Author Topic: Protein Levels  (Read 875 times)

Offline A_STEW

• Posts Too Much!
Protein Levels
« on: December 17, 2012, 02:54:56 AM »
I am just about to switch my basset from puppy food to an adult formula. He's on the vet brand now, and I'm going to be switching him to Taste of the Wild. I picked up a bag of the High Prairie formula. Looking on their website I noticed that the protein level in their formulas differs, with this formula being the highest. I guess I just want to know if there are any benefits of one level of protein over another, and if this formula is the right fit for him. Thanks!

Offline RattiesSix

• Posts Too Much!
Re: Protein Levels
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 05:43:09 PM »
I've got my girl on the pacific stream (Or whatever the fish one is), and she does fantastic on it. She has allergies to grains and processed chicken, so it works well for her. We've had her on Innova Evo, which has super high protein, with nothing but good results as well. Since we supplement raw, she probably gets even higher protein levels than that.

Offline A_STEW

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2012, 12:31:23 AM »
That makes me feel better. We've had old/sick dogs for so long that I completely forgot how to feed a young healthy one. Our previous dogs were a diabetic 12 year old basset and a chronically arthritic 11 year old lab. After they passed and we got the pup I was literally standing in the pet store staring at all the different kinds of food that have been made since I last went "shopping" for it.

Offline RattiesSix

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2012, 06:16:25 PM »
I love Taste of the Wild. It's really amazing and works great for us. It's one of the best foods we could find for the price. She's been on it for three years now and it helps keep her fur on her body, lol. She does eat more than the bag says, but she's a high energy terrier dog.