Author Topic: 60 Mice  (Read 1416 times)

Offline tailfirst

60 Mice
« on: May 06, 2012, 07:12:49 PM »
Hi,

I work at my local SPCA and we have a client that wants to surrender 60 mice.  I don't know sexes or temperments, I am assuming they're not very social, and just to be safe, I am going to say there are some pregnant females.

It is myself and another employee who handles small mammals. We've had 7 male mice (needed to be individually housed) sitting on our adoption floor for weeks on end now, but there are plans to have them sent to a vet tech school to be practiced with animal handling, then adopted by students if they wish.  The idea of 60 more isn't really going to work to well.  Space is very limited, not nearly enough space for 60, even if we were to group females, that still leaves males that will need to be individually housed.

Anyway I am going to speak with my supervisors this week to see if they are willing to let us help.  Us being online community.  Either though adoptions, trains/transports.  I am 99.9% sure that there will only be mice, no habitats, accessories, or food that would come with them.

Please PM me if you'd like to help.  I am in NE Ohio and if I can post our companies name I will do so, once I speak with my supervisors.

Offline tailfirst

Re: 60 Mice
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 04:39:23 PM »
*bump*

The Cleveland APL small mammal room is fill to the top with mice!  Below will be the link.  We're expecting more, so if you are able to adopt or know of others that want to as well, please consider us.  Not interested in mice?  We also have rats!  Please PM if you have any questions.  The adoption fee varies on what species we have, so I can't give you an exact number.  I can find out though.

http://clevelandapl.org/adoptions-smallfurries.htm