Author Topic: kitten will not eat!  (Read 550 times)

Offline danadu6

kitten will not eat!
« on: August 20, 2012, 08:42:54 PM »
So 1 of my 3 foster kittens will not eat. I noticed this yesterday. I do plan on taking her to the vets tomarrow. They are about 16 weeks old. The other 2 seem to be doing fine. The 1 who will not eat gags everytime I offer her something. I have tried boiled chicken, chicken gravy, baby food chicken, watered down KMR, and tuna can food. She did lick a little of the tuna juice but thats all. I have seen her drink water a few times today. I plan on keeping her seperated from the other 2 tonight. I will keep her in my room and try to notice in the AM if the amount of food in the dish is any different.
She has vomitted a few times, all liquid.
Any help/insite?

Offline Rzrwyre

• Posts Too Much!
Re: kitten will not eat!
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 02:38:53 AM »
First thought at that age is stress, but it definitely sounds like something to ask the vet about.  It could be any number of things, though by that age they should take to plain wet food well...it could depend on what sort, etc.  Some kitties love fishy stuff, but if not canned and prepared, it also doesn't contain taurine...which is it's own health hazard as kitties can't make it own their own.

I could be as simple as a diet switch, but by 16 weeks I'd expect she'd be able to eat pretty normal foods.  So maybe there is something else going on?

Make sure she has plenty of fresh water and get that one checked out.

Best of luck.

- Raaz.