Author Topic: Our kitties....  (Read 3501 times)

Offline YorkieLove

Our kitties....
« on: May 19, 2012, 11:32:40 PM »
So I wanted to introduce all our little kitties.  I am much more of a dog person than a cat person so I thought.  My daughter had a cat lucky growing up but she passed away at the ripe ol age of 15.  We decided as a family that we would not get any more cats.  It wasn't much after losing Lucky that we were at the humane society looking at all the animals.  Well my daughter found this cat they called "cry baby" she was 2 years old and was a massive purrer and drooler.  As we were leaving my daughter was almost in tears saying since she wasn't a kitten she would end up being pts.  So of course her dad and I look at each other and she comes home with Baby.

Not too long after bringing her home we understood why they called her cry baby.  A couple of months after bringing Baby home i was at work and saw the most gorgeous picture of a little kitty.  It was a week away from my daughter's birthday so that is when we went and adopted Jasmine she was found with her siblings in an alley fighting over chicken bones starving to death.

Jasmine the day we brought her home:

About a year after that right before Christmas during a pretty nasty cold spell my daughter and I kept hearing kitten meows when we would go to get in the car.  She later discovered that we had a kitten living in one of our bushes out front with mommy.  She talked to us and we decided she would try and capture them so we could get them to a rescue where they could be fed and have warmth.  That afternoon she ended up catching the kitty but mommy was too fast and sly and got away.  She brought the tiny starving kitty into the house to warm and feed him.  He was the most gorgeous white kitty i have ever seen.  She put up an add on facebook with pictures to find him a home.  Unbeknownst to us she received several offers but was telling people that he had already found a home in hopes that she could end up keeping him.  Now my husband tolerates cats but that is about it but this little kitty knew which person to work on.  he would jump up on my husband and climb his way too his shoulder and just lay up there as my husband went about his daily doings.  Well it took just a day of this and sharing my husband's bowl of icecream with him at night before my husband named him henry Lee and he became a permanent part of our family.

Henry Lee a couple of days after we brought him in:

Henry & Winston playing which they still do to this day!!

Henry just a year later  :)

Sorry this turned into a novel and I left out so much already as it is.  We have learned that we are just as much a cat family as a dog family need the mixture i guess.  :hyper:

Offline MiserySmith

• Posts Too Much!
Re: Our kitties....
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, 07:58:07 AM »
What beautiful cats. I'm glad Henry changed your husbands mind. :3
"The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?"-
Edgar Allan Poe

Offline Marybelle

• Magic Wizard of Everything
  • Global Moderator
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Weird, and proud of it!
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2012, 06:35:02 PM »
Beautiful kitties!  :)

Offline applecavy

• Posts Too Much!
  • Think adoption first! :3
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2012, 09:15:15 PM »
No more cats!
Or 3 cats, totally the same thing.

Henry is stunning.

Offline Robinkwr

• Posts Too Much!
  • They all have my heart...
    • Robin's Hammocks
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2012, 01:12:36 AM »
Unbeknownst to us she received several offers but was telling people that he had already found a home in hopes that she could end up keeping him.

Well of course I would have done this. :yelcutelaugh: Did you think any "better" of me?  :cheeky:

I made a good choice though :BlueDumboSmileTongue: Didn't I?

Offline YorkieLove

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2012, 06:54:43 PM »
Unbeknownst to us she received several offers but was telling people that he had already found a home in hopes that she could end up keeping him.

Well of course I would have done this. :yelcutelaugh: Did you think any "better" of me?  :cheeky:

I made a good choice though :BlueDumboSmileTongue: Didn't I?

It was an awesome choice but I never knew you could be so sneaky  :yelcutelaugh:

Offline K Rat1417

• Posts Too Much!
    • K's Kritter Kreations
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2012, 07:03:05 PM »
Henry Lee is A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E (they all are but I'm partial to him  :cheeky:)

Offline Rzrwyre

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2012, 06:05:40 PM »
I ended up an unsupecting fan of tri-colors/torties/etc, too.  They are ALL gorgeous.

Unsuspecting people of awesome kitties.

And, yes, BTW, Henry is more than a little bit gorgeous!

You know they had (still do) the guest pets on TV looking for homes.  We needed another cat like a hole in the head, but this seal point siamese (applehead) was so insanely charming that my parents freaked out, took off work, and ran and applied for her ASAP.  On her way home, she stole our french fries.  (Not a good kitty food, but it was the late 70's!)

I love that, personally.

:D - Raaz.

Offline YorkieLove

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2012, 11:53:37 PM »
So i had to show off this picture of our poor baby.  She had a big mat right in the middle of her back that we could not get brushed out so we took her into the vet and they shaved her.  Robin was the one that dropped her off and they asked if she wanted just the mat shaved off or the "lion" cut and this is what my poor kitty looks like now  :o

:yelcutelaugh:

Offline MiserySmith

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2012, 06:50:34 AM »
Aww, every couple months my cat gets something in his tail that needs shaving off. They get so pathetic afterwards. Haha
He's probably pretty soft now though!
"The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?"-
Edgar Allan Poe

Offline applecavy

• Posts Too Much!
  • Think adoption first! :3
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2012, 01:33:58 PM »
That's ridiculous looking!
Iloveit.

Offline YorkieLove

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2012, 02:44:08 PM »
That's ridiculous looking!
Iloveit.

I so agree she looks so pathetic but she is so super soft now and once she quit pouting the first day she seems to feel so much better now  :cheeky:

Offline Marybelle

• Magic Wizard of Everything
  • Global Moderator
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Weird, and proud of it!
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2012, 09:17:07 PM »
We had a long haired cat get into burdocks once.  We had to shave him like that, except he only had a tiny tuft on his tail when we were done.  He spend the first couple days chasing the "thing stuck on his tail".  Once he caught it enough times and figure out it was attached, he would walk around with his tail straight up in the air like it was a flag! 

Your kitty is adorable with the lion cut!

Offline Rzrwyre

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2012, 06:47:25 AM »
Even our well cared for persian would have...days in the sink with the sprayer going and the occasional clippers coming out.

One does appreciate why cats have hair after that!  (But the hairless ones, while...oh so interesting...I've grown a fondness for).

My skinny boy with the floppy tummy, though, when he got shaved for a medical thing...that was just...oh, so not right!   :doh:

Your kitty is gorgeous even minus much of the hair!   ;D  - Raaz.

Offline Robinkwr

• Posts Too Much!
  • They all have my heart...
    • Robin's Hammocks
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2012, 01:02:20 PM »
Super cute afterwards but I felt bad getting it done! It had to be done... but a few days after being home, petting her tummy she'd cry and I couldn't figure out why. Well then I could feel bumps, hard bumps, so I looked and they didn't even *try* to avoid her nipples! They shaved most of them right off!!! How painful. It's been a couple weeks and they healed nicely... but WTH were they thinking?

I told a friend about it who took her rats in the same day for spays and they said the same thing. The vet saved off a couple of her ratties nipples and hers were red and swollen/scabby as well.

I mean... Why the heck wouldn't you avoid them? It would be easier, specially on the cat because she has a quarter size bald spot around them... But it was the vet techs that did it there and they aren't some of the nicest, by far.

Offline K Rat1417

• Posts Too Much!
    • K's Kritter Kreations
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2012, 03:40:58 PM »
They shaved most of her nipples off??? WTH were they thinking is right!  :mumum:

Offline MiserySmith

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2012, 04:27:27 PM »
WTF kind of person seriously does that? That's so disgusting to think they care that little. Hope she's feeling better soon ):
Edgar Allan Poe

Offline Rzrwyre

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2012, 11:10:45 PM »
Your friend who was shaved...is she a maine coon/mix?  Usually what gives it away to me is the medium length coat but with strong undercoat and a HUGE rack of whiskers!  (They can come in almost any color, BTW).

Oh, if someone shaved MY nipples off I'd have popped them in the nose!  Or at least filed a complaint.  (I'm really not the violent type!)

Hope your baby and all the family is well!

- Raaz.