Author Topic: Good Crate For Travel?  (Read 905 times)

Offline ZooKeeper83

• Donor
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Meep
Good Crate For Travel?
« on: September 23, 2012, 12:44:40 PM »
Hey everyone!  I was just researching dog crates and wondered if anyone on here had some that they loved/hated?

Basically, my basset hound has been crate trained since he was a puppy.  He has just a standard cheap economy crate that I picked up almost 12 years ago that's still kicking.  My border collie mix was never crate trained because she's well behaved when left alone.  However, now I'm shaping her to a crate to prepare us for KPA (Karen Pryor Academy) and need to get her one.  It would be traveling with us back and forth for workshops, so a collapsible one with multiple doors that's easy to transport would be ideal.  Not a soft sided one, however.

I liked the idea of the Pet Gear Travel Lite Steel Pet Crate (http://www.petfooddirect.com/Product/51345/Pet-Gear-Travel-Lite-Steel-Crate-for-Pets) because of the portability, but people complained about cheap plastic latches.  Anyone have that one and actually like it?

Most of the others have similar looks, I just want to make sure I don't pick the wrong brand.

Thanks for any info!

Melissa
Owned by: Dopey the basset; Lacey the border mix, Stinky, Lila and Happy the kittehs; Diesel the ball python; Rosie the dumeril's boa; Chili the children's python; Angus the bearded; Petri the leopard gecko; Addy the crested gecko