Author Topic: weird, very temporary seizure-like symptoms?  (Read 720 times)

Offline accordingly

• Instagram
weird, very temporary seizure-like symptoms?
« on: January 08, 2013, 01:00:38 AM »
I'm a rat owner with no cats, but my boyfriend's cat has been having some very weird symptoms and I was just wondering if anyone over here had any experience with this.

My boyfriend's cat is about 7 or 8 years old, and throughout the past few months he's been having weird 'episodes' where one of his back legs seems to cramp up, his tail curls in a weird way, and he seems to lose his balance. These last maybe three minutes max, then he goes back to normal and seems completely fine.  Eating, drinking, and using the litter box like normal as far as I know.  It's been happening once every few weeks, and he's had it maybe five or six times since this past summer.

He's been to the vet and I think they have tested his kidneys and done some bloodwork, but nothing has been conclusive and I think they're mostly just waiting to see what happens at this point since he doesn't seem to have any long-term health problems.

Has anyone experienced something similar, with very quick and relatively infrequent episodes like this?  I figure it can't hurt to ask around and see if anyone knows what might be going on.