Author Topic: My Tom cats! and their stories.  (Read 1220 times)

Offline never-sleep

My Tom cats! and their stories.
« on: November 18, 2012, 08:35:33 PM »
Well I have four cats, all of them boys.

Bear:  Bear's mom was named Lil' Gray (his dad was a neighborhood stray I named Father Catto, due to the black fur and square white spot on his chest). She was a gorgeous tortiseshell calico with the greenest eyes I have ever seen. She, her 'twin' sister Pehpei, and their orange tabby brother whom I named Little Man, were born under my house. After they were weaned their mother left, but they did not. They were wild and scared of everyone.  Slowly they began to trust me and became the sweetest kittens. Little Man was taken by a friend of mine and renamed Gizmo. Nobody wanted the girls so I kept them. They never like it inside so they stayed outdoors where they loved to catch feild mice. Lil' Gray got preganant and had her babies where she was born, under our porch. She soon moved them to the back of an old jeep in our yard. Their names were Blitzkrieg, a bright orange tabby male who was all over the place, Trouble, a black cat with a white chest who lived up to her name, and Bear, a stocky little boy with light gold tabby fur and little rounded ears. He looked like a little gold bear. He is the last one left of Lil' Gray's litter. He is about five or six now and is gorgeous. His ears finally pointed, but he is stil stocky and muscular. He is a good ten pounds, but has no fat on him. His eyes match Lil' grays.

Duff- Duff is the son of Trouble, or at least that's what I think. Trouble was and indoor cat untill one day she got out and was never seen again. I found Duff in the woods with his 2 sisters, Mischief (calico) and Valkyrie (tabby with calico spots). Mischief was given to my brother's girlfriend (now ex). Valkyrie, who loved being outside unlike her siblings, was mauled by a dog and killed. He is black with white paws and a white chest. The tip of his tail is bent, due to being broken when he was born. He is a total fluff and extremely licky. He has very pretty green eyes. His best friend is my Pitbull, Dozer. They eat together, sleep together, play together, and do just about everything together. He is very quiet and extremely polite acting, unless him and Dozer are wrestling, which they do often. He is about 2.

Oogie Boogie Man- I found Boogie wandering around in a Burger King parking lot skinny and dirty. It was a fe days before Halloween (hence the name) last year. He is crazy. He is white with orange spots and orangeish eyes. He is really long legged and slender. He loves going outside with my brother and jumping on the trampoline. He is very vocal and talks to everyone. He is a dog in a cat's body. He loves to cuddle and has never really acted like a cat. He is a little over a year old.

Worm- So a little over a month ago a friend of mine called me hysterical about her cat. The cat was a gorgeous siamese with a bad habit of running out an open door. A while before she had gotten pregnant on one of her outdoor adventures. A week after the kittens were born the cat darted out the door once again. She ran out into the road and was hit my a car. She died, leaving behind six newborn kittens. So my friend took in the task of raising them. I would go there on weekends and help her with them since I have raised many newborn kittens. I fell in love with the kittens. There were 2 females both tortiseshell calicos and 4 black males. One of the males, the runt, looked like how a cat in a book I read was described. The book was called The Witches of Worm. So I named the tiny little guy Worm. Now five weeks later I am typing this with Worm asleep in my lap. He is not very cute and has deepset eyes that are too far down on his squished in face and ears that are too far apart. But, I, having a soft spot for the outcasts, love him. What he lacks in looks he makes up for in sweetness (unlike the Worm in the book).  His eyes are showing no change in the current blue, that kittens have. So he may end up with blue eyes, like his mother. He has tabby markings. You can see the faint stripes under his fur. They are a shade darker than the rest of his fur.

I love every one of my feline friends. Each has their own personality and are completely different from one another.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 08:40:28 PM by never-sleep »

Offline Kati33

• Posts Too Much!
  • Howdy!
Re: My Tom cats! and their stories.
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 09:32:18 AM »
Sounds like it would be a good idea to do some trapping/spaying and neutering around your place. That is a lot of cats to have them keep reproducing... Are all your kiddos indoor only at this point?
Kati33
Watusi, Charolais, Orca, Puffin, Sloth and Sifaka the Rats
Some dogs, reptiles and a husband...
Past Rats: Jag, Otter, Wolf, Frog, Bear, Moose, Emu as in Komodo Dragon, Squirrel, Turtle, Elephant, Ox, Opossum, Octopus, Okapi, Cassowary, Goose, Squid, Coati, Flamingo, Zebu, Bo(vine)

Offline never-sleep

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2012, 01:49:33 PM »
That was all the result of strays, erg. Two are outdoors. I live out in the country and the other two don't like indoors. Duff can't stand being away from Dozer (who lives in my 2 acre yard, and Bear is freaked out by walls). They don't roam luckily and cats don't get under my house anymore. We have a possum that lives under there and can't seem to get him out :/
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 01:51:09 PM by never-sleep »

Offline Kati33

• Posts Too Much!
  • Howdy!
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2012, 03:20:39 PM »
Check around with your local humane societies- some of them have trap/neuter/release programs that will help control the local population and may even be able to rehome the tame ones. At least you can get your personal 4 neutered so they aren't impregnanting more and amplifying the problem.
Kati33
Watusi, Charolais, Orca, Puffin, Sloth and Sifaka the Rats
Some dogs, reptiles and a husband...
Past Rats: Jag, Otter, Wolf, Frog, Bear, Moose, Emu as in Komodo Dragon, Squirrel, Turtle, Elephant, Ox, Opossum, Octopus, Okapi, Cassowary, Goose, Squid, Coati, Flamingo, Zebu, Bo(vine)

Offline never-sleep

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2012, 05:35:37 PM »
I haven't seen a stray since I found Duff and his sisters. That was about 2 years ago. Plus, where I live the humane society doesn't operate and the animal contraol center has no jurisdiction where I am, since I live out of city limits. I plan on getting them nuetered when I get a job. Luckily, they are vaccinated and healthy.

I am moving soon, to a larger city, so they will have to be inside then. They are only outside now, only because it is what they prefer and it is pretty safe where I am.