Author Topic: Super Pet replacment parts?  (Read 8763 times)

Offline danadu6

Super Pet replacment parts?
« on: June 02, 2012, 11:51:05 AM »
For some reason I can not find where to order some replacement parts for my Super Pet Deluxe My First Home for Exotics. I checked the super pet webiste, but cant seem to find how to order replacment shelves. I don't know if im missing something on the website or what?  Or if there is another place to get them?  Can anyone help me out?

Offline AlwaysAmy

• Posts Too Much!
Re: Super Pet replacment parts?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 01:57:57 PM »
Which cage is that?  I might have shelves for it that I don't use sitting around.  Picture please? 

Though I would like to know if this is possible.  I need to get new base pans for mine because my girls are chewers.   ::)

Offline danadu6

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2012, 02:10:44 PM »
Its the Super Pet Deluxe My First Home for Exotics  here is the pic: http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=19822    Thankfully my boys dont chew any of the cage. I want some of the shelves so I can make like a full size level in the cage and one of my shelves needs to be replaced as it doesnt lock into place. So I was hoping to be able to get like 2-3 more shevels.  :)
I did email super pet so when they get back to me about ordering replacment parts Ill let you know what they say.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 02:12:33 PM by danadu6 »

Offline AlwaysAmy

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2012, 02:57:01 PM »
Your shelves are about 18" across, is that right?  I will go through some of my shelves from previous cages & see what I've got.  I bet I have something that you could use. 

Offline mcguirks

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2012, 02:58:34 PM »
I know this subject came up in an earlier post and as of May, Superpet stated on their website that they would no longer offer replacement parts.  I may be mistaken though...?

Offline danadu6

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2012, 03:26:18 PM »
Please do AlwaysAmy!!  I really hope that they are not going to offer replacment parts!  Thats terrible!  Yes they are about 18" accross. What type of base pan do you need?  I know I have seen some super pet cages in rummage sales around here and if I come accross some I could pick one up for you. 

Offline gullideth

• Posts Too Much!
    • Blind Melon Forum
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2012, 06:00:09 PM »
I know this subject came up in an earlier post and as of May, Superpet stated on their website that they would no longer offer replacement parts.  I may be mistaken though...?

They stopped offering, I ordered replacement shelves the day before they quit.  I'm super unhappy as they sent me a broken ramp and it wasn't even the right one.  I called to complain and they didn't have another ramp, so they are refunding me for it.

Offline danadu6

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2012, 08:11:59 PM »
Thats too bad!!  Why in the world would they stop?   :doh:

Offline gullideth

• Posts Too Much!
    • Blind Melon Forum
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2012, 09:12:11 PM »
I guess if people can't buy parts, they hope that they will buy new cages instead.

Offline Chaosbadgerling

• Posts Too Much!
  • Currently ratless
    • Aywas
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2012, 02:06:25 AM »
For a superpet, my first home for exotics some underbed tubs lids actually fit as a 2/3 level- you just have to drill some holes and attach.

Offline danadu6

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2012, 11:01:06 AM »
I guess if people can't buy parts, they hope that they will buy new cages instead.
   Thats what I was thinking.

For a superpet, my first home for exotics some underbed tubs lids actually fit as a 2/3 level- you just have to drill some holes and attach.

Thanks. I was thinking about doing something like that. I already use cookie cooling sheets under the shelves so I can hang toys/hammocks in places other than just from the top. I guess I just worry that something could go wrong or one of my boys would get hurt so I was hoping to get some actual replacment shelves. But I will keep that in mind. Thanks!

Offline ceopet

• Posts Too Much!
  • Rat love is the best love.
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2012, 11:46:55 PM »
I have shelves from the 2x2 home. It's annoyed that they'd stop selling the replacement parts though. I am not sure if the ones I have would fit that one?

Offline danadu6

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2012, 12:18:23 PM »
Im not sure if they would fit?  I think they are around 17 to 18 inches long. 

Offline binkyhoo

• Posts Too Much!
  • I Kissed a Rat
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2012, 06:21:05 PM »
I saw the notice that they would no more sell spare parts. I thought quick buy a new  base tray! But then when I looked on ebay,etc. I added up that I could get a whole new pen for less than the price of a base, 3 shelves and 3 ramps and a dish that fits the  hole area, as they had it, separately.  Go figure?

Offline Egween

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2012, 11:59:51 PM »
Sorry if this is off topic a little, I need advice.

I have a Superpet cage. The "My First Home" the 2x2 version. It's very tall and there is a lot of dead space. I'd love to hang things from under the shelves. How did you attach the cookie sheets so they are secure?

Also, my boy, Bailey is an escape artist. He pried the bars apart and scurried out while I watched twice. Then he chewed a hole in the bottom tray and I was woken up to the dog diving under the bed to try to get him. Fortunately, everyone is safe and my other rat, Chester did not try to get out. I had a friend make a metal tray that fits right inside the purple plastic one. It's keeping him in just fine.
I had to wrap the whole thing in chicken wire one frantic weekend to keep him from getting out of the bars again. Have you all had any problems with escaping ratties from this super pet cage? What would you choose to secure the bars? He is bigger now, but I can't risk another escape. The whole this is very pokey (on the outside) and the chicken wire made it a pain to clean.

Offline ceopet

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2012, 10:12:10 AM »
SIne you were saying your cage was gettin gvery stinky in another thread why not remove the chicken wire to clean it up? That [ee smell is no good for their lungs and noses. If your still worried about excapes why not get one of the ones with smaller bar spacing like the super pet for exotics or getting a Critter Nation.

Offline danadu6

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2012, 11:12:59 AM »
I just used zip ties to keep the cookie sheets in place under the shelves. It works out good, more options to hang things.

Offline Egween

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2012, 11:20:21 AM »
SIne you were saying your cage was gettin gvery stinky in another thread why not remove the chicken wire to clean it up? That [ee smell is no good for their lungs and noses. If your still worried about excapes why not get one of the ones with smaller bar spacing like the super pet for exotics or getting a Critter Nation.

It wasn't really the cage that was getting smelly. My rat is! And while I'd love to get a critter nation, shipping one out to me is $200-$300. Can't afford that now. I've been looking on Craigslist for a week and there's nothing in my area.

Offline Egween

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2012, 11:31:16 AM »
I was asking for suggestions to modify the cage I have now until I can afford a better one. The chicken wire took me hours to put on, so it's not like I can just pop it off and reattach to "properly" clean it.

Thanks, danadu6, I'll try the zip ties!

Offline ceopet

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2012, 12:34:29 AM »
I hope I didn't sound mean because I wasn't trying to be, but when you said spot clean I thought that you meant you can't fully clean the cage. I replied to you in more detail on the other thread you posted in. Als you can give him a bath most people suggest the unscented dawn dish soap for that, but It could make his smell worse. What kind of smell is it?

Offline Egween

« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2012, 12:52:58 AM »
I hope I didn't sound mean because I wasn't trying to be, but when you said spot clean I thought that you meant you can't fully clean the cage. I replied to you in more detail on the other thread you posted in. Als you can give him a bath most people suggest the unscented dawn dish soap for that, but It could make his smell worse. What kind of smell is it?

Thanks, I tried giving him a bath- he absolutely hated it! He smells a little better now. He just smelled dirty. A little oily and some urine smells. I discovered that he was peeing in a certain spot on one of the shelves, then dragging his tail through it.
 His buddy passed away a few weeks ago and I'm assuming he isn't cleaning/ being cleaned as regularly. I'm working on getting him some new cage mates since he's still young, and I'll have to get him used to being cleaned by me in the mean time. I put newspaper down where he was urinating and plan on changing that a few times a week. Hopefully that will help a lot. 
I'm currently searching craigslist a couple times a day for a Double Critter Nation, but if I don't find one, I may just have to wait until Christmas. :/ 

Offline Egween

« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2012, 12:55:33 AM »
I have found quite a few Super Pet 2x2s on Craigslist. Maybe it would be a good idea for you to just buy one from there to use as parts? I'm down in Southern California, so maybe they're more popular here than where you are.

Offline danadu6

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2012, 12:44:34 PM »
Yeah, I have been looking on craigs list. But with my location (very nothern WI) there are not alot of options.  :doh: But I will continue to search there.
Also, Super Pet never got back to me since I sent them the email.