Author Topic: 2 Mice - 1 male, 1 probably pregnant female - Southern WV  (Read 1660 times)

Offline missamy

2 Mice - 1 male, 1 probably pregnant female - Southern WV
« on: December 27, 2012, 12:25:32 PM »
My cousin has for some reason ended up with 2 mice.  I was originally told three and that one was pregnant, but I finally caved and went to look at them yesterday to see what condition they were in.  There are only 2.  There is a male (dark brown) and a female (black), unfortunately housed together in a hamster cage, in a closet, eating cat food.   :eek:   The female doesn't look pregnant right now, but I would assume that odds are that she probably is.  The female is very friendly and sweet.  The male was more skittish, but friendly once I finally caught him. 

If anyone is interested in adopting them or one of them, please let me know.  I'm in southern WV, but transport can possibly be arranged.  I don't know what to do with the little guys and can't bring them home myself right now, so I'm stuck.  My cousin is an idiot and has a long history of poor animal care and abandonment that I regularly have to deal with.  >:(
I am only one, but I am still one.  I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.  - Edward Everett Hale

Offline missamy

URGENT NEED! 2 Mice - 1 male, 1 probably pregnant female - Southern WV
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 07:00:44 PM »
I ended up having to bring the mice home tonight.   :doh:   :'(   :'(   :'(  I REALLY did not want to have to do this.  They were going to either be released out in the 20* weather or killed with a hammer tonight, so I had no choice.  I desperately need to find them homes or a rescue to go to!  If anyone can help, please contact me. 
I am only one, but I am still one.  I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.  - Edward Everett Hale

Offline missamy

Male mouse, female mouse, 9 babies in need of homes - Southern WV
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 08:44:15 PM »
Momma mouse had 9 babies.  I will take pictures soon!  ALL need homes, including daddy mouse.  I found 2 small animal rescues and contacted them.  One is unable to assist and I'm still hoping to hear back from the other.  If anyone knows of any rescue that might be able to help PLEASE let me know, specifically along the east coast, say south of Pennsylvania all the way down to Florida. 

:help:   :worry:

Offline missamy

Re: 2 Mice - 1 male, 1 probably pregnant female - Southern WV
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2013, 03:58:19 PM »
Baby picture!

Still zero people interested in these guys.  I've emailed every rescue I could find, maybe 6-8, and heard back from one that they would take some, but I haven't heard back from them yet since then, so I don't know if they're going to or not. 

Offline RatNook

• Posts Too Much!
  • Never judge from the outside.
Re: 2 Mice - 1 male, 1 probably pregnant female - Southern WV
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2013, 09:15:13 PM »
They're adorable, I would take some but live pretty far away.  :(
~Alyssa

Offline missamy

Baby Pictures!
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2013, 05:15:00 PM »
Boy babies:

Girl babies:

Dad:

Mom:

In good news, Small Angels Rescue is going to be taking some of them!  :BlueDumboSmile:  :heart:   

If anyone is interested in adopting, please let me know!