Author Topic: Spook.. one spoiled house panther  (Read 3572 times)

Offline Canadian Comforts

• *Unknown Canadian*
    • Canadian Comforts
Spook.. one spoiled house panther
« on: October 06, 2012, 05:28:38 PM »
Spook came to us 1 year ago this month, in fact after this thanksgiving (Canada).

When he came he was a cute widdle kitten, that kitten grew and grew to what is known in the family has the fat house panther. He is 13lbs (maybe a pound or two more). He is neutered... an endeavor that he has truly never forgiven me.

He HATES flies and me leaving. True story; recently I had to go away for 5 days suddenly to BC. My husband took really good care of him but apparently the whole time I was gone Spook tried to escape (he is strictly an inside cat). My husband picked me up at the bus depot and when we came in the door, my husband was behind me. Spook must not have heard us come in right away and sashays down the stairs, seeing daddy he does nothing but come over for a leg rub. That's when he spots me. He lets out the loudest, most excited MEOW and runs full tilt towards me, jumping up as I went down on one knee. Yup this cat isn't mine ;)

He has since tried to ruin my luggage bags  ::) Naughty kitty.

Well enough of the talkity talk, here is some photos. :)

And just cause here is widdle Spook:

Offline Rzrwyre

• Posts Too Much!
Re: Spook.. one spoiled house panther
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2012, 05:35:23 PM »
That's one gorgeous kitty!  I love the stories.

My boy (sweetest thing ever) who passed away last year was an almost totally black, if more funny looking mutt kitty.

Thanks for showing us!  (Love those eyes!)

- Raaz.

• *Unknown Canadian*
    • Canadian Comforts
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2012, 05:37:36 PM »
Thanks Raaz. Spook is completely black, even his mouth is black. I've always had a soft spot for black cats because 11 months out of the year they are the least likely to be adopted.

Offline Rzrwyre

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2012, 05:42:03 PM »
I heard that about black cats.  I don't have a clue why!  I THINK I heard that it's also the most common color so that's just...stupid!

There is a local pet store (mom and pop) right next to a vet clinic who do adpotions (yes, I stop in and say hi to the kitties) and they won't adopt out black cats anywhere near Haloween because I guess someone "sacrificed" two they adopted or something...and statistically people seek them out for either bad bad reasons or just impulsive reasons around october.   :doh: :doh: :doh:

Now...I'm sure if they knew that person well (as they do me) they'd make an exception.  They are pretty darned strict on it though.

I seem to understand animals better than people.  Oops!

- Raaz.

• *Unknown Canadian*
    • Canadian Comforts
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2012, 05:53:53 PM »
I have heard of people doing that too. Usually those who "claim" to be "witches or satan worshipers". Too bad thats false (which a simple google search can prove) but they (those sick people) like to get their sick jollies off... sorry very sore spot on many account for me. I don't know if the SPCA here let adoptions for black cats during this time of the year, so far I have yet to see any notice they aren't. They do on the other hand have signs up that people should consider black cats because they are unlikely to be adopted, which is sad.

Personally, a side from Siamese and Coons, I have found black cats to have major personalities. Spook is almost as chatty as a Siamese too!

Offline TheBandit

• Posts Too Much!
  • Fuzzy Dudes!
    • Bandit's House
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2012, 06:07:41 PM »
Spook is gorgeous! And I love the name. Black cats will probably always be my favorite.

Ratless. :(

Missing Erebus, Quiz, Bandit, Appa and Janus. Rest well, my loves. You were all magical and beautiful, and I'll miss you always.

Offline Rzrwyre

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2012, 06:13:48 PM »
Oh, don't think I'm just a siamese and Maine Coon person!  I actually just ended up with Sophie because I wanted her to have a good home.

My kitties who lived to be 14+ and 15+ years old were adopted at the same time when very young...and I took one look at my "bat cat" (he had strangely big ears) and just thought...yeah, you're coming home with me!

Anyone who does anything mean to an animal is NOT on my list of friends.  Satanism and witchcraft are bad excuses as the ones who use it are full of bolongna!

Glad you have such a handsome friend.  Had to look...my mom's last cat was a HUGE panther of a kitty...totally black, had extra vertibrae so he was longer, and a really beefy muzzel.  What a huge and handsome boy.  BUT...he nursed.  All of the time.  On everything!   ::)  (He was only maybe 4 weeks old when his mom was hit by a car).

;D - Raaz.

Modify, I said that wrong.  I don't care if someone believes in whatever...just the excuse of animal torture...I have had many friends into various versions of witchcraft and a couple of satanist friends.  It doesn't mean you have to be mean!
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 06:16:07 PM by Rzrwyre »

Offline Rzrwyre

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2012, 06:17:47 PM »
Hey, that critter who is grey and a rodent...what is s/he?  On your signature thingie.  I honestly can't tell?

• *Unknown Canadian*
    • Canadian Comforts
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2012, 07:23:36 PM »
Anyone who does anything mean to an animal is NOT on my list of friends.  Satanism and witchcraft are bad excuses as the ones who use it are full of bolongna!

I totally Agree. I too have friends of many faiths and I personally find the "witchy" friends to be the most animal friendly out of the bunch. ;)

Oh and the Grey guy (as you posted on the photo thread) is a guinea pig :)

Offline Rzrwyre

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2012, 08:15:36 PM »
I did post on the other thread, but never seen a fellow quite like your grey boy!  Very darling, though!

I'm kind of embarssed to talk about it because of the stigma, but even the satanists I have known have been very kind people.  Really believed in being kind people. 

Jerks are just jerks!  People argue about which religion/no religion is best but I think all have a goal of being a good person.  (I know it doesn't always get expressed that way...I know).  I give people the benefit of the doubt.

- Raaz.

Offline Marybelle

• Magic Wizard of Everything
  • Global Moderator
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Weird, and proud of it!
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2012, 09:08:47 PM »
I have 2 black kitties that we adopted as adults because people are silly and think black cats are bad luck, so they don't adopt them.  Silly people.  They missed out, bigtime.  :)

Your boy is gorgeous.  Sounds like he's got a pretty epic personality, too.  ;)

Offline Rzrwyre

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2012, 11:44:49 PM »
I have 2 black kitties that we adopted as adults because people are silly and think black cats are bad luck, so they don't adopt them.  Silly people.  They missed out, bigtime.  :)

Your boy is gorgeous.  Sounds like he's got a pretty epic personality, too.  ;)

I will NEVER understand why people would think twice!   ::) - Raaz.

• *Unknown Canadian*
    • Canadian Comforts
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2012, 10:43:17 AM »
I will NEVER understand why people would think twice!   ::) - Raaz.

Agreed!   

Offline Rzrwyre

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2012, 12:40:58 PM »
While I think that having BIG cats (you know lions and tigers) as pets is a terrible idea, I still love watching the silly shows on them...little kitties REALLY ARE so much like them!  Only difference is that an accidental bite doesn't land one in emergency surgery!  (Random...it was just the panther comment!)   ;D

Offline lularat

• Forum Enabler
  • Posts Too Much!
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2012, 11:26:09 PM »
He is gorgeous...I love black cats! My sister has been comtemplating getting s cat for some time now. My mother passed away on June 11th and was layed to rest on the 13th. My sister went home later that day only to discover a black stray kitten at her door. We both believe that Mom sent the kitten to her. So not definitely the little devil that people perceive black cats as, but a little black cat in an angel disguise.

Oh and something remarkable at my mom's graveside funeral. Just as it had gotten strangely quiet, a v-formation of geese flew directly above us and they were squawking. We all watched in amazement. My Mom loved all animals and would have love that. Somehow, I think she knew.
~Carolyn~

Offline Rzrwyre

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2012, 03:16:27 AM »
He is gorgeous...I love black cats! My sister has been comtemplating getting s cat for some time now. My mother passed away on June 11th and was layed to rest on the 13th. My sister went home later that day only to discover a black stray kitten at her door. We both believe that Mom sent the kitten to her. So not definitely the little devil that people perceive black cats as, but a little black cat in an angel disguise.

Oh and something remarkable at my mom's graveside funeral. Just as it had gotten strangely quiet, a v-formation of geese flew directly above us and they were squawking. We all watched in amazement. My Mom loved all animals and would have love that. Somehow, I think she knew.

I think I am pretty sure I believe in angels in disguise.  Shortly after my dad passed away, in the absolute middle of a big city, we were driving into our parking spot on a quiet sunday, and there are a ginormous great horned owl (um...not common) with one eye.  My dad was able to donate one eye.  (The rest was too late).  It just sat right there, but even when we were very close, followed us around with it's line of sight.  Some other people pulled over, too...and we were worried it was sick or lost because of it's staying put.  Got the phone book and as soon as we started making phone calls, it majestically just flew away!  (I'm a huge fan of predatory birds and it was TRULY a huge and majestic bird).  I've had dreams about that owl.

Sorry to hyjack...but I do believe in blessings in small packages!

;D - Raaz.

Offline MiserySmith

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2012, 09:29:01 AM »
what a beautiful cat! It's actually my black kitty's second birthday today. :)
I know the shelters I've been to before never adopted black kitties out in October because people were setting them on fire. ): It's the same reason they tell people to keep all their cats/dogs inside or leashed on halloween. It's really for their own safety.
Before my grandmother passed she hated my cat because of Batman being black and 'bad luck'. sorry lady, black cats are amazing.
"The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?"-
Edgar Allan Poe

Offline Rzrwyre

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2012, 12:07:32 AM »
Yeah, my mom called him "batcat" because of his big ears!"

People are just silly.  IF coloration has anything to do with personalities, I've never met a black cat I didn't like.  Playful but sweet!

Offline Been to the Mountaintop

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2012, 07:21:10 AM »
He's gorgeous!!! Yeah, sleek black shorthair kitties with the endless variety in the way the light plays off their fur. Black persians like fluffy stormclouds with great copper moon eyes. Black self ratties like silk shot with subtle silver threads. Berkshires and Irish ratties with their soft sleek formalwear and elegant white gloves and cumberbunds. When I hear racist comments that black critters are evil, or even just boring, I can't believe it.   
--Best, Mountaintop--

Offline Rzrwyre

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2012, 04:12:48 AM »
I met a black persian when adopting my new kitty, and he was the biggest ball of poof...you could hardly see him under all that fuzz!

Yours is just gorgeous!  Love him well!

;D - Raaz.