Author Topic: Sansa  (Read 3885 times)

Offline GhostMouse

• Posts Too Much!
  • Ghost, Mouse, and Buster. Together once again. <3
    • Rats. Rest well, sweet boys. <3
Sansa
« on: November 06, 2012, 07:52:47 PM »
A couple of months ago, my boyfriend and I decided we were ready to adopt a dog. One Saturday, we decided to go to the adoption event at our local pet store, just to see what sort of dogs they had. You know, just to look. But when we saw her, my boyfriend knew that was our dog. She was asleep in the back of one of the adoption pens, not up front trying to greet anyone. We asked the volunteers about her and they got us on the phone with her foster mom. She sounded perfect, and we filled out the adoption forms right then, and got to pick her up the next day.

She's my first dog and I know I'm being spoiled by how awesome and easy to work with she is. She mopes during baths but doesn't try to get out until we're done; she even gets in the tub on command (we didn't train her to do that). She's pretty quick to learn tricks. She's great with people and other dogs and cats (and even pretty good with rats, although that may be because she's scared of them). In fact, she was fostered with cats, and loves them so much that we eventually adopted a cat as well (his name is Jax, and he'll be getting his own thread very soon). You'll see him in the pictures. They're inseparable.

The biggest issue we had when we chose her was her foster name; Cindy Lou. We were so impressed by her calm demeanor and polite, ladylike behavior on her first day that we chose to name her after Sansa, from Game of Thrones. She turns 1 year old sometime this month.

Anyway, that's Sansa in a nutshell. Now for the best part, pictures!

These first two I grabbed from her Petfinder listing before it was pulled. It's the closest I'll get to seeing what she looked like as a puppy.

These are from her first day home. (She was about 35 pounds when we got her and she's nearly 45 pounds now!)

Not the best picture, but you can see how much she loves the dog park. All her white fur turns the same orange-y color as her spots thanks to the red clay we have here.

My brother (and his fancy camera) got some nice shots during one of our visits. The cats wouldn't play with her so she curled up on their favorite spot on the antique sofa.

I'm currently uploading more pictures to Imgur, I'll post them soon. Until then, you can also check out her Halloween thread.

Offline GhostMouse

• Posts Too Much!
Re: Sansa
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 09:19:01 PM »
Here are some more pictures of my sweet girl and her single pointed ear.

It isn't always completely pointy like that, but it does always sit higher than the super-floppy one. It's gotten pointier and pointier since we got her.

Offline Ratacate

• Posts Too Much!
  • <3
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2012, 01:00:24 AM »
Wow. Adorable. <3
Current Ratties:
Pandora
Gypsy

Bridge:
Ratacate (<3 rat)
Rainbow
Ratatta
Rat 1 (who never had a name :/ )
Oreo
Ruby
Martha
Razzle
Mary

Offline LotusWolf

• Posts Too Much!
  • Save a life, or two, or three. Adopt an animal.
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2012, 11:36:29 AM »
That pointy ear is adorable!! And congrats on your new addition.  ;D I love the name, having recently gotten addicted to Game of Thrones myself.

Offline dogsnbears

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2012, 09:39:20 PM »
she looks like a super nice, happy girl  :)

Offline GhostMouse

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2012, 09:03:07 PM »
Thanks everyone!  ;D

This is what happens when I leave pillows on 'her' side of the sofa.

Offline applecavy

• Posts Too Much!
  • Think adoption first! :3
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2012, 10:17:58 PM »
How can having such lovely pillows make you look so bummed out pup?

Offline liza

• Posts Too Much!
  • once upon a time my heart got stolen by rats
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2012, 11:42:38 PM »
This has brought tears into my eyes. The love you have for her comes through with the words you chose to describe her and the meaning behind them. She clearly is very loved - what a lucky, lucky girl! She found just the right parents!

Oh, and by the way, she is gorgeous!  :shocked2: Amazingly beautiful! She looks like a model! Just beautiful!  :heart:
Currently owned by Jasper,Gopher,Anabelle+Anastasia,Donut+Vivian+Franklin+Guido+Round1+Round2 babies, Dot+Orca,Marie+Rene+Nicola,Libbie,Annie,Melanie+Espresso (rats).Velvet+Dancer (bunnies).Porcellina+Skunk (pigs).Cercira (hamster) and Bandit (dog).
Our angels in heaven, we will always love you!

Offline GhostMouse

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2012, 08:35:29 AM »
How can having such lovely pillows make you look so bummed out pup?
  :yelcutelaugh: I have no idea. She just couldn't figure out how to lay flat on the sofa. I pulled the pillows out from under her after this shot and she was much happier.

This has brought tears into my eyes. The love you have for her comes through with the words you chose to describe her and the meaning behind them. She clearly is very loved - what a lucky, lucky girl! She found just the right parents!

Oh, and by the way, she is gorgeous!  :shocked2: Amazingly beautiful! She looks like a model! Just beautiful!  :heart:

There's no icon for (happy) blushing, but I assure you I am. Thank you!

(Sansa would blush, too, if she knew what you said about her. And then she'd wag her whole body at you; she wags from the shoulders back when she's excited. :yelcutelaugh: )

Offline liza

• Posts Too Much!
  • once upon a time my heart got stolen by rats
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2012, 11:37:10 PM »
I would get a full body wiggle?  :heart: Awww, I love those!  :hyper:
Currently owned by Jasper,Gopher,Anabelle+Anastasia,Donut+Vivian+Franklin+Guido+Round1+Round2 babies, Dot+Orca,Marie+Rene+Nicola,Libbie,Annie,Melanie+Espresso (rats).Velvet+Dancer (bunnies).Porcellina+Skunk (pigs).Cercira (hamster) and Bandit (dog).
Our angels in heaven, we will always love you!

Offline Cortney

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2013, 12:48:09 PM »
What a beauty. She is a great looking girlie!  :heart:

Offline Been to the Mountaintop

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2013, 01:54:10 PM »
Congrats to you both!
--Best, Mountaintop--

Offline GhostMouse

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2013, 11:19:59 AM »
Wow, I'm way past due for a Sansa update. Come check out her Halloween costume over here!

Offline GhostMouse

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2013, 10:57:11 PM »
For the latest update on Sansa, check out this thread;D

Offline arianaburns

« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2013, 11:37:33 AM »
Love the ear :) adorable!
1.0 husband (Nick)~1.0 boxer (Jackyl)~0.1 shih tzu (Maggie)~0.1 chi/minpin (Lola)