Author Topic: Great new ideas for rat toys/treats! they love them  (Read 27586 times)

Offline Nikki_Lovins-these-RATS

Great new ideas for rat toys/treats! they love them
« on: June 14, 2012, 04:40:20 PM »

take easter eggs and fill it with treats and close it watch the rats go crazy trying to open it to get to the yummy treats:)

Fill the bottle half full with water add all the little things whatever you decides to put in and the fill the rest of the way with water, put a little super glue around the lid and whala rat toy:) also great for toddlers, keeps them busy in the car and store:)

these are really cherrios
 cheerio dipped in chocolate, then sprinkles. The others are cheerios dipped in confectioners' sugar and cheerios rolled in cinnamon sugar

Bugle with cream cheese on top

peanut butter cookie dough and a chocolate chip

mini pizza I made mine tiny for the rats and bigger for the kids they loved eating with the rats :)

I know all this is not the healthy stuff for the rats! They do not get to have stuff like this very often but their birthdays and on special occasions like the kids birthdays maybe holidays! I just wanted to share with you all cause I know there are some that make special treats on birthdays as well!   
Loving Family members our Rats... Arrow,Cheddar , Remy, Gizmo, Bear-back, and Gracie LOO:) us rat sreally love all our kids and their totally awesome toys they have Millions! Our main mom is when we get our cuddle time, We just love watching her type on GM, we try to catch her fingers LOL:)

Offline MiserySmith

• Posts Too Much!
Re: Great new ideas for rat toys/treats! they love them
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 06:33:29 PM »
Those bottles filled with little things are SO cool looking.
I might need to keep one around that's not for the rats :cheeky:
This definitely gave me some ideas for my guys first birthday!
"The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?"-
Edgar Allan Poe

Offline Nari Caution

• Posts Too Much!
  • Rats, the fanciest of pets~
    • Etsy~
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 07:47:46 PM »
The easter eggs are also multi-purpose.

They can also double as a helmet for those accident-prone babies~ (she put it on herself too~)

Offline harpbeat339

• "A balanced person has a rat on each shoulder"
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2012, 08:20:07 PM »
 :o
These ideas are genius. Thank you so much!!!
Proud Mommy of:
Dogs - Brody (cockapoo) <3 <3 <3
Rats - Colby and Brie

Offline RooRat

• Posts Too Much!
  • Rest in Peace Petyr, Renly, and Myka <3
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2012, 08:45:12 PM »
Wow - so cool!
Mom to Pyp!
Visit my Etsy shop!

Offline TGQ

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2012, 08:58:47 PM »
Wow. I love these. Especially the cheerio donuts!
My rat children:  Storm, Charlie, and Nimbus

Rest in Peace Echo, Skye, Murdock, Dirk, Duck, & Weetzie

Offline ceopet

• Posts Too Much!
  • Rat love is the best love.
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2012, 09:13:10 PM »
Awesome ideas. I have done the Easter egg one a few times. The Cheerio donuts are so cute. I will have try these out sometime. What do the rats do with the water bottles? just curious.

Offline Nikki_Lovins-these-RATS

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2012, 10:17:20 PM »
Ceopet they tried climbing around on them, they were very interested in the lids and trying to get it open, and it makes a little noise to so when it rolls around so that they have rolled it around and pop corned around messing with it:) They younger girls i have seem to have stayed more interested in it since they are more active then my very lazy older boys. The boys were excited about it at first but I think it cause they thought it was food:) But even they were to get it open its only water:) I also put it in their cage after i filled it with cold water to keep them warmer over the summer, even though we have central air :) The girls are still wondering how to get it open and what it is and how it rolls:) They can not figure out what it is:) I will try to post a video of it once my camera charges :)
Loving Family members our Rats... Arrow,Cheddar , Remy, Gizmo, Bear-back, and Gracie LOO:) us rat sreally love all our kids and their totally awesome toys they have Millions! Our main mom is when we get our cuddle time, We just love watching her type on GM, we try to catch her fingers LOL:)

Offline CarrieD

• Posts Too Much!
    • Yale Road Adoptables
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2012, 10:28:03 PM »
The easter eggs are also multi-purpose.

They can also double as a helmet for those accident-prone babies~ (she put it on herself too~)

:BlueDumboBigEyes:  :yelcutelaugh:

Offline Trihkal

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2012, 08:09:09 PM »
That picture particularly because she put it on herself is hilarious.
The Ratties I Have Known And Loved