Author Topic: The Trio's Home!  (Read 1875 times)

Offline KristyS

• Castle of my Heart
The Trio's Home!
« on: April 12, 2012, 02:54:03 PM »
I just cleaned out my mouse tank so I thought I'd show some updated pics :) I got the fleece ropes from MRR and they love them! Lately every night I turn over in bed and see them running through the tunnels like mad! And one of them just came back from my exotic, and no, she does not have an ear infection - she's just crazy! My poor PEW mouse runs in circles non-stop  :doh:
They're favorite house is the straw house.
I'm thinking about putting plastic mesh (I have a small amount on the side they love to climb) all over the four walls - from floor to ceiling - but I'm not sure if child-safe glue is safe (I've read it is on a mouse forum) for mice. And I'm also not sure if it's even possible  ??? I mean how would I go about glueing it to the glass? Or would tape be better? Any ideas?

The side view

Sky view

The front view
Thorn & Fat Foot
My love for all my other babies - I miss you all so dearly!

Offline RattusNorvegicus

• Posts Too Much!
Re: The Trio's Home!
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 07:16:29 PM »
That looks fun! Maybe you could just tape it? Is there pet safe tape?

Offline RattiesSix

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2012, 12:16:17 AM »
Tape isn't really safe. However, Elmer's Glue is safe for mice. But I would consider getting suction cups instead. They make them so you could put the end through the mesh and that way you can easily remove it and wash it, as well.

As for your mouse spinning in circles, there is a birth defect that displays like that. It's neurological, I believe. We saw it in the lab mice we had at school. It's inherited, I think. Aside from the circling, it doesn't really affect them.

Offline KristyS

• Castle of my Heart
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2012, 08:17:22 PM »
Updated! Instead of mesh walls, I added another level with a shelf and this which they love:

here's what the tank looks like now:
Thorn & Fat Foot
My love for all my other babies - I miss you all so dearly!

Offline ohhaiimeg

• <3
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2012, 02:08:36 AM »
Looks great!
Very cute meecers!