Author Topic: New Kitten  (Read 1437 times)

Offline wickedrodent

• Posts Too Much!
  • "Its not always rainbows and butterflies"
    • Wicked's Crochet Cozies
New Kitten
« on: October 22, 2012, 05:20:09 PM »

New cutie! Completely unplanned kitten that we found in the walmart parking lot. Just found her today on my lunch break and hubby took her home. Not sure how the foster-dog is going to react.

Anyone know a good flea-treatment for a kitten that's so little? Gonna have to pick up some "crap" cat food at Walmart until I can get to a place with a better variety this weekend.

Offline harpbeat339

• "A balanced person has a rat on each shoulder"
Re: New Kitten
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, 05:49:26 PM »
Gorgeous kitten! The parking lot of Walmart? Someone must have dropped him there...I doubt he's a stray because he seems to be a pretty fancy breed of cat (although I'm no expert)
Proud Mommy of:
Dogs - Brody (cockapoo) <3 <3 <3
Rats - Colby and Brie

Offline Maltey

• Posts Too Much!
  • I'm gonna kiss that rat, that's what I'm gonna do
    • The Relaxed Rat
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 06:42:09 PM »
SQUEEEEEEEE!!!
♥Courtney and the ever-growing mischief♥

My Blog!

Offline wickedrodent

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2012, 07:52:39 PM »
Name shopping ATM - going to be leaving work shortly! Can't wait to get home and see her again. She's such a cutie! More pics soon!

Offline Marybelle

• Magic Wizard of Everything
  • Global Moderator
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Weird, and proud of it!
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2012, 10:22:47 PM »
At that age and size, you're better off doing a bath with Dawn dish soap and killing all the fleas you can find while you do it, unless you can get to the vet and get some Advantage.  Nothing OTC is going to be safe enough, for sure.

She's adorable!

Offline wickedrodent

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2012, 04:19:35 PM »
Two dawn baths and I think I may have gotten all the fleas. She's definitely feeling better, from how she acted before and after. I'm going to give her another one tonight, just to be sure. She was pretty covered and I want to get them all ASAP to avoid the risk of having them infest my house/the other animals (dog, ferrets).

You can see how little she is here:

Bath time:

After the bath:

She did really well in the bath, all things considered. Didn't move too much, or scratch, which I was surprised with. She was really playful after the bath and then settled down and snuggled for a nap. She's a bit more into biting than I've experienced with any kitten previously - it's almost like she's teething like a puppy. She's also really noisy if you put her up (we're keeping her in a spare bathroom for now since she's so tiny) and meows a lot - she likes being out and with you all the time.

Also, we named her Aria.

Offline Eternal Dream

• Posts Too Much!
  • Kelly
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2012, 07:28:01 PM »
So pretty and oh so tiny.
You might have been able to get away with using capstar depending on the size. But since the bath got most of the fleas it's a toss up if it would be worth it now. We used Capstar at the shelter for any kittens we took in that had fleas. It's safe and kills them all within no time. Plus from what I saw you can get it at Petco now? At least it was online.

I wonder if there were brothers and sisters? Or if someone just decided they didn't want their kitten anymore. But I've seen momma cats move their babies to crazy places.

Good thing you found her though!

Offline wickedrodent

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2012, 07:34:13 PM »
Walmart/my house is right by an animal shelter so unfortunately we see a lot of animals dumped before it opens (to avoid fees). Kittens/dogs are lose all the time around here, but they rarely get as far as walmart. I doubt if it isn't one of those circumstances. There was a chihuahua lose when we first moved in that fell into that category. There are a lot of outdoor cats, too, that people feed. None have made it as far as my street, thankfully, or I'd be in the "crazy cat lady" category by now. I'd been missing having a cat anyhow, so this little one will be staying with me. Not to mention she's the most precious thing ever!

Offline Marybelle

• Magic Wizard of Everything
  • Global Moderator
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Weird, and proud of it!
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2012, 07:56:07 PM »
She is terribly pretty!  Love the name.

Offline Been to the Mountaintop

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2012, 10:30:00 AM »
What a baby fuzzbutt! She looks like she has extra toes on her back feet--does she?
--Best, Mountaintop--

Offline wickedrodent

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2012, 12:57:36 PM »
Nope! Normal toes.  ;)

Some semi-crappy photos. Kitten & String = Hours of entertainment.