Author Topic: Broken Nail.. again.  (Read 983 times)

Offline Dragonfly

• Posts Too Much!
  • I ME MINE
Broken Nail.. again.
« on: July 15, 2012, 08:54:10 AM »
I swear Diver is such a trouble maker it's insane. First he gets to close to a skunk. and then proceeds to chase it around the yard while we frantically yell no and come.

During his bath however we noticed that his back right foot has a broken claw which may have happened at any point during the escapade. We know it's fresh because it was still bleeding. Last time he  broke a nail the vet just said to keep an eye on it and it was fine, and seeing how it's Sunday and payday isn't until Friday I am a bit hesitant to take him to the vet if all they are going to tell me is to watch for infection.  so what do you guys think...

Love the Creatures. Love the baby. Love the life.

Offline Ratluvr22

• Posts Too Much!
  • "Got any Yogies??"
Re: Broken Nail.. again.
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2012, 09:24:14 AM »
Quick stop works good because not only does it stop bleeding it's medicated too to stop infection.

Offline Dragonfly

• Posts Too Much!
  • I ME MINE
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2012, 09:38:16 AM »
It has stopped bleeding more than 12 hours or so ago.. and it never actually bled that much, just when he put pressure on it. I also don't have any quick stop, should I just use saline to keep it clean? or should I use a mild antibacterial soap and water?
Love the Creatures. Love the baby. Love the life.

Offline HowlsOfAngels

• Posts Too Much!
  • Did everything just taste purple for a second?
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2012, 12:25:30 PM »
I believe saline would be less irritating to a wound like that. I'd just keep it clean and dry and keep an eye on it, then tomorrow call the vet, give a description, and get better advice.

Good luck.
"Optimus Prime says 'No,' to promiscuos sex." - Alex Murphy