Author Topic: A tragic update  (Read 1394 times)

Offline Heather

• Donor
  • Posts Too Much!
A tragic update
« on: August 18, 2012, 10:54:25 AM »
For those of you who remember me and my beautiful girl Waverli, I am deeply saddened to write and say that she slipped out the front door Wednesday afternoon and was struck and killed by a car. Waverli was my bottle baby of five years young. She was my very first raw fed cat, and her story has helped and inspired countless people into making positive changes for their own cats. A charisma about her won over even the toughest critics and they soon fell in love with her as well. She was my life, my baby. I raised her from a week old and when she opened those gorgeous little eyes, I was there. I was there for her first steps, the bottle feedings, her first solids, the first time she ever went in her "big girl pan" all by herself. This house has 1000 memories of her at every inch. Sleeping on the water heater and I'd always tell her "I hope you don't get electrocuted one day!" The way she'd climb on the counters and I'd say "You get down" to which she'd give me that certain look, crab at me and make her way to the top of the cabinets just for spite. She loved to be in bed with me. We'd sleep until the late afternoon sometimes. When I was upset she was there. Made me laugh constantly. Life is so empty without her. My baby girl is gone. I just don't know what to do with myself.

Offline Marybelle

• Magic Wizard of Everything
  • Global Moderator
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Weird, and proud of it!
Re: A tragic update
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2012, 11:04:04 AM »
I'm so sorry,  *hugs*

I remember Waverli, and I'm sorry for your loss.

Offline coeurfragile

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2012, 05:41:06 PM »
I'm so sorry for your loss Heather :(

Play hard Waverli.  Our cats are such special creatures.
Owned by three kittehs (Raja, Adrian and Audrina), and two pups (Sunny and John). Currently on a break from ratties.

Offline Rzrwyre

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2012, 05:47:48 PM »
My heart is with you.  I'm so sorry about your girl kitty.   :'(  Play hard little Waverli.
- Raaz.

Offline gramma2jaakk

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2012, 04:11:14 AM »
Oh dear, I am so sorry! 

Play hard, Waverli.

Offline ZooKeeper83

• Donor
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Meep
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2012, 08:41:28 PM »
I'm so sorry about Waverli.  I remember seeing pictures of her around here.  She was a beautiful girl.   :heart:
Owned by: Dopey the basset; Lacey the border mix, Stinky, Lila and Happy the kittehs; Diesel the ball python; Rosie the dumeril's boa; Chili the children's python; Angus the bearded; Petri the leopard gecko; Addy the crested gecko

Offline applecavy

• Posts Too Much!
  • Think adoption first! :3
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2012, 10:41:55 PM »
I am so sorry for the tragic loss of your baby.  :heart:
I hope that your heart heals.

Offline MiserySmith

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2012, 08:48:21 AM »
So very sorry for your loss, I can't even imagine. May your heart heal with time. <3
"The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?"-
Edgar Allan Poe

Offline Been to the Mountaintop

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2012, 04:24:02 PM »
 :'(
--Best, Mountaintop--