Author Topic: 8 litter to last me a year!!  (Read 699 times)

Offline Maltey

• Posts Too Much!
  • I'm gonna kiss that rat, that's what I'm gonna do
    • The Relaxed Rat
8 litter to last me a year!!
« on: June 17, 2012, 08:48:48 PM »
I'm very happy with this, so I have to share!

I heard a lot of good reviews on Finacard (not sure if you have it in the US but I believe it's the same sort of thing as Ecobed- just shredded cardboard)
My previous litter was 10 for 25ltr. I can't remember exactly what that was in weight, but it was roughly 7kg and about 6 weeks' worth.
I was placing a food order on ratrations.com and saw a bale of Finacard for 8. A bale is 15-17kg!!
It didn't add anything to my shipping either since I already ordered so much else  :P
So I bought a bale.

Skip a week or so and the girls had started sneezing, but I put it down to a change in litter and decided to ride it out and watch for changes. It started getting worse and congested so it was med time.
I asked on another forum if anyone had had similar issues with resp problems from Finacard and a rep from Finacard contacted me.
He said they now had a new improved processing method which meant significantly less dust and that he would send me a free bale to try out.
The girls seem largely fine with the bedding now, so I think it was probably a one-time adjustment.
I've filled up about 6 litter trays and it's barely made a dent!
That means I paid 8 for up to 34kg of litter that could quite literally last me a year.
Bargain I say!
♥Courtney and the ever-growing mischief♥

My Blog!

Offline Stacy M

• Posts Too Much!
  • Missy always in my <3
Re: 8 litter to last me a year!!
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 08:51:45 PM »
Jealous!  What a great company.  I wish we had that, it is similarish to ecobedding but way way cheaper since ours isn't used for horses.

Offline Rosepetalbed

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2012, 06:46:50 PM »
Yes Lucky Indeed....I would order some if it was in the us!  :doh:
Jeremy and Flower ( both 2) Craigslist feeder rescue, (not sure on age) and 2- 5 week olds....rex and gray masked :)

Offline Nikki_Lovins-these-RATS

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2012, 06:00:59 AM »
hmmm should I put orders into you for it lol and then have you ship to the u.s  :BlueDumboSmileTongue: that is awesome though :)
Loving Family members our Rats... Arrow,Cheddar , Remy, Gizmo, Bear-back, and Gracie LOO:) us rat sreally love all our kids and their totally awesome toys they have Millions! Our main mom is when we get our cuddle time, We just love watching her type on GM, we try to catch her fingers LOL:)

Offline Maltey

• Posts Too Much!
  • I'm gonna kiss that rat, that's what I'm gonna do
    • The Relaxed Rat
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2012, 07:15:09 AM »
I could probably do with moving some of it to be honest. 1 bale is taking up too much room already!
♥Courtney and the ever-growing mischief♥

My Blog!