Author Topic: Degus for Adoption in SE Michigan  (Read 3620 times)

Offline CarrieD

• Posts Too Much!
    • Yale Road Adoptables
Degus for Adoption in SE Michigan
« on: November 18, 2012, 06:32:38 PM »
Yale Road Adoptables has several degus looking for forever homes. Mostly females, but also one lone male who came here after being abandoned in an apartment when the people moved out. Ladies are friendly, but do not like to be held beyond being moved from point A to point B. Male is more socialized and will tolerate being held for short periods.

More photos and information at http://www.yaleroadadoptables.weebly.com

Thanks for considering adoption!  :wave2:

Offline staarlight

Re: Degus for Adoption in SE Michigan
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 07:04:10 PM »
They're so cute!!
Owned by three demanding ratties :)

Offline VampireSmeezeGirls

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 10:29:44 PM »
Would your boy tolerate being introduced to other males?  3 boys live here, they have a doubled up DCN to claim as their own.  They are VERY unsocial, but not aggressive, so I agree to let them do as they want.

Offline CarrieD

• Posts Too Much!
    • Yale Road Adoptables
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2012, 10:45:50 PM »
There's no way to tell that, unfortunately. I've introduced boys to my personal group that were fine, but could not introduce Bonus. He doesn't seem to be dominant at all, my four resident boys just werent having it. If you're close to me (SE MI) and would like to try it, I'm game - he's a lonely boy and needs company badly.

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2012, 10:48:37 PM »
There's no way to tell that, unfortunately. I've introduced boys to my personal group that were fine, but could not introduce Bonus. He doesn't seem to be dominant at all, my four resident boys just werent having it. If you're close to me (SE MI) and would like to try it, I'm game - he's a lonely boy and needs company badly.
Sad part is I'm not that close, and I've got 3 boys who can be bossy, can be fine.  It's hit or miss with them, but since they've always lived together, when one gets "jerky", the other two go off together.

Sigh, if I was closer than a good 8-10 hour drive, I'd give it a try.

Offline CarrieD

• Posts Too Much!
    • Yale Road Adoptables
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2012, 11:10:18 PM »
And if I was closer than an 8-10 hour drive, I'd let you. Bonus is a loney dude. My boys are the same - sometimes fine, sometimes flinging themselves - or others - across the cage. There was blood foul with Bonus - a cut on his neck that healed fine - but it was nasty enough fast enough that I won't try again.

I'm traveling about 4 hours south and slightly west for the Christmas holiday, does that help at all?

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2012, 11:12:16 PM »
For Christmas, we are heading towards Seattle.  Phooey.  Poor Bonus :(

Offline disastercupcake

• Ritten
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2013, 01:37:51 PM »
Hi! I live in mid-Michigan area. I have one lone male degu, still very young, looking for a buddy. Are you still in need of finding a home for your male? I don't want to risk more baby degus with a female =/

Offline CarrieD

• Posts Too Much!
    • Yale Road Adoptables
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2013, 01:50:20 PM »
Bonus is still with me - feel free to drop me a line at gotrats10 (at) yahoo (dot) com and we can chat some more. :)