Author Topic: This girl is really pissing me off.  (Read 1157 times)

Offline Ratacate

• Posts Too Much!
  • <3
This girl is really pissing me off.
« on: December 12, 2012, 10:36:48 PM »
(Not sure if this is the right place, feel free to move it.)
There's an ex coworker of mine i am still friends with on facebook. she's really starting to piss me off with the way she treats her animals. About a month ago she posted all over facebook that she was rehoming her cats cause she lost her job and could no longer afford to take care of them (acceptable) BUT then she posted THE VERY NEXT DAY that she no longer needed a home. I sent her a message asking how she found someone so quickly to take care of them (its hard to rehome here, shelters are mostly kill shelters and the SPCA has a huge waiting list.) she messaged back telling me that she didn't find a home, but rather dropped them off at a local park. I told her that she should try to find them and find real homes for them. she then told me that i didn't need to be in her business, and what she does with her cats is her business. So i then went on to tell her that when it comes to another life, a helpless one at that, it is my business, not to mention these cats were not spayed. She said that they were already outdoor cats so they'll be fine. They can catch birds and mice. i tried to explain to her that cats cannot realistically live off of what they catch, and if they're used to her feeding them everyday, it will be really tough to adjust. She signed off.
Now fast-forward to last week, she posted pictures of a pitt mix she had just adopted. I messaged her asking her how she could possible afford a dog if she couldnt afford her cats. She again told me to stay out of her business. She has been posting about all these problems this dog has, chewing things, going to the bathroom in the house, barking. She has now started crating this dog all day, even when she's home, and only takes it out before she goes to bed. feeds it once a day. This is a 9 month old pitt puppy. it needs lots of exercise, and lots of food. She posted two days ago, "Rocco likes chocolate cake, i ran out of food, and didn't have anything else lol. oops. Now he's crazzzzyy hypper!" this set me off. I commented "This is abuse, you seriously need to evaluate your priorities before you take responsibility for another life. You could very easily kill this dog if you're not careful. I would suggest rehoming him to someone who can take proper care of him, and feed him a healthy diet. And not just drop him off at some park. You're cats are probably dead right now, do you really want to take another life?" She responded with "Shut the F**K up this is none of your business and if you dont stop ill delete and block you." Well im THIS close to reporting her for animal abuse, when this morning she posted "OMG! someone broke in the house and stole Rocco! I cant believe someone would do that! This is crazy i miss my baby!" yet she has yet to report it. Knowing her, she probably just let him out the front door. Im so worried as to whats going to happen to him. In Richmond, there are a lot of people who will pick up Pitts for fighting, and he's so young that it would seriously effect him. Im so mad right now UGH!
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 10:38:33 PM by Ratacate »
Current Ratties:
Pandora
Gypsy

Bridge:
Ratacate (<3 rat)
Rainbow
Ratatta
Rat 1 (who never had a name :/ )
Oreo
Ruby
Martha
Razzle
Mary

Offline Ratacate

• Posts Too Much!
  • <3
Re: This girl is really pissing me off.
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012, 11:59:53 AM »
Does anyone have any ideas as to what i can do?
Current Ratties:
Pandora
Gypsy

Bridge:
Ratacate (<3 rat)
Rainbow
Ratatta
Oreo
Ruby
Martha
Razzle
Mary

Offline bit-bit

• Posts Too Much!
  • I'm tough as glass and clean as night.
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 02:18:16 PM »
Honestly, cut her out of your life.

You could try to report her for the animal abuse/neglect, but without hard evidence, not much can be done. 

Yeah, it's awful that the animals are suffering, but it sounds like you've gotten your message to her and she's refusing to listen.  At that point, you need to make the break for your own sake and hope that she grows up some day.

Offline SchönDers

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2012, 03:12:28 PM »
I cannot believe that this person is seriously that irresponsible with her pets. If you take on a pet, you should be ready to take care of them. Instead of letting her cats go out in the park, she could have signed up here and adopted them out. I am currently looking for another cat, and probably would have been a better owner.  There are always people who want animals, always. Yes, it might take a while to find a suitable home, but that's better than letting your pet go.

Man, there is just so much fail with this person... so much fail

Offline Ratacate

• Posts Too Much!
  • <3
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2012, 04:24:38 PM »
Its so hard because her roommate still works with me..so I still have to hear it.
I've been looking on CL to see if anyone had posted that they found her dog but so far none.
Current Ratties:
Pandora
Gypsy

Bridge:
Ratacate (<3 rat)
Rainbow
Ratatta
Oreo
Ruby
Martha
Razzle
Mary

Offline Lynke

• <3
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2012, 09:12:55 PM »
D: that is seriously messed up. Any life you choose to bring into your home should not be taken lightly... we have a responsibilty to these animals... I feel even to the strays as it was human involvment that created them in the first place. Either way that's abuse and abusing any life is just messed up.

I have a seriouse soft spot for pittys too... not that their anymore or less important then any other animal... just I find that people tend to abuse them/ fear them more. I was at school one day when this kid asked me to hold his pitbull for a second... guy never showed up again. The dog was a total sweetheart, we ended up having to take her to the shelter as none of my friends or I could take her in...