Author Topic: Just back after a while...  (Read 1205 times)

Offline Rzrwyre

• Posts Too Much!
Just back after a while...
« on: May 19, 2012, 11:42:49 PM »
Hi!

Health has not treated me well.  But I'm back!

This is silly (as are many posts  ;D) but wow.

My really bad/good grrly is now 15.  Has a few not emergent health issues.  BUT.  Yes, her name is Tsipporah (Zipoorah more or less depending on who you ask!) 

Got nicknamed "Zippy" from her grandma (my mom) immediately.  I had to sleep with a box with ankle holes cut out in them for at least a year or so.  I just call her my "bad grrly."  Some kitties have sharper nails than others.  LIKE NEEDLES.

Yes, she's a gorgeous tortie.  I admit that 15 years ago (while having a calico, GORGEOUS, as a kid, I didn't know torties and calicos were insane!)

I'm so proud of her, though.  She sleeps more than she used to.  Walks ON every last body part that could hurt (and jumps on them in the middle of the night...more or less sitting on my head is the best part) and various terrible things!  BUT...at 15, she still gets completely "insane" and runs through the whole apartment having a fit.  She's still "ZIPPY!"

Let's face it, girl kitties are STRANGE.  Boys are often like black lab dogs...kind of stupid (if smart) and so affectionate.

This was just a random rant.  I love my crazy, enormously vocal girl.

The very sweet if carnivore thing she does...every spring, there are tiny , tiny bunnies that are outside my window (a partly submerged basement apartment) and she will paw at the window and chatter.  The birds, too.

She's 15 and aside from a couple of behind issues, I've NEVER needed to give her a bath.  (I would, if needed!(

I miss my black boy who was the same age.  (Had three big issues later in life).

Beasties rock.

I'm just waxing senitmental about my terrible little beastie.

BTW, I am forgetting policy (correct me if I goofed) but for tortie fans, there is a video on you tube...a tortie who looks a lot like mine (mine has an almost perfect "blaze" down her nose) and this one is a baritone.  Mine is more like an alto.  BUT mine is almost as insane!

IF you want to find it, on You Tube, just type in "Cat is possesed" (they have a some things that I'm VERY not happy about, but I think this gets you to the torie every time).  It's a behind brushing thing that results in the weirdest reaction ever!

I grew up with MANY siamese (and some who were...not only terribly talented but very strange!)  Some more vocal than others.  The people here (a big house) think I'm talking to myself all the time.  No, it's the nuts tortie.  Somehow I think I'll have to have one or the other for a long time!  (Siamese or torties.)   When I'm sad or bored I look up siamese on the computer so I can hear the most obnoxious voices.  The ones that lived with me not as much, but my friend had two (in a row) of the most horrifically sounding "whiskey and cigarettes" siamese who were...just absolutely horrible!  A professional cook, later in life, and they would scream their heads off ANYTIME she cooked and most all the rest of the time!

Sure, I haven't been on for a while.  I am just so proud of my grrly.  As strange as she is.

Last rant:  I adopted her and her (not littermate) brother (about the same age) from the Humane Society.  She happened to be in a "dog" area...I think they were crowded...and I think mom's with kittens they sometimes keep in there.  There was that chain link fence thing.  Up to the ceiling.  I wanted not particularly kittens, but two about the same age, mixed sex.  My boy, the shy one, just looked up at me.  Zippy climbed about 4 1/2 feet on the fencing thingie.  I had told my mom I wouldn't take her...I knew better.  There were 3 kittens about the same age.  I told HER I was gonna get two that were...closest to going.  But she was hanging there at 10 weeks old and screaming her little head off.  Mom said, "you HAVE to take her home."  Of course, I did.

BTW, when that time comes...I will only adopt adults.  Well, plus or minus, but I was 2 months out of college and had seen some funky things with our house of cats.  It was a good start, but I might even just foster cats for a few places around here.   ;D

A long rant, but, gosh darn it, some people don't understand how cool your kitties are.

- Raaz.

Offline Marybelle

• Magic Wizard of Everything
  • Global Moderator
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Weird, and proud of it!
Re: Just back after a while...
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, 06:33:48 PM »
It's fine to post Youtube links here, if you want to share it.  ;)

Glad to see you around again!

Offline applecavy

• Posts Too Much!
  • Think adoption first! :3
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2012, 09:12:57 PM »
That is great post!  :heart:
It's amazing that she is so full of energy at that age. And wonderful.

Offline Rzrwyre

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 11:28:22 AM »
Thanks for the complements.

Yes, she is totally "full of beans" (which I know some people use differently...but to me just means like "Mexican Jumping Beans" or "full of steam!"

I am so deficient and techologically challenged that I can't figure out posting photos.  But she does look a fair amout like that crazy you tube cat.  Prettier, though!

I only wish she'd quit walking directly on my face at night...with claws extended.  What a freak ;)

Hey, if anyone knows Quaker parakeets...(not legal everywhere)...believe you me, my friend has one (her probably most beloved little friend) and my tortie and her have almost IDENTICAL personalities.

- Raaz!

Offline applecavy

• Posts Too Much!
  • Think adoption first! :3
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 11:44:39 AM »
Do you have a photobucket account? If you do, and you know how to upload photos to it, in your album there will be a little box with various URLs underneath it.
If you copy the one that had image tags, and paste it here, you're done.  ;)

The finished product (before posting) will look like this, with a real URL and no spaces;
[img  ]http://www . yourpicturesurl . com[  /img]

Edit to fix it so the image tag shows up.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 12:39:34 PM by Marybelle »

Offline Rzrwyre

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2012, 04:44:20 AM »
Do you have a photobucket account? If you do, and you know how to upload photos to it, in your album there will be a little box with various URLs underneath it.
If you copy the one that had image tags, and paste it here, you're done.  ;)

The finished product (before posting) will look like this, with a real URL and no spaces;
[img  ]http://www . yourpicturesurl . com[  /img]

Edit to fix it so the image tag shows up.

Neglected post (so many to keep up with!)

You know, I'm so bad with technology.  I feel bad.  I missed the "revolution" by about 1 or 2 years.  I still know nothing about posting pics!  I've even tried, though usually time gets in the way.  My younger cousins know how to do it from their cell phones!  I barely know how to text.  For not so old I'm such an "old fart!"

Yeah, my grrly was just a very curvy and GORGEOUS dark tortie (well marbled with a blaze...or whatever you call the down the nose thing) and just a teeny bit of white.  She was crazy as all could be when she was young...after after 7 she FINALLY started to chill.

But no one else like her!

She did pass away about 2 weeks ago...it was TOTALLY sudden.  She was doing the "mad cat" dashing around and being a lil' stinker just the night before.  But we think it was a stroke.  Hey, depending on how anyone calculates ages, she could have been about the = of 105 for a person.  NO suffering before then.  Just that morning.  Kindest vets ever.

They even remarked on how beautiful her coat/teeth were on that morning at the vet.  She did it well.  IF walking on my face at night.   :wink5:

- Raaz.