Author Topic: Desk Playland Fort of Fantastic Awesomeness  (Read 939 times)

Offline A Lioness

• Raaaawwr!
    • Lazy Pirat(e)s
Desk Playland Fort of Fantastic Awesomeness
« on: June 09, 2012, 05:40:53 PM »
I'm terrible with post titles.  >>

Anyway, I've acquired this fantastic corner desk with shelves that I've been working on converting into some sort of rat-fort.  I'm using the bottom level for my computer and paperwork, but the shelf above (the middle of three tiers) is essentially ready to go.  I spend a lot of time at my desk so I wanted to have somewhere to let them out that is easy to supervise, but where I can still get some work done.

Pictures!

06 09 2012 - the whole fort by lioness & goldfish, on Flickr
Here is the whole thing.  Ignore the igloo up top - I've all but decided not to use that top shelf unless I can figure out a way to build some walls.  Too dangerous.

06 09 2012 - hachi in the fort by lioness & goldfish, on Flickr
Hachi hanging out in front of the hammock.

06 09 2012 - hachi closeup by lioness & goldfish, on Flickr
More Hachi, because he is cute and was the only one who wanted his picture taken (aka some of my sunflower seeds).

06 09 2012 - jack and hachi by lioness & goldfish, on Flickr
After some pestering, I got Jack to poke his head out of the tent.  Please excuse my rats' extremely funny-shaped heads in this one.   :yelcutelaugh:
Nicodemus didn't want to be included in the pictures at all, but you can see his lovely tail hanging out of the log there.

I've crocheted a back wall (it's attached to the pillars in the back and the fleece at the bottom) and I plan on doing another one for the side with the big white lamp attached to it, just for safety.  Still, I'm not too concerned with them skydiving off of my desk.  They're very lazy manrats, and it's usually one in the hammock, one in the log, and one in the tent, all snoozing... haha, so much for playtime.

Caretaker of Jack Sparrow, Hachiko Not-a-Mouse, Ollivander, and Nicodemus (Wise King of Trees).
More photos, video, stories, and sharing at http://the-pirat-bay.tumblr.com/.

Offline YorkieLove

Re: Desk Playland Fort of Fantastic Awesomeness
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2012, 06:20:55 PM »
That looks awesome and so fun for you to be able to keep them close while your working! :thumbsup2:

Offline gullideth

• Posts Too Much!
    • Blind Melon Forum
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2012, 08:42:47 PM »
What a great idea!  I love it!

Offline Trihkal

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2012, 11:34:37 PM »
I think that's a great name for the post! It is indeed fantastic awesomness haha
The Ratties I Have Known And Loved

Offline A Lioness

• Raaaawwr!
    • Lazy Pirat(e)s
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2012, 02:06:56 AM »
I think that's a great name for the post! It is indeed fantastic awesomness haha

Thank you!  I rather liked it.  (:

Caretaker of Jack Sparrow, Hachiko Not-a-Mouse, Ollivander, and Nicodemus (Wise King of Trees).
More photos, video, stories, and sharing at http://the-pirat-bay.tumblr.com/.

Offline RooRat

• Posts Too Much!
  • Rest in Peace Petyr, Renly, and Myka <3
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2012, 06:22:58 PM »
Love this idea! Looks like so much fun (or, in their case, comfort and relaxation)!
Mom to Pyp!
Visit my Etsy shop!