted her, she looks like the happiest cat with you ;)

Thanks! I spoil the heck outta her.  :) She's nearly always within 3 feet of me. My mom calls her the velcro-kitty.  :yelcutelaugh:

What a looker! /swoon

It's possible that she was part of a TNR, which is why you never found her owners.
It's odd though, because usually vets won't preform those speuters on adoptable cats,
and it looks to me as though she makes an awesome pet!

That's certainly possible! I never thought of that before, but there is a feral cat colony (and by colony I mean like 3 cats) who hang out here but are very skittish and not even remotely socialized -- trust me, I've tried to approach all of them since I volunteer at the SPCA. You're right though about usually only doing it on cats that are feral, and Penny is so outgoing and instantly befriends everyone she meets -- even vets! Sometimes she is iffy about being held (goes with the confinement thing) and her second trip to the vet he picked her up and held her out in front of him. I was so glad she didn't swipe at him! But she just sat there giving him this look like -_- please put me down now. But she still gives him head bumps and whatnot. I wish I had half her charm.  ;)
Mom/Servant to:
1 cat (Moneypenny)