Author Topic: New to forum and wanted to share :)  (Read 900 times)

Offline lovemyrats84

• Olivia and Violets momma :)
New to forum and wanted to share :)
« on: December 15, 2012, 05:52:55 PM »
Hello cat lovers :) I wanted to share about my wonderful mini panther Vader. I adopted him from a shelter in Orlando in 2004, hes now 12 years old and still acts like he's 5! When I adopted him he was already neutered and unfortunately he was de-clawed poor guy. He was also about 25 pounds!!! He was the only cat in the shelter that sat in the back corner of his kennel with his back to the door, and I said hi sweetie,  he turned his head and just said... meow... I fell in love! Took him home, and was thinking of a name, he was sleeping above my head on the pillow, and while he was purring he literally sounded like Darth Vader...so thus I named him vader. He's slimmed down some now, weighs about 18 pounds now, and he's been in my life as my handsome panther for 8 years now. I love him so much and hes an amazing cat, but definitely likes to be the only cat!! I brought home a few week old kitten I found on the side of the road once, and he batted it with his paw away from him and wouldn't look at me the whole time the kitten was there!!  He lives with me and my 2 dogs and 2 rats and my bearded dragon. He tolerates all of them lol.... he lets the rats climb on him and doesn't really pay attention to my beardie. He loves water, will get in the shower with me sometimes its hilarious! And if I have water in a glas on the table, you can bet he will put his paw in and take some :) He's my handsome boy and getting to be an old man, but is still very active. I don't even want to think of life without him but I know I'll have to one day :( as for now, I just wanted to post some pictures of my boy, I'm new to the cat forum and I wanted to share :) Hope everyone enjoys and has a great day!!

Love Mother Nature and her animals and help others learn to take care of both!

Offline Dragonfly

• Posts Too Much!
  • I ME MINE
Re: New to forum and wanted to share :)
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2012, 06:38:49 PM »
He's a big boy and a dead ringer for my kitty Curry, besides the size thing. Curry is a petite 8 lbs.
Love the Creatures. Love the baby. Love the life.

Offline Marybelle

• Magic Wizard of Everything
  • Global Moderator
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Weird, and proud of it!
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2012, 10:45:41 PM »
He's gorgeous!  Much love for the black kitties!

Offline applecavy

• Posts Too Much!
  • Think adoption first! :3
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2012, 11:00:02 PM »
He is a stunner! And he doesn't look his age at all.

Offline lovemyrats84

• Olivia and Violets momma :)
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2012, 10:22:30 PM »
He's my baby boy! I love him lots! He doesn't look or act 12!! He's getting a little thinner, but I'm a vet tech and I've seen 23 year old cats before... I hope he gets there too :)
Love Mother Nature and her animals and help others learn to take care of both!