Author Topic: Sophie...  (Read 8416 times)

Offline Rzrwyre

• Posts Too Much!
Re: Sophie...
« Reply #50 on: October 11, 2012, 08:07:33 AM »
Yeah, it seems like every day she is more interested in sticking around...and more...but not quite ready for that yet.  I'm just going in more and more and she ALWAYS comes out, sits at a distance, lets me talk to her.  We just had a nice long talking session "you're SO beautiful, I'm so lucky to have you" etc., and I think she is starting to know it.  After a few minutes she started to go back to hidey box, but she let me work on the heating vent without hiding and all of the rest.  When she starts to go back to hiding, I just leave.

Foster mom and I have talked about once a week, and does want updates.  I think she'll be pleased with the progress.

;D - Raaz.

Offline Rzrwyre

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #51 on: October 12, 2012, 03:17:59 AM »
Think she almost came up next to me today, but then changed her mind.   :wav: - Raaz.

Offline Rzrwyre

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2012, 12:10:49 AM »
I know...the ongoing story, if anyone is interested.

Kitty was on my bed doing her unsure look, but let me sit down and didn't hiss or run away.  I didn't try petting her but she seemed soothed by my talking to her...for quite a while.  Was pretty cool!   ;D 

Maybe I can get a picture up sooner than later.  It's so nice to see her in all of her magnificent glory!

- Raaz.

Offline Rzrwyre

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2012, 04:12:31 AM »
HUGE breakthrough tonight!  (Somehow it always happens on Fridays!)

I had given her the soft food but noticed the dry was getting low.  She didn't run off my bed when I was right next to her giving more.  I was gonna sit down, but sorta tripped, scaring her onto the floor, but she didn't go far.

We talked, then I tried out the favorite toys again (a fur mouse cat fishing toy her foster mom gave me...then the lazer pointer).  Mom told me that once she starts playing, you can talk to her all you want (and she let me) and read out loud to her and stuff...this is a huge breakthrough for her.

I hadn't quite realized, she has these four dark stripes that come down the back of her head and two of them marble into the sides.  <Thud!>

;D - Raaz.

Offline MiserySmith

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #54 on: October 13, 2012, 05:29:24 PM »
That's awesome!  :thumbsup2:
"The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?"-
Edgar Allan Poe

Offline Rzrwyre

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #55 on: October 14, 2012, 07:47:24 AM »
I know I should have labeled it the "daily thread." 

We are playing so often now.  Not quite up to the petting yet, but so wonderful to see the "mighty huntress" in all of her glory, cat fishing and lazer point playing.  She's SO strong, too...if she gets that toy and doesn't want to let it go, I just have to wait!  Those glorious big paws.

I did notice that while 12 lbs or less, she is a pretty long cat!  (Some people think that's big to begin with).  It's hard to tell under that thick fur!

:heart: to Sophie! - Raaz.

Offline Marybelle

• Magic Wizard of Everything
  • Global Moderator
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Weird, and proud of it!
« Reply #56 on: October 14, 2012, 02:01:35 PM »
I'm glad she's playing more often!  That means she's getting more and more comfortable.  Once she figures out that you're not at all scary, watch out!  ;)

Offline Rzrwyre

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #57 on: October 15, 2012, 12:16:24 AM »
I'm glad she's playing more often!  That means she's getting more and more comfortable.  Once she figures out that you're not at all scary, watch out!  ;)

Yeah.  I'm loving seeing her more and more.  I just can't get over those big paws, and how strong she is when she gets her cat fishing toy!

;D - Raaz.

Offline Rzrwyre

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #58 on: October 15, 2012, 03:37:21 PM »
I have great sunshine and a great kitty window...she's been taking advantage of both.  She sort of comes to me but still the obligatory single hiss sometimes, then sits down and lets me play with her or at least we'll talk.

Her hiss is so soft.  Her meow is tiny!  (A good sign that she's even doing it!) and I haven't heard her gentle (but endearing) growl for a while.  What a good girl!

- Raaz.

Offline Marybelle

• Magic Wizard of Everything
  • Global Moderator
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Weird, and proud of it!
« Reply #59 on: October 15, 2012, 03:48:38 PM »
I have great sunshine and a great kitty window...she's been taking advantage of both.  She sort of comes to me but still the obligatory single hiss sometimes, then sits down and lets me play with her or at least we'll talk.

Her hiss is so soft.  Her meow is tiny!  (A good sign that she's even doing it!) and I haven't heard her gentle (but endearing) growl for a while.  What a good girl!

- Raaz.

I knew someone who had a feral cat that they got as a tiny kitten.  He wasn't raised around other cats, but solely by people.  He would always do the single hiss when they'd approach, but there was no sign of aggression or anything else.  Finally, they realized that every time they'd walk into the room, they'd say "hi".  Now, say hi and picture what that looks like to a cat.  He figured that was just the way these weird cats greeted him, so he'd hiss his "hi" right back!  LOL

Offline Rzrwyre

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #60 on: October 16, 2012, 05:57:19 AM »
She's really not hissing too much.  She'll let me sit next to her, pretty close.  Foster mom said that her "okay back-off" thing is her swat with her huge paws, but no claws extended.

I woke up and gave her some play time, which she enjoyed.  I sat right next to her with her favorite cat fishing toy.  She didn't go anywhere.  (On the bed).  But I saw if I could touch her and she swatted with a magnificent paw.  So she's not quite ready. 

While a pain to trim, her claws are ALL black.  Like really black.  Handsome!

My heart just purrs because I know she's appreciating most of the frequent visits, if a bit unsure.

I got her some "bizzy balls" last night and I heard all kind of (sp?) rouckous in there once I left her alone!

She's such the majestic beast!

;D - Raaz.

Offline Been to the Mountaintop

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #61 on: October 16, 2012, 06:48:01 AM »
So glad to hear all this! While she is not yet meeting your needs for pats and cuddles, isn't it good to know you're meeting hers, and she is now having a great kitty life with all the trimmings--cat window, toys etc. Yeah Sophie--you finally have a forever home with the best catdad evah!  :balloon:
--Best, Mountaintop--

Offline Rzrwyre

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #62 on: October 21, 2012, 04:20:04 AM »
Oh, I don't mind.  I spent a year with just my one tortie who was hit and miss on snuggling.  Thought the laying directly on the head thing was pretty often!  (Sometimes I'd try to sleep with her there and her heart would beat right over my ear, rather distracting me!)

I'm cutting short in a few minutes, and poor Sophie hasn't seen me much this weekend due to really, really bad stomach virus.  Too sick to even move.  Seems slightly on it's way out.  May delay our bonding, but I honestly haven't felt that bad in a LOOOONG time!  I'll spare everyone the details, but wash those hands insansely, they say it's really going around up here.

;D - Raaz.

Offline Rzrwyre

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #63 on: October 21, 2012, 05:11:26 AM »
This is random, but I think I'm going to call her my "Vin Deisel kitty."  Given she's got a lot more hair!  It's just that when she gets that fur mouse on a string...only SHE will decide when to give it back!  I wonder what she really looks like under the fuzz?  (We just had another good and long playing session).   ;D

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #64 on: October 22, 2012, 07:59:37 AM »
RE the tummy virus, did everything come out OK LOL? I can SO empathize--I had it too.
--Best, Mountaintop--

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #65 on: November 18, 2012, 01:57:01 PM »
How are you and Sophie doing?
--Best, Mountaintop--