Author Topic: KITTY FOOD!  (Read 1189 times)

Offline Rzrwyre

• Posts Too Much!
KITTY FOOD!
« on: October 07, 2012, 02:14:41 PM »
Goodness I hate to start a new thread...but I can't really put this on the Sophie list as it's a physical question.

I don't know (and never will) birthdates, but my girl kitty is about 5 years old.  MAN she eats like a horse!  It's amazing!  (Keep in mind I just had 14 and 15 year olds, so maybe I forgot how much they eat).

She's my first Maine Coon and I know they may not finish growing until 5 years.  She's in the 11 or 12 lb range and not terribly big...

Anyone think she might still be growing?!  (Possible that it's nervous eating, but I dunno.)  Her food is so much more rich in calorie concentration than what I normally fed...I'd think I had an elephant I was feeding!  (Foster mom says not to worry...this is just a casual inquiry, though I've never had a kitty eat like that at 5 years!) 

;D - Raaz.

Offline Rzrwyre

• Posts Too Much!
Re: KITTY FOOD!
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 12:59:46 AM »
I'm sorry...I am just so happy about my cat!

She REALLY goes through the food and is NOT overweight!  The funny is that it just amazes me.  This MUST be a Maine Coon thing...or something!

Happy kitty dad - Raaz.

Offline binkyhoo

• Posts Too Much!
  • I Kissed a Rat
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2012, 03:53:12 PM »
Do the feel for ribs and spine thing.  If you can feel them feed more.  I have a rat that I was just doing the cat/dog (rat skinny)  test on.  I snacked her face and put a bit of weight on her.

As for Maine Coon Kittys.... I LOVE BIG Kittys!  I Love the big footies! I love the  big muzzels and the big tails.  The bigger the better.

Offline Rzrwyre

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2012, 06:33:00 PM »
Oh, again looks are certainly not everything for me.  Or anything!  But I'm so in love with her looks...stunning is an understatement!  I think the big paws and tails have me hooked.

She has always been free fed dry with additional wet food.  I'm not working on trying to change that anytime soon.  It's pretty decent food.  (Solid Gold Indigo Moon). 

She's not really big or small (though I know some say 11-12 lbs is big...many of my kitties have been).  Um...we aren't quite to the physical examination stage.  Still warming up to that!

She looks wonderful, I think maybe it's because my last kitties were elderly, but they didn't such high protein food...so it's amazing what a little piggy she is!

;D - Raaz.

Offline Rzrwyre

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2012, 10:24:39 PM »
Gonna eat me out of house and home!   :wink5:

Offline danadu6

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2012, 07:03:14 PM »
I feel the same way with my foster kitties. PIGS! But I as well was use to feeding a 18 year old cat.  :)

Offline Rzrwyre

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2012, 03:59:49 AM »
Yeah, I was sick alllllll day long, and just checked and she almost wiped out her food!  I really do still wonder if she might still be growing, though her food is high enough protein that I think it will serve her well.

- Raaz.