Author Topic: DFW area rescues  (Read 1285 times)

Offline MomOfJixi

• Posts Too Much!
  • Life is better with love and laughter
    • Canine Training
DFW area rescues
« on: June 24, 2012, 04:23:51 PM »
I live in Terrell, near Dallas and have been volunteering at our local animal shelter. The new lady running the place is trying her hardest to turn it into a no-kill shelter (it's the base-station for our animal control) but lately we have become overrun and she is afraid that soon, she will be forced to start euthanizing perfectly healthy, sane dogs (since she started working there, the only dogs they have had to PTS were severely aggressive and severely sick dogs). I am trying as hard as I can to get homes for these lovely dogs.

First off: there is one dog there that is COMPLETELY ready to go home, he has all shots, microchippped, neutered and HW-
Julian is his name and he is a pit bull. VERY sweet (all the dog there are, honestly) and the adoption fee is $15.

There are:
- couple more pits there (a boy- Fonzie, another boy- Spizy [VERY good with kids], and I think a girl [got new dogs in since I last got to go in)
- 4 female black lab mix pups
- 2 terrier mix pups (a boy and girl)
- 2 or 3 black lab mixes (one is a young dog, not quite a puppy, not quite adult)
- 2 or 3 yellow lab mixes
- and more

Adoption for ANY of them is $15 and you must show proof within a month of beign fixed and getting rabies vac.

I will help anyone who wants to adopt one of these dogs but needs some training help. PLEASE adopt!

website is terrellpet.com or facebook.com/terrellpet
"Love is a rhythm, free the music inside" -me

Mom to: 4 doggie kids, 10 rattie kids, and one gorgeous human girl

Offline MomOfJixi

• Posts Too Much!
  • Life is better with love and laughter
    • Canine Training
Re: DFW area rescues
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 12:57:38 PM »
Emergency at the shelter: They MUST get some crates (large prefered), fosters, and/or adoptions... NOW! They have 3 dogs that they can't even unload from the truck due to lack of space. If nobody helps the shelter out, dogs are going to have to be PTS just because of the lack of space!!!! Do you know anyone that could help?
"Love is a rhythm, free the music inside" -me

Mom to: 4 doggie kids, 10 rattie kids, and one gorgeous human girl