Author Topic: Saw the most amazing siamese...  (Read 3090 times)

Offline Rzrwyre

• Posts Too Much!
Saw the most amazing siamese...
« on: October 01, 2012, 11:30:18 AM »
I am a huge sucker for siamese.  Especially appleheads.  I saw a huge seal point (pretty dark) siamese in our backyard.  Oh, I hope she has a home.  I couldn't get out to her before she went away.  But she was kind of chunky (looked well fed to say the least!) and very dark, so probably not too young...but it's also Wisconsin, so our weather is colder.

We have some new neighbors down the street, so maybe she is theirs?

I miss siamese so much.  When I'm feeling blue, I actually look up the you tubes of really noisy ones!  We had many siamese when I was growing up, and they were all appleheads (not those terribly refinded ones).

I kind of hope to see her, again, but also hope they keep her inside!

- Raaz.

Offline katev394

• Fur Kid Accessories
Re: Saw the most amazing siamese...
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 03:06:06 PM »
Hmmm.. I hope you can find her again. It's super dangerous for a rat to be running around outside, seeing as shes a Siamese shes obviously a domesticated rat. Good luck!
R.I.P Phoebe, DeeDee, Lela, Lucy, Shelly, and Daphne<3

Fur kids:
2 fuzzbutt ferrets - Huey and Dougan
3 cavies - Charlie, Henry, and Edie
4 ratties - Audry, Josie, Dale & Cooper

http://www.etsy.com/shop/FurkidAccessories

Offline katev394

• Fur Kid Accessories
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 03:08:19 PM »
Lol wow. Just realized you're talking about cats - sorry I thought I was on the rat forum still!
R.I.P Phoebe, DeeDee, Lela, Lucy, Shelly, and Daphne<3

Fur kids:
2 fuzzbutt ferrets - Huey and Dougan
3 cavies - Charlie, Henry, and Edie
4 ratties - Audry, Josie, Dale & Cooper

http://www.etsy.com/shop/FurkidAccessories

Offline Rzrwyre

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2012, 05:53:43 AM »
Yeah, she's a cat.  (I think it's a she?)   ;D  Our particular street isn't too, too busy, though complete dingbats still drive down it, but just a block away is a busy street.  She was just so stunning.

We personally only had appleheads, but our friend had the "refined" type...and those voices...to beat none other!  I LOVE noisy kitties!  (Even if rather grating to the ears!)

;D - Raaz.

Offline Been to the Mountaintop

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2012, 06:36:41 AM »
When Sophie comes around a little more I bet she'll help fill the Siamese void...
--Best, Mountaintop--

Offline Kandi

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2012, 04:45:06 PM »
Huge sucker for siamese you say?

Meet my Luka. c;

Offline Rzrwyre

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2012, 11:26:41 AM »
Oh, goodness, look at those eyes!  Yes, no matter how old I get or how many kitties fill my life with joy, I will have a soft spot for siamese.  Applehead, refined, noisy, squeaky, weird in general (like being able to turn the lights off and on and opening tricky doorknobs!)

Our Siamese truly did the most amazing and crazy kitty things ever.  My favorite was (in the early 80's...disco years) our seal point with a foot fetish getting her head stuck in some leopard print high high heels of my mom's (disco...go figure!) and running around with that sticking off of her head!  My grrly who just passed away in may was a tortie, and while completely insane, I think I also have a tortie thing now, too.  (Girls!  :doh: )   ;D

I saw her again this morning.  It makes me worry, but I know many cats also go outside.  You can tell she's probably not over 5 years old...kind of chunky so well fed, but REALLY dark seal point....her whole back is very dark.  Probably I would think been out a lot in Wisconsin cool weather.  Maybe we'll say hi one of these days.  (Don't worry, I'll wash my arms and change shirts and all of that stuff!)

- Raaz.

Offline Rzrwyre

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2012, 07:26:25 PM »
I left a message on another thread.  I think there is something going on with the house next door.  I just saw that they had a golden who looked in bad shape.  Oh, like others, I hate to start trouble, but know I will!  (I'm a leo!)  I already pointed out the meth/crackhead gal who showed up on our doorstep...then went in next door.  Up to NINE cars at a time for about a three bedroom house.  I might just be nice and go introduce myself this weekend, but afraid to, sort of.  If I end up calling the cops or animal patrol (of one sort of the other), it could really bite me in the bum.

:doh: - Raaz.

Offline Rzrwyre

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2012, 08:48:59 AM »
I did see her this AM and she was very friendly and...yes, well conditioned.  I just think she's outside so much, to be so young and TOTALLY as dark as a seal point could be.  I know some people think it's fine to be an outdoor kitty.  We had indoor/outdoor ones growing up, but just a block away is a crazy busy street, and it's cold now.  (32 this AM!)  It's gonna be in the 30's most of the next week, at least at night and I just think that's pretty chilly for a shorthaired cat!

- Raaz.

Offline forkyfork

• Posts Too Much!
    • DANANI
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2012, 12:11:32 PM »
Rzrwyre- Did you see the cocoa siamese on the website you posted in your other thread? Beautiful yellow eyes and all cocoa colored. Just beautiful.

Heres my meezer. She is a barn kitty I took in with her brothers and sisters that were grey and white. She looks brown in the pics but she is a lavender color and has purple paw pads and nose. Very crosseyed never would have survived living in a barn. She tries to play but misses hitting her toy often. She has wonderful conversations though.  ;D

Sidney in all her crosseyed glory.  ;D

Offline Rzrwyre

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2012, 02:21:00 PM »
Oh, yeah...gorgeous, and that really IS crosseyed!

We had a teeny sealpoint who was SO crosseyed and...is it called pidgeon toed, and she seriously quacked like a duck!

Yeah, I saw the siamese.  I am just working so much that I think I that having a more social kitty might not work out for the kitty.  (I'd have a housefull otherwise!)

I do two things when I feel like I'm down in the dumps:

1) Look up torties

2) Look up really noisy siamese!

;D - Raaz.

Offline Kandi

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2012, 03:21:13 PM »
Forky- She is sooooo cute! Awwww!  He brother(?) is adorable too! I have a soft spot for grey kitties<3

I have an album on my facebook dedicated to Luka, and my kitten Kai. You can have a peek here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.468211489858330.110096.100000084507292&type=1&l=f03c818c4c if you would like. I got some good pictures of him before we got Kai. Since then he's turned into grumpykat towards me, even though he LOVES to play with Kai. >.<

Offline Rzrwyre

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2012, 04:24:44 PM »
I have a soft spot for grey kitties, too.  I had to buy food at a Petsmart (where they had it) and they have an adoption center...a big blue boy (with some white) who was SO handsome.  I totally cried in my car as my tortie was too insane to bring home a new boy!  (He did get a home, though).

Sorry, repeat story, but you should have seen my mom's rediculously long haired wooly blue persian with HUGE copper eyes.  So tiny under all of that fur!

Siamese story (sorry, think another duplicate):  Had a friend who had a blueish point (maybe lavendar) siamese kitten.  He worked at a vets and got him there as a rescue.  He was blind in one eye from herpes, and I am SURE he also had brain damage!  A young kitty, siamese, with all kinds of brain damage but still smart...you wanna talk about trouble!   ::)  Cute and loveable all the same.  He'd get hyper and just spin around and smack into furniture and walls...but never kept him down!

- Raaz.

Offline forkyfork

• Posts Too Much!
    • DANANI
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2012, 08:57:58 PM »
Thanks  ;D Thats Chester her brother.

I always wanted a grey kitty. In Utah and Cleveland they werent that common. Now I have grey kitties up to my eyeballs.
2 grey and white barn kitties brother and sister, Sidney the siamese their sister and Frank a stray Korat kitten from the grocery store.

Frank his pretty green eyes dont show well on the cell phone.  ::)

Offline forkyfork

• Posts Too Much!
    • DANANI
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2012, 11:21:32 PM »
Forky- She is sooooo cute! Awwww!  He brother(?) is adorable too! I have a soft spot for grey kitties<3

I have an album on my facebook dedicated to Luka, and my kitten Kai. You can have a peek here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.468211489858330.110096.100000084507292&type=1&l=f03c818c4c if you would like. I got some good pictures of him before we got Kai. Since then he's turned into grumpykat towards me, even though he LOVES to play with Kai. >.<

I got all confused on the names but that little black and white kittie is the cutest thing...  :heart:

Siamese can be so odd even when they are mutts. My cat loved my husband when he was home all the time but since he has gotten a job away fromm home she is mad at him and wont talk to him. lol

Offline Rzrwyre

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2012, 11:30:59 PM »

I always wanted a grey kitty. In Utah and Cleveland they werent that common. Now I have grey kitties up to my eyeballs.
2 grey and white barn kitties brother and sister, Sidney the siamese their sister and Frank a stray Korat kitten from the grocery store.

Wow...gorgeous!   ;D

Offline Kandi

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2012, 01:18:23 AM »

I got all confused on the names but that little black and white kittie is the cutest thing...  :heart:

Siamese can be so odd even when they are mutts. My cat loved my husband when he was home all the time but since he has gotten a job away fromm home she is mad at him and wont talk to him. lol

:D I LOOOVEEEEEEEE FRANKKKK! :D I want a solid blue kitty so bad! <3  The black kitty is Kai. I need to update his pictures! he's grown so much and is ssoooooo silky now. :3 He also gives kisses on command. So sweet! <3

Offline Rzrwyre

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2012, 08:52:29 AM »
Oops..ended up here again looking at your pretty kitties!  Hey, is Frank polydactyl?  He seems to have pretty chunky paws and I can't tell exactly.  Since my venture into Maine Coons I've absolutely fallen in love with chunky paws!

;D - Raaz.