Author Topic: Guinea Temporary cage HELP  (Read 1318 times)

Offline Ebonyraven

Guinea Temporary cage HELP
« on: January 28, 2013, 04:35:20 AM »
We are moving to a camper. YEP, you saw that right. CAMPER until the loan for a house is approved (Around a month)

We already have my mother Fish-Sitting our three aquariums (a 55, 34, and 20 gallon tank) but she put her foot down at guinea pigs (And her dogs would eat them)   :eek:

Because of this, you can imagine we're going to be limited on space. Well, the rat cage is perfectly fine, that is a stand up and down cage, but the guineas have eight square foot Midwest cages that we don't have room for. So, I'm curious as a TEMPORARY SOLUTION (A month TOPS) Would I be able to purchase another Critter nation cage and place them in that?

I know it isn't ideal, but it stacks on top of our other cage and would be much bigger than placing them in a store bought cage.

If so how would I go about pig proofing? I planned on adding a guard around the second level so they could go up there, but not fall down.

Oh, by the way the camper would be stationary. No travelin piggies.  :help:

Any other ideas (CAGE IDEAS WOULD BE LOVERLY) are extremely encouraged.

Also, though I've heard the amazing stories behind custom C&C cages, i'm quite avidly not going to use them. My guinea had a bad experience in one, and I'm terrified to try them again.

Offline applecavy

• Posts Too Much!
  • Think adoption first! :3
Re: Guinea Temporary cage HELP
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 11:43:45 AM »
My girls live in a big C&C, but my last foster lived in the bottom of my DFN for a while. It should do just fine for a month or so.
I don't have any pictures of when Milo was living in there, but I have some pictures from when some past foster rats were, so you can get the idea.

Pretty much when is was just him I took out the level and all of the hanging stuff, and just had like his pigloo, hay rack and food and water bowl. Not very spacious, but the cement mixing tub kept all of his bedding in, and it suited.

Offline Ebonyraven

Re: Guinea Temporary cage HELP
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 12:56:58 PM »
Thank you so much! I'm so relieved!